Login

russian armor

ISU-152

• This thread is locked
PAGES (35)down
22 May 2014, 19:57 PM

Did anyone try to pack some PGs with Schrecks in an M3 driving behind the ISU?
#Neverforget

what about the zis and maxims around it?
22 May 2014, 20:01 PM

Hard to get M3's with germans tho

That's the tricky part.
Try to empty one and steal it.
Gotta be a thug in CoH these days. PEACE.
22 May 2014, 21:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 May 2014, 19:57 PMBurts

Jesus relic, did you even TEST how horribly overpowered are shocks in an M3? i mean they can litteraly force off a single grenadier squad....

good one
3 Jun 2014, 13:33 PM
7 Jun 2014, 23:19 PM

Permanently Banned
interesting how relic has failed to hotfix this blatant abuse which is ruining games ? I guess russian crying and tears works for them.
7 Jun 2014, 23:45 PM

interesting how relic has failed to hotfix this blatant abuse which is ruining games ? I guess russian crying and tears works for them.

You hotfix bugs, not balance. Hotfixing balance could lead to more problems.

There's gonna be a big balance patch when OKW launches, no doubt the ISU and Soviet Mine will be fixed.
9 Jun 2014, 10:47 AM

Permanently Banned

You hotfix bugs, not balance. Hotfixing balance could lead to more problems.

There's gonna be a big balance patch when OKW launches, no doubt the ISU and Soviet Mine will be fixed.

Well if you noticed .... In previous patches hot fixes came by the dozen to fix german units almost immediately. Yet with isu they are taking their own sweet time.

My hunch is Peter wants to bend down to Russians after the great "offensive" campaign and show them that "see we love Russians and as a gift we give you insta win buttons like maxim spam and isu"
9 Jun 2014, 20:42 PM

Well if you noticed .... In previous patches hot fixes came by the dozen to fix german units almost immediately.

And each one broke the unit making it useless, then didn't fix it for weeks or even months.

That's why you don't hotfix balance.
10 Jun 2014, 21:22 PM

Permanently Banned

And each one broke the unit making it useless, then didn't fix it for weeks or even months.

That's why you don't hotfix balance.

Right now ISU makes everything useless. Even elephant can be killed with mark target/il2 bomb strikes.

If you dont have elephant doctrine you might as well surrender when this cheater unit hits the field. Flanking is not an option since every soviet player and his mother surround it with cheapo mines/zis/guards and then all it has to do is reverse away warp speed to lolkill everything.
11 Jun 2014, 15:07 PM

Personally, I think it's lame that this unit only has one realistic counter. As others have said: no one is going to leave this thing unsupported. Therefore, any attack on the ISU will involve fucking legions of AT guns, MGs, etc...at this point in the thread, everyone knows that a supported ISU is invincible. Heck, even an unsupported one is basically invincible. Yes, you can use an Elefant, but that's literally the only counter, and it still needs to involve combined arms. I resent any unit in the game that only has one counter. Every problem should have more than one solution. This is like those stupid console games that force you to take the path they want you to take through the game. It also allows the Soviet player to now dictate the flow of battle. Oh, an ISU ? Great. I have to basically cater to that now, with little hope of being able to focus on any other objective.

Everything else seems ok with this patch...well, the scout car thing is still pretty irritating. Ok...goddamn obnoxious. But the ISU needs fixing, or give Ost some other REALISTIC hope of dealing with it. And please...you guys with the "oh, you just need to flank around with infantry while snipers engage the AT guns, and you bring up mortars to smoke them, while luring them onto mines, then drop arty...." ...just don't.
12 Jun 2014, 15:22 PM

What I'm wondering is how the JagdTiger of the OKW will compare withe the ISU-152, because they seem pretty similar. and yes, the ISU is just impossible to kill without selling your firstborn's soul.
12 Jun 2014, 20:32 PM

The Jagdtiger will probably be more like the Elefant since it's a Heavy Tank Destroyer and not an Assault Gun.
13 Jun 2014, 04:37 AM

ISU-152 shoots 50-kg high explosive shells, it annihilates all that will be on her way, and for this it invented. Do not like it? Replace the ISU-152 on specialized tank hunters ISU-122/SU-100
13 Jun 2014, 04:44 AM

The JagdTiger's 128mmm gun HE is comparable to the IS-2's HE shell.

Both are superior to the elefant's 88mm and inferior to the 152mm.

This IRL relation may be translated in-game.
13 Jun 2014, 05:11 AM
Benefactor 340

Personally, I think it's lame that this unit only has one realistic counter. As others have said: no one is going to leave this thing unsupported. Therefore, any attack on the ISU will involve fucking legions of AT guns, MGs, etc...at this point in the thread, everyone knows that a supported ISU is invincible. Heck, even an unsupported one is basically invincible. Yes, you can use an Elefant, but that's literally the only counter, and it still needs to involve combined arms. I resent any unit in the game that only has one counter. Every problem should have more than one solution. This is like those stupid console games that force you to take the path they want you to take through the game. It also allows the Soviet player to now dictate the flow of battle. Oh, an ISU ? Great. I have to basically cater to that now, with little hope of being able to focus on any other objective.

Everything else seems ok with this patch...well, the scout car thing is still pretty irritating. Ok...goddamn obnoxious. But the ISU needs fixing, or give Ost some other REALISTIC hope of dealing with it. And please...you guys with the "oh, you just need to flank around with infantry while snipers engage the AT guns, and you bring up mortars to smoke them, while luring them onto mines, then drop arty...." ...just don't.

Yeah ISU-152 is a game changer and is almost unbeatable if it is supported by AT guns as it makes it difficult to flank and the howitzer is devastating against infantry, and if something is spotting for it the range and firepower on 1v1 maps becomes overwhelming,

ive posted a game above i played today where the power of the ISU is demonstrated, i did manage to counter 3 ISUs that were supported and win the game but only by the skin of my teeth, for all intensive purposes i probably should have lost
13 Jun 2014, 07:33 AM

The JagdTiger's 128mmm gun HE is comparable to the IS-2's HE shell.

Both are superior to the elefant's 88mm and inferior to the 152mm.

This IRL relation may be translated in-game.

One of the previews described jagdtiger as the most devastating tank in the game,exaggerating?
13 Jun 2014, 08:25 AM

Besides the obvious OP-ness of the ISU. Please for the love of god take off marked target with an ISU doctrine. That is possibly the best combo in the game.
13 Jun 2014, 09:48 AM

Permanently Banned
Besides the obvious OP-ness of the ISU. Please for the love of god take off marked target with an ISU doctrine. That is possibly the best combo in the game.

Ok, but then remove Stuka from Elefant doctrine :S
13 Jun 2014, 10:50 AM

Ok, but then remove Stuka from Elefant doctrine :S

Remove IL2, and then yes, you can remove Stuka. So I can use the Pak43 to counter ISU safely.
13 Jun 2014, 11:07 AM

Remove IL2, and then yes, you can remove Stuka. So I can use the Pak43 to counter ISU safely.

Not like that IL is good for anything then immobilized elephant anyway. And ISU concrete piercing round would have a word with your PaK43.
PAGES (35)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS