Login

russian armor

ISU-152

• This thread is locked
PAGES (35)down
13 Jun 2014, 11:10 AM

Remove IL2, and then yes, you can remove Stuka. So I can use the Pak43 to counter ISU safely.

Keep dreaming. You will still have to confront: 120 mm mortars, sachel charges, incendiary artillery, howitzer barrage, B4, wtf, even ZIS barrage, lol! Pak 43 is ment to be destroyed <444>_<444>
13 Jun 2014, 11:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jun 2014, 11:07 AMKatitof

Not like that IL is good for anything then immobilized elephant anyway. And ISU concrete piercing round would have a word with your PaK43.

If ISU gets pak43 with special ability, then ok, I dont have any problem. But If pak43 gets picked-off by bullshit airstrike, then that pisses me off. Remove IL2 and then you can remove Stuka.

Also Stuka is pretty useless too against non-inmobilized targets as IL2 Airstrike, have a good ear and then you can predict where it will bomb
13 Jun 2014, 12:37 PM

Permanently Banned
Okay, lets sum this up: Remove Stuka and IL2 Bombardement! And fix the arty it's shit atm.
13 Jun 2014, 12:59 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

It is what I see as one of the biggest flaws with this game, the bad commander designs :(
14 Jun 2014, 04:16 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Keep dreaming. You will still have to confront: 120 mm mortars, sachel charges, incendiary artillery, howitzer barrage, B4, wtf, even ZIS barrage, lol! Pak 43 is ment to be destroyed <444>_<444>

No, you steal it and point it back at them.

Make them spend the effort to kill it...
14 Jun 2014, 11:25 AM
Benefactor 340

The ISU will definitely need to be udjusted when Western Front Armies comes out as the ISU would annihilate OKW. It could prevent OKW player from even teaching up, by destroying its base buildings from long distances since it seems OKW need to have forward tech buildings to maintain a useable economy

What do u guys think?

14 Jun 2014, 15:38 PM

The ISU will definitely need to be udjusted when Western Front Armies comes out as the ISU would annihilate OKW. It could prevent OKW player from even teaching up, by destroying its base buildings from long distances since it seems OKW need to have forward tech buildings to maintain a useable economy

What do u guys think?

Then reduce it's range and give it a bigger scatter and AOE to prevent insta-wipes, compensate this by giving it faster rotation. Same would apply to the Ele.

These units shouldn't be ingame, I hope Relic won't release such units in the future.
14 Jun 2014, 16:34 PM

Then reduce it's range and give it a bigger scatter and AOE to prevent insta-wipes, compensate this by giving it faster rotation. Same would apply to the Ele.

These units shouldn't be ingame, I hope Relic won't release such units in the future.

They're about to release the Jagdtiger, or did you forget about that?
14 Jun 2014, 16:42 PM

As others have noted, the biggest issue with these units is their range and ability to spot the enemy coming from extreme distances. 100 range is excessive in a game where most other units are operating in the 40-50 range.

Elefant should be brought down to 80 range maximum and the ISU-152 down to 70 maximum, having such extreme range and extreme damage capability is a recipe for disaster, if you think about it they don't mesh at all with the other units available for either side.
14 Jun 2014, 16:47 PM

Most of the time in 2vs2 team game as German my first question is : Do they have ISU ?

If yes, my mate have to go Elephant. I mean,no shit son, Elephant. We only use Elephant as a measure to counter ISU and most of the time, it's not working really well.

Why ? ISU squad wiped our Vet 3 infantry and shit, elephant move in and shoot , ISU health went down 1/3, ISU pull back a bit, after that 1 minute ISU move in again, squad wipe again.

I MEAN DEAR LORD JESUS THIS THING SQUAD WIPED EVERYTHING.

There was a 2vs2 game that we completely domination the map and all the enemy need to do is call in ISU: Wiped out 3 Grens Vet 3 squad and yeah, they masturbated ath the VP point

Relic, if you come in here and saw this , please change this fucking boring shit. 9/10 game is ISU vs Elephant. I prefer the COH2 where unit fights and get reward, not to get ass wiped by a fucking terminator machine

14 Jun 2014, 17:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jun 2014, 16:47 PMKyle

Relic, if you come in here and saw this , please change this fucking boring shit. 9/10 game is ISU vs Elephant. I prefer the COH2 where unit fights and get reward, not to get ass wiped by a fucking terminator machine

14 Jun 2014, 18:34 PM

+1 to Kyle
14 Jun 2014, 18:57 PM

The guy who designed ISU must have been retarded... or threw a dice for its stats
14 Jun 2014, 20:02 PM

The guy who designed ISU must have been retarded... or threw a dice for its stats

Just payback for those tiger ace months i guess.
15 Jun 2014, 18:27 PM

Yeah ISU-152 is a game changer and is almost unbeatable if it is supported by AT guns as it makes it difficult to flank and the howitzer is devastating against infantry, and if something is spotting for it the range and firepower on 1v1 maps becomes overwhelming,

ive posted a game above i played today where the power of the ISU is demonstrated, i did manage to counter 3 ISUs that were supported and win the game but only by the skin of my teeth, for all intensive purposes i probably should have lost

That is a very rare instance from what I've seen and experienced, particularly in 1v1. I do notice that you mentioned "by the skin of your teeth" which is the key part of the statement.
17 Jun 2014, 02:13 AM
Benefactor 340

That is a very rare instance from what I've seen and experienced, particularly in 1v1. I do notice that you mentioned "by the skin of your teeth" which is the key part of the statement.

You're definitely right about that I was barely able to chip away at him with multiple groups of Panthers it took something unorthodox to get the job done, had he applied more pressure I think he could have had me.
18 Jun 2014, 15:48 PM

Plain imba - pls patch it Relic
21 Jun 2014, 14:32 PM

+1 to Kyle.

I guess I might as share my experiences.

I have used the ISU from the Soviet perspective. I have used the easy win strat. You can sit back and play casually with one hand while drinking a Coca-Cola in the other. It's asinine easy. For example. Just today me and a friend used the super lame sniper spam strategy. Since we were trolling, we ended up with only a 1/3 of the map by mid-game on Semoskiy. So what does my friend do? Gets an ISU-152. Starts instantly wiping squads from across the map. Vet 3 squads, MG crews, you name it.

Don't believe me? I can show you a replay of his ISU shooting through two fucking buildings like some bullshit you'd only see in Hollywood, like The Matrix or curving bullets in Wanted, and still one shot insta-killing a mortar team behind the buildings. At that point I realized how bad I felt for the Ostheer players. I felt like a cheat. Sure, at the time it was trollolol funny. "Hey, mortar behind the house. We need to take it-" *boom* "Out."

Shoots through two buildings. There's no safe place to hide from it as long as SOMETHING has sight for it. It's MG shoots down planes. The problem isn't that its range needs to be addressed or anything like that. Rather, the problem is that it is fundamentally flawed. It causes nearly every other game to be an Elefant vs. ISU fest. Boring. Vet 3 squads that the Ostheer player worked so hard for, and microed well for, and quite frankly deserves are just decimated in one shot, often the first shot, by a unit that takes literally no skill.
21 Jun 2014, 16:10 PM

It's still going on dis conversation? :d
Sheeeet, it's almost as long as the count topic, which I seriously need to visit again.
21 Jun 2014, 16:20 PM

+1 to Kyle.

I guess I might as share my experiences.

I have used the ISU from the Soviet perspective. I have used the easy win strat. You can sit back and play casually with one hand while drinking a Coca-Cola in the other. It's asinine easy. For example. Just today me and a friend used the super lame sniper spam strategy. Since we were trolling, we ended up with only a 1/3 of the map by mid-game on Semoskiy. So what does my friend do? Gets an ISU-152. Starts instantly wiping squads from across the map. Vet 3 squads, MG crews, you name it.

Don't believe me? I can show you a replay of his ISU shooting through two fucking buildings like some bullshit you'd only see in Hollywood, like The Matrix or curving bullets in Wanted, and still one shot insta-killing a mortar team behind the buildings. At that point I realized how bad I felt for the Ostheer players. I felt like a cheat. Sure, at the time it was trollolol funny. "Hey, mortar behind the house. We need to take it-" *boom* "Out."

Shoots through two buildings. There's no safe place to hide from it as long as SOMETHING has sight for it. It's MG shoots down planes. The problem isn't that its range needs to be addressed or anything like that. Rather, the problem is that it is fundamentally flawed. It causes nearly every other game to be an Elefant vs. ISU fest. Boring. Vet 3 squads that the Ostheer player worked so hard for, and microed well for, and quite frankly deserves are just decimated in one shot, often the first shot, by a unit that takes literally no skill.

The shooting through buildings thing are concrete piercing rounds. IIRC its 60 munis for one shot.
PAGES (35)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS