Login

russian armor

ISU-152

• This thread is locked
PAGES (35)down
26 Apr 2014, 05:47 AM

If you're going to buff its health and rear armor, it can't be this good at AT and AI. It feels way too strong in every respect. I think it needs less penetration, a tad less health, but keep more of the rear armor so one flank doesn't mean GG. If it's going to be this good at anti-inf, it should perhaps be more likely to do some kind of critical to tanks that obliterates the crew for a bit rather than wrecking the tank's health (but you could reman or have it automatically remanned after some period, as that's in keeping with what it did to tanks in real life). I think an ISU-152 should fall to a PZIV/Tiger flank given the costs, but right now with a T34 in support, or basically any other AT unit, that's not going to happen with even a modicum of micro, especially if you use mark target.
26 Apr 2014, 05:48 AM
Patrion 310

What is wrong with getting an Elephant? It hard counters it does it not?
26 Apr 2014, 06:17 AM

It hardcounters absolutely everything except elefant... what other unit has only one weakness? It one shots squads as well as it has done before, and wasn't fixed like the IS-2. Everyone is going to rage about it because a supported one cant be moved, and it is uber cost efficient. At least elefant cannot wreck infantry.
26 Apr 2014, 06:20 AM
Patrion 310

It hardcounters absolutely everything except elefant... what other unit has only one weakness?

Have they given it medium like mobility then? Last time I checked its still pretty slow and can be flanked easily.
26 Apr 2014, 06:20 AM

The ISU-152 might as well be considered the soviet version of the Tiger ace.
26 Apr 2014, 06:23 AM
Honorary Member Badge

The ISU-152 might as well be considered the soviet version of the Tiger ace.

shhh the soviets have never had one of those. ;)
26 Apr 2014, 06:31 AM

Before the ISU-152 was really strong AI and AT with the ability to wipe squads pretty consistently with one shot. But one flank with a tank or even a couple of shreks could take it out really quickly. Now I'll look forward to playing around with the new soviet beast ;)
26 Apr 2014, 06:35 AM

Have they given it medium like mobility then? Last time I checked its still pretty slow and can be flanked easily.

No, but an AT gun at each side of it makes it impossible to flank. I have no problem with the ISU, but it is now going to be whined about as much as the elefant.
26 Apr 2014, 08:07 AM

No, but an AT gun at each side of it makes it impossible to flank. I have no problem with the ISU, but it is now going to be whined about as much as the elefant.

then you take out the AT guns with whatever suits you best from the numerous possibilities (sniper, arty, infantry flank) and after that you take on the isu.
26 Apr 2014, 08:09 AM
Honorary Member Badge

then you take out the AT guns with whatever suits you best from the numerous possibilities (sniper, arty, infantry flank) and after that you take on the isu.

I haven't faced the ISU this patch, but from using the ISU myself last patch it's very difficult to take out AT guns with infantry considering each shot is a squad that has to retreat or a squad lost. Panzerwerfers don't do much at max range, and I've killed many panzerwerfers with ground attack when they get closer to barrage.
26 Apr 2014, 08:25 AM

If you're going to buff its health and rear armor, it can't be this good at AT and AI. It feels way too strong in every respect. I think it needs less penetration, a tad less health, but keep more of the rear armor so one flank doesn't mean GG. If it's going to be this good at anti-inf, it should perhaps be more likely to do some kind of critical to tanks that obliterates the crew for a bit rather than wrecking the tank's health (but you could reman or have it automatically remanned after some period, as that's in keeping with what it did to tanks in real life). I think an ISU-152 should fall to a PZIV/Tiger flank given the costs, but right now with a T34 in support, or basically any other AT unit, that's not going to happen with even a modicum of micro, especially if you use mark target.

Replay?
26 Apr 2014, 08:27 AM

I would say it is better than the elephant atm. Not more powerful then the original and the 2nd versions of TA, that guy was way op.. It is kill-able with flanking though.
26 Apr 2014, 08:34 AM

I would say it is better than the elephant atm. Not better then the original and the 2nd versions of TA, that guy was way op.. It is kill-able with flanking though.

2 at / mines at flanks and its a lot harder. Also, it range is sick for squadwipes. I think it almost covered the width of Minsk when it stands in the middle.

I think it is a bit too powerful, but I need some more games to really give a decent opinion.
26 Apr 2014, 08:44 AM

I've had a nailbiter facing against the ISU 152 today. It's a super tough unit to face against, and as long as its partner builds walls of ZiS guns, it's almost unassailable. The only real doctrine that can face it is the Elefant. Any other doctrine is GG. Facing against ISU requires the Elefant to keep it at bay, or Panther dives which are super risky. At range, the ISU puts major dents on Panther armor which makes slow frontal pushes not viable. I'm not sure if the Panzer IV deals enough damage to kill it in time.

Any infantry within vision range simply melts away. Snipers and PGrens don't work very well because they end up getting sniped and they're very costly on manpower. Panzerwerfers can slowly pick away at surrounding defenses, but I've had them one-shotted. Be really careful about is range, because the ISU always seems to have more range than you thought.

Things that kill it:

- Panthers (2), preferably with smoke for clean getaways
- Elefant
- Panzerwerfers

So... TL;DR ISU 152 strong.
26 Apr 2014, 08:52 AM

Umm, finally?
26 Apr 2014, 09:17 AM

just finished playing game against it in 2v2, the isu is too good now.
26 Apr 2014, 09:19 AM

Isu 152 should have a switch between HE rounds and High penetration rounds. And a timer for changing it.

It can't be an ANTI ALL unit.
26 Apr 2014, 09:26 AM

Isu 152 should have a switch between HE rounds and High penetration rounds. And a timer for changing it.

It can't be an ANTI ALL unit.

interesting idea, if it remains like this powerful, that can be a solution.
26 Apr 2014, 09:54 AM

Permanently Banned
Ahhh, let the german fanboy whining begin! German players must understand that they have to adapt and flank now, this was told everyone complaining about last patch balance, so I will tell this now, too :) ;). You can easily destroy the ISU with an elefant... Sovjets will have many problems countering your Elefant.
26 Apr 2014, 10:05 AM

Ahhh, let the german fanboy whining begin! German players must understand that they have to adapt and flank now, this was told everyone complaining about last patch balance, so I will tell this now, too :) ;). You can easily destroy the ISU with an elefant... Sovjets will have many problems countering your Elefant.

lol u are enjoying this

I just destroyed an elephant with my vet 2 isu and mark vehicle and button
PAGES (35)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment