Login

russian armor

Faction comparison by Relic

PAGES (9)down
17 Aug 2015, 20:46 PM

The limited numbers thing for OKW makes no sense as OKW is the most infantry heavy faction in the game (which is why you have to play so aggressive with them) and almost all OKW strategy revolves around out-map controlling your enemy with superior infantry numbers.
17 Aug 2015, 20:54 PM

It's great to hear from the developers what their intent and design goals are for each army. Re-assessing each army with the new expansion is excellent - can't wait to what, if anything, has changed since alpha.
17 Aug 2015, 20:57 PM

you dont need armor to win as usf

pls tell me how to counter enemy armor as usf without m10 or m36
17 Aug 2015, 21:03 PM

You were in the alpha right? :sealed:

Maybe that long awaited OKW change is on the way ....:p

gawd, please no, that was like the worst, most immersion breaking design I have ever seen.

The alpha was there for a reason: To seperate good and bad changes. This was a bad one. Many disliked it.
17 Aug 2015, 21:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Aug 2015, 20:57 PMJawohl?

pls tell me how to counter enemy armor as usf without m10 or m36

Stolen Schrecks and Pak40s.

you dont need armor to win as usf
i more of a 2v2 player. KTs are more popular then 1v1, and if you don't have two Jacksons by the time 1 rolls out you're in trouble. Tigers aren't much easier.

At guns aren't much of a replacement with how quick they go down and any zooks investment is useless.

The suggestion that Relic said they liked best was just removing the ability to salvage the Mad Max kubel wreck.

That wasn't the problem though, the problem was half a dozen Kubels NDA'ing faster than the allies could stop it. I have no idea why they thought removing the fuel cost was a good idea, it wasn't.
17 Aug 2015, 21:05 PM

I can see why OKW could be seen as aggressive army. Kubel + Sturm combo plus you can mass Volks.
17 Aug 2015, 21:09 PM

USF:"Allows for a variety of approaches"
:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

Good joke Relic!:rofl:

some days i'm under the impression that relic is thinking with their heads up their ass. unbelievable...
17 Aug 2015, 21:10 PM

That wasn't the problem though, the problem was half a dozen Kubels NDA'ing faster than the allies could stop it. I have no idea why they thought removing the fuel cost was a good idea, it wasn't.

Having the most basic unit of a faction cost fuel is not a good idea.
17 Aug 2015, 21:12 PM

Combined tactics for usf? Phaha

the idea works great on paper but in-game it sometimes doesn't
17 Aug 2015, 21:13 PM
Patrion 14

It is when said unit was not actually the basic infantry unit (sturmpios were)
17 Aug 2015, 21:24 PM

No it wouldn't have? It would have curbed spam, and it would have made getting one over any other squad an actual decision. You could still scavenge the fuel back.

Because you had no suppression platform to make up for the fact your other basic infantry unit was close combat focused you needed multiple Kubels. Especially if you were going mechanized instead of BG HQ. If you wanted any sort of map control at all you needed multiple ones and had they cost fuel it would set your first tech back a very large amount.

17 Aug 2015, 21:35 PM

The Kubelwagen is hardly the "most basic unit of a faction" especially with the changes they were testing with it. The changes made it too spammable and ridiculous.
17 Aug 2015, 21:36 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Patrion 15

Interesting poster. First time I've seen the UKF shield. Not sure what I think of it. The OKW and USF shields were so epic... they make the UKF shield just look kinda meh.

Surprised me to see that OKW is supposed to be the most aggressive faction. I see OKW as turtle into unstoppable late-game.

They shouldve made the 3 new shields in the same graphical style as the first two,
these still look the best imo.
The 3 new ones look kinda "overweight" to me :p
17 Aug 2015, 21:36 PM

i more of a 2v2 player. KTs are more popular then 1v1, and if you don't have two Jacksons by the time 1 rolls out you're in trouble. Tigers aren't much easier.

At guns aren't much of a replacement with how quick they go down and any zooks investment is useless.

im more of a 2v2 player than a 1v1 player.
17 Aug 2015, 21:39 PM

The Kubelwagen is hardly the "most basic unit of a faction" especially with the changes they were testing with it. The changes made it too spammable and ridiculous.

I'm not saying it wasn't ridiculous but the change wasn't broken outside of the being able to salvage the wrecks. None of the Allied factions had an issue countering the Kubel and the more you invested in kubels the less you had to work with later in the game.

Making them cost fuel would have made Mech starts impossible as you could have no map control.
17 Aug 2015, 21:40 PM

They shouldve made the 3 new shields in the same graphical style as the first two,
these still look the best imo.
The 3 new ones look kinda "overweight" to me :p

appearances can sometimes be deceiving...
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 38
United States 2
Germany 456
United States 11

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L