Login

russian armor

Faction comparison by Relic

PAGES (9)down
17 Aug 2015, 20:01 PM
Senior Editor Badge

http://www.companyofheroes.com/blog/2015/08/17/coh2-faction-comparison

Each faction in Company of Heroes has their own set of unique strengths and weaknesses and a major goal at Relic has been to make sure that these differences in strengths and weaknesses between each faction is well balanced. Some of these major differences is demonstarted in each faction's designed strategy, for example, one faction's strengths may be in it's defensive or offensive capabilities, or for example one faction might have a stronger early game where another faction is stronger in the late game. The faction comparison infographic below highlights these differences and goes over some of the strengths and versatility of each faction.

17 Aug 2015, 20:04 PM

The USF description probably depresses some people.
17 Aug 2015, 20:05 PM

Combined tactics for usf? Phaha
17 Aug 2015, 20:07 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Interesting poster. First time I've seen the UKF shield. Not sure what I think of it. The OKW and USF shields were so epic... they make the UKF shield just look kinda meh.

Surprised me to see that OKW is supposed to be the most aggressive faction. I see OKW as turtle into unstoppable late-game.
17 Aug 2015, 20:08 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Some mod can change the OP title pls?

comparation --> comparison
17 Aug 2015, 20:08 PM

Seems the idea that certain factions perform well in different areas is institutionalised within Relic. That's concerning... :/

Other than that, interesting over view, but I think OKW has a strong late game too, doesn't it?
17 Aug 2015, 20:11 PM
Donator 33

Some descriptions are just...I can't even...

OKW early game advantage? Soviets "rather weak with and against armor units"? USF "very powerful at combined arms tactics"?

:luvDerp:
17 Aug 2015, 20:13 PM
Donator 11

"USF a bit weak in the heavy armor dept"
Whats about the Pershing? :*(

OKW early game? I mean the Kübel but yeah after 2mins it get killed by a M3/M20.. not really an early game advantage imo.

Soviets are also strong in late game imo

but fancy graphic though :luvDerp:
17 Aug 2015, 20:16 PM

usf is strong with combined arms tactics, but no one actually uses combined arms cause players usually only tech 2 officers instead of 3.
17 Aug 2015, 20:16 PM
Patrion 15

OKW clearly early game faction.
17 Aug 2015, 20:17 PM

This Kyle knows his stuff. OKW with an early game advantage and the same size as Ostheer?! ooh, and btw, let me fix that versatility for you: usf/okw -> soviets -> ostheer. This comparison looks fancy but is wrong...
17 Aug 2015, 20:17 PM

USF:"Allows for a variety of approaches"
:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

Good joke Relic!:rofl:
17 Aug 2015, 20:18 PM

Funny they mention okw as aggressive play style, yet they get fortification doctrine with mg bunkers and pak43 while soviets dont even have bunkers
17 Aug 2015, 20:18 PM

Surprised me to see that OKW is supposed to be the most aggressive faction. I see OKW as turtle into unstoppable late-game.

That is the opposite of how OKW is supposed to be played. OKW has the worst defensive options in the game due to lack of a capable MG, no viable emplacements outside of the Pak43, and the fact that you have no area denial outside of the Schwer HQ (which isn't super hard to destroy). Your supposed to use your trucks as spring boards to maintain constant unrelenting assaults that were your enemy down to nothing.

Unit preservation is everything; you cannot afford squad wipes at any period in the game nor can you afford armor losses. Late game power comes from the efficiency offered by 2 extra levels of Vet not invincible tanks.
17 Aug 2015, 20:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Aug 2015, 20:13 PMSwonVIP
"USF a bit weak in the heavy armor dept"
Whats about the Pershing? :*(

OKW early game? I mean the Kübel but yeah after 2mins it get killed by a M3/M20.. not really an early game advantage imo.

Soviets are also strong in late game imo

but fancy graphic though :luvDerp:
Well now they say they are a bit weak in the heavy armor dept. Before they said their heavy armor dept was non-existent, so that actually implies it's going to get better.
17 Aug 2015, 20:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Aug 2015, 20:18 PMy3ivan
Funny they mention okw as aggressive play style, yet they get fortification doctrine with mg bunkers and pak43 while soviets dont even have bunkers

Soviets defensive abilities come from area denial. Cheap mines and plentiful artillery.
17 Aug 2015, 20:22 PM

usf is strong with combined arms tactics, but no one actually uses combined arms cause players usually only tech 2 officers instead of 3.
Yeah, because USF also needs to maintain an armor advantage as well because they rely on numbers. The 50. cal isn't going to help you when panthers start rolling in.
17 Aug 2015, 20:25 PM

I have a feeling that some poor Artist at Relic didnt consult anyone who knows how to play this game when he made this.

OKW early game faction? The fuck?
17 Aug 2015, 20:26 PM

I find it funny that OKW is considered the most aggressive faction, when they get a giant freaking flak gun through tech. In team games, it's usually OKW bases holding the line, not the whermacht.
17 Aug 2015, 20:27 PM

I find it funny that OKW is considered the most aggressive faction, when they get a giant freaking flak gun through tech. In team games, it's usually OKW bases holding the line, not the whermacht.

And it's literally the opposite in 1v1 and 2v2. I assume this info graphic was made by someone who is comparing the factions directly against each other not in the context of all of them lumped together.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment