Login

russian armor

December Update

PAGES (10)down
1 Dec 2015, 20:21 PM
Patrion 14

Glaring issues:

• Panther needed to be locked into an upgrade that costed fuel appropriate enough to stall for USF/SOV/UKF to get their first tank out before it when their resources are 50/50 on the map.

• Comet white phospherous rounds not fixed for having jagdtiger range to fire from.

• JP4 avoiding shots in camo needs to be fixed or the ability should be changed.

Otherwise, I don't see any real glaring issues until I actually play it live now.
1 Dec 2015, 20:26 PM

Honestly I agree, this is easily one of the worst patches to ever grace this game. Mind you I applaud Relic for trying to fix the OKW, but they did it in WAAAAY to short of a time period. They're basically partially redeisgning a faction. It takes Relic on average one year to design a whole new faction, they should give at least half that time when working on remaking a current one.

This is pretty terrible for all parties I feel - except for maybe those who play OKW exclusively, but for even them it might be bad since no one is going to want to play allies. If you like to payed for all factions, you're going to only get 1/5th of your money's worth since OKW will be an absolute machine if my time spent in the balance preview is anything to go by.

It's especially unfortunate that this is released over the holiday season. I was so looking forward to spending time on this game, hoping to be able to get enjoyment out of all armies equally. But now it looks like I'll only be playing OKW (and to a lesser extent Ostheer). USF still has a chance, but the British have been so badly overnerfed that I can't see myself playing them, and I think they'll struggle very terribly. For the Soviets - I think vs Ost is still a fun balanced matchup, but there's definitely going to be some trouble vs OKW since their only non doctrinal medium is still a spectacular piece of shit.

Honestly, I really, REALLY wish Relic would just postpone the patch so they can have a chance to fine tune it - make the OKW good again, don't make the British a total waste (as someone said, all their nerfs were so over the top it's astounding), and work out some of the kinks with the Ost and Soviets. Just take some time when working on a balance patch this big and give the game and community the patch it deserves.
1 Dec 2015, 20:28 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

Maybe it's crazy but Panther would be well placed with stats and cost of Comet

Comet is fine right now, but the panther has excess penetration and armor it is not necessary. That would solve many problems with panther.
1 Dec 2015, 20:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Dec 2015, 20:00 PMQbix

Are you an Allies-only strategist?

Hmmm, I see you don't check player cards frequently.

Feel free to check mine, then decide if what I want is Allied biased or maybe, even team game biased.
1 Dec 2015, 20:40 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Maybe it's crazy but Panther would be well placed with stats and cost of Comet

Comet is fine right now, but the panther has excess penetration and armor it is not necessary. That would solve many problems with panther.

But those two units also have different roles. Panther is a tank hunter geared toward engaging heavier vehicles if they do appear. Comet is a a bigger stronger generalist.
1 Dec 2015, 21:14 PM
Donator 33

Just make OKW tech linear and increase the price of T4 a bit

= problematic units delayed > teching fixed
1 Dec 2015, 21:22 PM

Its suppression is gone.
Its utility changed, it have different role now.
And anyone who want to harass far away resource points with low risk.

Yeah it does seem it will give OKW more capping ability. But unlike Ketten it can't spot mines and will suffer from that. Otherwise I'm looking forward to trying it out, it'll be interesting to use it in a new role!
2 Dec 2015, 00:03 AM

I know OKW had MP float before, but has anyone considered what the MP drain will be like now, with trucks call-ins requiring it and higher price of Volks?

I do think Panther could be locked behind a tech unlock(like 150MP 30 fuel, since it would only be to unlock the tank). Obers could be dropped to 350MP and LMG34 upped to 100munis, same with the Infared Stg44s. Jagdtiger could use a fuel cost increase as the only reason it got a decrease before was due to the resource penalty.
My thoughts on Shreks and Vet 4-5 can be seen in those respective threads.
2 Dec 2015, 00:50 AM
Donator 11

I feel like this patch needs to be delayed to be tested more. I wanna make a post on it but Im not sure on it
2 Dec 2015, 08:46 AM

2 Dec 2015, 09:59 AM

I feel like this patch needs to be delayed to be tested more. I wanna make a post on it but Im not sure on it

I think its gonna be great, adjustments will be made when not. But since Allies have a huge edge in all game modes in current game state I feel great about this patch.
2 Dec 2015, 10:53 AM

Just make OKW tech linear and increase the price of T4 a bit

= problematic units delayed > teching fixed

+1
2 Dec 2015, 11:10 AM

I think its gonna be great, adjustments will be made when not. But since Allies have a huge edge in all game modes in current game state I feel great about this patch.

My friend is a developer himself, and he told me that last day before the update the last thing that he thinks of is users' wishes.
2 Dec 2015, 11:31 AM

Ok, no more penalties, but still unable to boost its income through caches like other factions can do. Personaly, I wasn't a suporter of 100% income and many of the changes were not required in my view, OKW could be balanced through far few adjustments.

Meanwhile, I wouldn't be so afraid about OKW impact on balance atm. Let's see how it goes like this, I am sure that if Relic overdid it, they will adjust through the next patch in january.

OKW feels rather strong right now in the preview patch mode, but let's not forget that some units were nerfed into oblivion like ISG and AA HT, making one seriously wonder if they worth building at all.

Until the changed OKW will not be extensively played in multiplayer, I think we are rushing with conclusions a bit to much.
2 Dec 2015, 13:57 PM

A bid disapointed shreck will be still on volks.
2 Dec 2015, 14:03 PM

A bid disapointed shreck will be still on volks.

and id be disappointed if every time a usf player makes a m20 im forced to quit a game
2 Dec 2015, 14:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Dec 2015, 14:03 PMCafo

and id be disappointed if every time a usf player makes a m20 im forced to quit a game

Then give them 2x PzB AT rifles instead 1 x Pschreck. Same DPS, lover lower penetration, problem solved.
2 Dec 2015, 14:19 PM

Then give them 2x PzB AT rifles instead 1 x Pschreck. Same DPS lover penetration, problem solved.

:megusta: that would be one hell of a dangerous weapon, it should come with new "Hump him Hans!" ability :sibHyena:
2 Dec 2015, 14:30 PM

Well supposedly, "Volks had a higher proportion of submachineguns and light automatic weapons and thus relied more on short-range firepower than in standard German Army infantry units. Automatic weapons like the new "wonder weapon" Sturmgewehr 44 and anti-tank weaponry like the single shot panzerfaust were also used by Volksgrenadier units."

I would be inline for this for historical accuracy.

2 Dec 2015, 15:10 PM

:megusta: that would be one hell of a dangerous weapon, it should come with new "Hump him Hans!" ability :sibHyena:

Nein. He mean penetration that everyone would love (except allies because who care).

On topic. Yes give them 2 PTRS called panzerbushe , it will cost 60 munny , will be literaly 2 PTRS to counter light vehicle.
Also give them an ability to crit temporaly engine damage (at very close range panzerbushe can blablabla and this blablabla will somehow hurt engine so it move 5 second with crippeled engine and then it is selfrepaired to normal.)
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS