Login

russian armor

kubelwagen with capping capability

23 Nov 2015, 20:08 PM

snip

LOL how did you find Austerlitz profile?

On topic, I would rather have the Kubel with suppression than capping power to be honest. I still think OKW will have some trouble in large team games against multiple squads running up and wiping squads, not to mention MG-34 is doctrinal.
23 Nov 2015, 20:15 PM

If AEC will be inteded counter to luchs it needs a lot of buffs. It was designed to counter 222s and it is terrible even at that job.

I honestly don't think the AEC is that bad (aside from setting you back teching wise). I don't see a Luchs ever beating an AEC unless the Brit player seriously micro fails. AEC costs less fuel too as of the V2 Mod so I'm not quite sure what the issue is.
23 Nov 2015, 20:17 PM

L2P

Even the Kübel is target of the fanbois war.

/thread
23 Nov 2015, 20:26 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

LOL how did you find Austerlitz profile?

I have my undercover operatives...
23 Nov 2015, 21:05 PM
Donator 11

I honestly don't think the AEC is that bad (aside from setting you back teching wise). I don't see a Luchs ever beating an AEC unless the Brit player seriously micro fails. AEC costs less fuel too as of the V2 Mod so I'm not quite sure what the issue is.

Its not that luchs will beat AEC, it might but that would need some good flanking. The problem is rather that AEC not only deals no damage to infantry but also has problems to not miss against a light vehicles. That means it isn't good at anything. It is not good against infantry as it cant hit them and has no crush. It is not good against light vehicles as it struggles to hit them and is very easy to kill by anything supporting and it is not good against tanks as it has low penetration. It is the definition of useless unit.
23 Nov 2015, 21:25 PM

Did the kubel get any more survivable vs infantry

Umm, over 100% rear armor buff and 0.5 front armor buff.

Are all these 'kubel is fine' people even played the preview?
Thing is unkillable by inf unless jumped by a squad with at nades and decaps your map in no time.
23 Nov 2015, 21:45 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2015, 21:25 PMKatitof

Umm, over 100% rear armor buff and 0.5 front armor buff.

Are all these 'kubel is fine' people even played the preview?
Thing is unkillable by inf unless jumped by a squad with at nades and decaps your map in no time.

Seriously?

Check my replay with Brad(the guy that should know how to abuse this the most) that I just uploaded a few days ago on the preview.

I had one RE squad almost solo the kubel from the front at the beginning ON THE OPEN SIDE of the map while taking fire the entire time. A WELL microed kubel I might add.

Later I'm pretty sure I killed his kubel the same way I've killed Them for a year and a half now, before the 5 min mark.

It doesn't suppress. It does pitiful damage. All it takes is one inf squad to send it into infinite reverse mode or it has to fall back and repair. Either way, it's not solo capping the whole map unless you let it.
23 Nov 2015, 22:03 PM

You guys should specify the faction and unit you used when you experienced the Kubel in its glory and its armor got buffed to 4.5 front and rear before it was 4 at the front and 2 at the rear
23 Nov 2015, 22:16 PM

Did the kubel get any more survivable vs infantry

Not really

Did it get faster
No

Is it's weapon even a threat to well handled infantry now?
No

So kill it with cheap infantry. One squad of REs basically solos it,forced repairs, or forces it to be microed heavily(aka) not capping freely

+1.

It may have capping, speed and repairability but without suppression, I think allies are going to find it easier to play against. I'd take suppression over capping ability any day.

24 Nov 2015, 00:38 AM

I think capping kubels is cancerous, but that may largely be because I've only tested the changes against AI, and we all know how the expert AI loves to spam cheap units behind your lines and decap your points. Now it feels like fighting against OKW AI is a "defend against the horde of sneaky kubels" game instead of a war.If Relic toned this behavior down, that would be wonderful.

But even in concept, I still don't like the idea of kubels capping. I never liked the kettenkrad, either, but at least the kettenkrad couldnt' attack.
24 Nov 2015, 04:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2015, 15:38 PMKatitof

Spend fuel and dely your tech to counter no fuel and less menpower :snfPeter:

Because after you destoyed the Kubel the counter unit becomes completly useless and destroys itself immediatly. kappa
24 Nov 2015, 05:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2015, 04:00 AMsigah

Because after you destoyed the Kubel the counter unit becomes completly useless and destroys itself immediatly. kappa

Didnt you know, as soon as the Kubel dies the M20 rejoins it's ranks in heaven :D
24 Nov 2015, 05:47 AM

Well... Granted, I haven't played against the new kubel. Buuut it doesnt have cloak and more importantly it does not detect mines! Can't see how it compares to a Ketten really.
24 Nov 2015, 09:01 AM

Have you thought about uploading this to trending, I like it :snfPeter:
24 Nov 2015, 09:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2015, 04:00 AMsigah

Because M3 and UC are soooo part of meta atm.

M20 is excused and decent piece of light armor.

And did I mention that countering kubel gives OKW 5 fuel as a compensation, so you're not only delaying your tech, but speeding up your opponents as well?

Fuel free kubel is cancerous, it could work for Ost, but its completely cancerous for OKW atm, menpower cost can be lower, but it shouldn't be fuel free.
24 Nov 2015, 09:55 AM

Its not that luchs will beat AEC, it might but that would need some good flanking. The problem is rather that AEC not only deals no damage to infantry but also has problems to not miss against a light vehicles. That means it isn't good at anything. It is not good against infantry as it cant hit them and has no crush. It is not good against light vehicles as it struggles to hit them and is very easy to kill by anything supporting and it is not good against tanks as it has low penetration. It is the definition of useless unit.

I think all you eded to wirte in this post was : AC is in same category as M-42
24 Nov 2015, 12:15 PM

Kubels should be 5 fuel. But some of you need to keep in mind, they cannot shoot and cap. They are useless vs infantry in buildings/green cover. And more then 1 won't be useful after 6 minutes.
24 Nov 2015, 12:40 PM

Does Kubel wreck still can be salvaged for 5 fuel?
24 Nov 2015, 12:41 PM
Donator 22

dude this is soooo awesome :D :D

Does Kubel wreck still can be salvaged for 5 fuel?

yes sure
24 Nov 2015, 13:13 PM

Wouldnt placing mines be enough to stop it 1 at fuel, 1 at muni and 1 on your cutoff :) havnt tried it personally though
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★