Login

russian armor

*Relic* OKW balance preview mod v2 feedback

24 Nov 2015, 13:10 PM

Volks that cost more than battle-hardened Grenadiers? And none of the two has a Stiehlhandgrenade? (since yesterday the regular volks nade was removed again!)

What kind of a ww2 game is this?
I know, balance above realism, blah blah... but some stuff is just so obvoiusly wrong that it becomes an immersion-breaker. I really dislike the philosophy Relic has concerning these things. Makes the game loose some of its character and appeal.

At least the regular volks grenade should return. I've had enough of Relics pyromaniac fictional additions (incendiary nade)
24 Nov 2015, 15:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2015, 13:10 PMFluffi
Volks that cost more than battle-hardened Grenadiers? And none of the two has a Stiehlhandgrenade? (since yesterday the regular volks nade was removed again!)

What kind of a ww2 game is this?
I know, balance above realism, blah blah... but some stuff is just so obvoiusly wrong that it becomes an immersion-breaker. I really dislike the philosophy Relic has concerning these things. Makes the game loose some of its character and appeal.

At least the regular volks grenade should return. I've had enough of Relics pyromaniac fictional additions (incendiary nade)

Best not to get your panties tied up in knots over this.

Don't compare the units to anything realistic or else you will drive yourself crazy. The list will drive you completely mad. (How is it the Germans have all the powerful air support? How is it they have ANY air support while the US has little? Same question with regards to artillery. How come they get a Kubel and HT while the US, an army that barely walked anywhere, doesn't even have the ubiquitous jeep? Where are all the US mortars? Every airborne and armored infantry platoon had its own mortar section, and every infantry company had a heavy weapons platoon with 3x60mm mortars. Every Infantry battalion had 6x81mm mortar teams with a Jeep and trailor for each one.)

24 Nov 2015, 15:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2015, 15:06 PMAvNY

Don't compare the units to anything realistic or else you will drive yourself crazy. The list will drive you completely mad. (How is it the Germans have all the powerful air support? How is it they have ANY air support while the US has little? Same question with regards to artillery. How come they get a Kubel and HT while the US, an army that barely walked anywhere, doesn't even have the ubiquitous jeep? Where are all the US mortars? Every airborne and armored infantry platoon had its own mortar section, and every infantry company had a heavy weapons platoon with 3x60mm mortars. Every Infantry battalion had 6x81mm mortar teams with a Jeep and trailor for each one.)

and where is my v2 so i can nuke london while playing versus brits?!?!?:bananadance:

still i would like to see volks reworked, they were mostly given automatic weapons because they require much less skill than bolt action rifles
24 Nov 2015, 15:16 PM

I liked to have the 2 different grenades. With the global cooldown it was justified in my opinion.
24 Nov 2015, 15:53 PM

I kinda know why relic reverted the grenade, it's because you had no way to knew what type of grenade the volks squad was throwing BUT

If we add a colored fuse for the inciendary, and the normal fuse for the frag one we could see what type of grenade is send but that's my one cent :snfPeter:

And one of the two grenade needs to be teched to balance a bit OFC :snfPeter:
24 Nov 2015, 15:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2015, 15:53 PMShanka
I kinda know why relic reverted the grenade, it's because you had no way to knew what type of grenade the volks sqaud war throwing BUT

If we add a colored fuse for the inciendary, and the normal fuse for the frag one we could see what type of grenade is send but that's my one cent :snfPeter:

And one of the two grenade needs to be teched to balance a bit OFC :snfPeter:

+1
24 Nov 2015, 17:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2015, 15:06 PMAvNY

:P I already noticed all the things from your list before & they do indeed bother me a bit from time to time.
But the grenade thing (absence of Stielhandgrenade!) is a really obvious one, even by lesser standards.

I kinda know why relic reverted the grenade, it's because you had no way to knew what type of grenade the volks sqaud war throwing BUT

If we add a colored fuse for the inciendary, and the normal fuse for the frag one we could see what type of grenade is send

very good idea! Though, if they have no time and energy for that, I'd still prefer it if they went with the normal volks grenade instead of the incendiary grenade.

About the grenades not being distinguishable - actually, a player would want to dodge both types anyways, right? Unless in a building, there it could be more relevant, idk... I think the shared cooldown could've sufficed.

Also, did anyone ever really complain about them having 2 nades and about the return of the normal volks grenade? I didn't really notice anything like that. The Volks related complaints were of a differnet, more general nature (and about Panzerschrecks :P). There was no real justification to remove the normal volks nade again. Seems like Relic just did some random stuff, blindly hoping people will like it. Well I don't like it! The change made a bad impression immediately >:(
24 Nov 2015, 18:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2015, 12:39 PMKatitof

With new volks?
OKW needs suppression as much as USF now.
Sure, previously they did, because volks were shit, right not they outperform grens easily at vanila state.

And well, soviets need to live without stock AT infantry, OKW needs to live without stock infantry based suppression platform, you still have AA HT, which you forgot to mention.

AA HT can't stop blobs since the blob only needs to be supported by one at gun and the AT HT strat will be immidiatly shut down, that is why I didn't mention it here, but did so in a previous statement.

As for your statement about USF not needing a suppression platform. This is true, because USF doesn't fight USF. It doesn't need to stop blobs of doom, since it doesn't fight the ones it creates itself, whilst OKW does and now has no suppression platfor apart from AA HT which can be shutdown by a single at gun. Sure it has Schwere Panzer HQ, but that is only situational, anyone can smoke that or simply bypass it and take another route, because there is no other suppression platform on the field when OKW is playing.

24 Nov 2015, 19:09 PM

AA HT can't stop blobs since the blob only needs to be supported by one at gun and the AT HT strat will be immidiatly shut down, that is why I didn't mention it here, but did so in a previous statement.

As for your statement about USF not needing a suppression platform. This is true, because USF doesn't fight USF. It doesn't need to stop blobs of doom, since it doesn't fight the ones it creates itself, whilst OKW does and now has no suppression platfor apart from AA HT which can be shutdown by a single at gun. Sure it has Schwere Panzer HQ, but that is only situational, anyone can smoke that or simply bypass it and take another route, because there is no other suppression platform on the field when OKW is playing.

I remember how volks use to be when they had super vet although this has not been given back to them but now with there better AI I think you will see no reason for suppression as well as them having two grenades to counter themselves from being suppressed very much the same rifles do now. I fear especially team games it will be back to nothing but volks blobs that can counter anything thanks to there vet that can most of the time let them just ignore having to use cover later on and A moving. Not to mention the suppression plat forms allies have with maybe the exception of the vickers do not really do that great against blobs they do not suppress fast enough.
24 Nov 2015, 19:28 PM

and where is my v2 so i can nuke london while playing versus brits?!?!?:bananadance:

still i would like to see volks reworked, they were mostly given automatic weapons because they require much less skill than bolt action rifles

Is that really the case? I don't know. It cuts both ways. Automatic fire allows for "spray and pray" usage but automatic weapons are more complicated, requiring more training in the cleaning and maintenance, and such tactics are harsh on ammunition supplies.

More likely they were given what was available (both weapons and ammunition). If there were a surplus of pistol ammunition it makes more sense to give them mp40s and let the veterans use the rifle ammunition for the K98s and MGs.
24 Nov 2015, 19:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2015, 19:28 PMAvNY

Is that really the case? I don't know. It cuts both ways. Automatic fire allows for "spray and pray" usage but automatic weapons are more complicated, requiring more training in the cleaning and maintenance, and such tactics are harsh on ammunition supplies.

More likely they were given what was available (both weapons and ammunition). If there were a surplus of pistol ammunition it makes more sense to give them mp40s and let the veterans use the rifle ammunition for the K98s and MGs.

I dont know.I dont have any sources but this gets quoted often in (atleast semi realistic) late war movie If reinforcements arrive that they should throw their Bolt Action away and take some Automatic weapons (mp40,44,ppsh). If you play Realism shooter like Red orchestra you get a feeling of how difficult a Bolt Action can be in comparison to automatic weapons.And i dont think the mp40/ppsh is that much more difficult to use and maintain. I imagine shooting is much more harder too, you need to aim pretty well with a bolt action while with automatic you can indeed spray n pray.

Would love if someone with real knowledge could tell us the truth
24 Nov 2015, 19:58 PM

Having played the balance preview mod v1 and v2, I still feel that OKW is too potent and capable of quick miracles in its current form.

stopped reading immediatly after this one..
24 Nov 2015, 20:19 PM

I dont know.I dont have any sources but this gets quoted often in (atleast semi realistic) late war movie If reinforcements arrive that they should throw their Bolt Action away and take some Automatic weapons (mp40,44,ppsh). If you play Realism shooter like Red orchestra you get a feeling of how difficult a Bolt Action can be in comparison to automatic weapons.And i dont think the mp40/ppsh is that much more difficult to use and maintain. I imagine shooting is much more harder too, you need to aim pretty well with a bolt action while with automatic you can indeed spray n pray.

Would love if someone with real knowledge could tell us the truth

I don't have experience firing MP-40's or other WW2 automatic weapons, but I can tell you as an current active-duty soldier that:
1) Automatic fire by personnel wielding assault rifles is rare. It's usually on semi or short bursts unless you're practically point blank.

2) You can definitely pray and spray much more easily with an assault rifle compared to a bolt-action. Additionally, the M4/M16 series use a 5.56 mm round the recoil of which is much easier to handle than the Mauser 7.9 mm. Therefore, while it may take more shots to put someone down, the low recoil makes marksmanship easier overall.

3) As far as maintenance goes, the average M4 can go through thousands of rounds with only minor malfunctions if maintained well. The AK series is of course a beast that can go without cleaning, but for everyone else it's quite easy to learn. During basic training we learned to disassemble, clean, and reassemble our M4's in less than a week. It's a pretty straightforward gas-operated system. I doubt the STG44 would be much different.

Overall, assault rifles are much easier to use and train on compared to bolt action weapons. I hope this answers most, if not all your questions.
24 Nov 2015, 22:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2015, 19:09 PMRocket

I remember how volks use to be when they had super vet although this has not been given back to them but now with there better AI I think you will see no reason for suppression as well as them having two grenades to counter themselves from being suppressed very much the same rifles do now.

The normal stick grenade has been taken away again, the change has been reverted. Yet if the volks blobs return, now absent of the uber vet they once had, they can simply be halted by a 50cal, a suppression platform. On the other hand, OKW needs to stop a blob with what? Oh yes that is right, a blob of its own that helps them from being overrun by riflemen blobs, because they have no suppression platform. This is again promoting blobbing.

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2015, 19:09 PMRocket

I fear especially team games it will be back to nothing but volks blobs that can counter anything thanks to there vet that can most of the time let them just ignore having to use cover later on and A moving. Not to mention the suppression plat forms allies have with maybe the exception of the vickers do not really do that great against blobs they do not suppress fast enough.

But how is this different from the flamer riflemen blobs with bazookas that roam the field in 4v4? It is the same problem, yet when it comes down to OKW it suddenly becomes a bigger problem. You argue for allies being able to do pretty much nothing vs OKW blobs of doom, when OKW itself has to fight nothing but USF blobs of doom in 1v1, without a suppression platform. Game and balance wise, this doesn't make any sense and again will promote blobbing.
24 Nov 2015, 22:10 PM

stopped reading immediatly after this one..

Oke! Bye!
24 Nov 2015, 22:48 PM

I like blobs though
24 Nov 2015, 22:57 PM

The normal stick grenade has been taken away again, the change has been reverted. Yet if the volks blobs return, now absent of the uber vet they once had, they can simply be halted by a 50cal, a suppression platform. On the other hand, OKW needs to stop a blob with what? Oh yes that is right, a blob of its own that helps them from being overrun by riflemen blobs, because they have no suppression platform. This is again promoting blobbing.

a flame grenade will counter a machine gun just as well as a the stick nade.
24 Nov 2015, 23:20 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

a flame grenade will counter a machine gun just as well as a the stick nade.

Probably better than a Model 24 in most cases, if the Model 24 doesn't wipe it or nearly wipe it, the HMG can feel confident it'll survive. Not so when a fire DoT will take out the gunner, nearly guys, and can take out the replacement gunners.
25 Nov 2015, 06:11 AM

I kinda know why relic reverted the grenade, it's because you had no way to knew what type of grenade the volks squad was throwing BUT

I am pretty sure that the sane respond to a grenade being thrown at you is to get the hell out of the way, not stand and try to see what kind of grenade is it.
25 Nov 2015, 06:34 AM

:(The Rear Echelons cost 25 manpower to reinforce now I used their cheaper cost to chase snipers with bars and I didnt spam that I only got 2 squads including the starter WHY RELIC WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY now Im gonna be bleed even more goddammit I blame SPrice (Dw I still love you) and I hate snipers even more now

I hope you read this Relic cause you officially disbanded Super cool anti-sniper task force die snipers die
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 42
South Africa 1
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak