Login

russian armor

*Relic* OKW balance preview mod v2 feedback

19 Nov 2015, 21:12 PM

Having played the balance preview mod v1 and v2, I still feel that OKW is too potent and capable of quick miracles in its current form.

Suggestions to improve current situation and current changes:

1. Luchs comes a bit to quick in my opinion. Something needs to be done here, I think an increase of another 10 fuel and a longer building time can make it come a full minute later.

2. Volks seem very strong now, they have no problems with 1v1-ing Infantry Sections now. A cost increase to 260 (or perhaps 265 if truely needed) would seem reasonable here, since they also get a shrekc and serve as a very well rounded offensive and defensive squad now that they have their improved damage etc. The cost of 250 mp still feels to cheap for their effectiveness.

3. with 100% income, the cost decrease for shrecks doesn't make sense. Increase to old 90 munitions cost and see where it goes from there. I wouldn't mind a cost increase to a 95 munitions either. I could get a shreck out at like the 3 ish minute, which totally counters early vehicle play and harassment since shrecks are way more potent at creeping after an m3 for example. Considering raketten werfer is in t0, there is no need for such a quick shreck. They did that it seems, but my preview mod still has the 85 munitions for shrecks, although I have downloaded it multiple times now just to check it.

4. Volks now have two grenades, one incendiary and one normal fragmentation grenade. This in combination with the shreck package is just overkill to be honest. I suggest removing the normal stielhand grenade when shrecks are upgraded, thus insuring a shreck squad can't use the stick grenade and thus balancing it out further.

5. Kubelwagen doesn't surpress any longer, which is fine with its new role, yet crowd control is now down to the light flack ht vehicle, which can't totally stop blobbing like an mg can. I have thought about putting mg34 in either battle group hq or mechanized, but would like it to be availlable when two trucks are set up. This will prevent the now much stronger OKW faction to have it all in the early stage of the game.

Your thoughts?

19 Nov 2015, 21:25 PM
Patrion 14

They did that it seems, but my preview mod still has the 85 munitions for shrecks, although I have downloaded it multiple times now just to check it.
Cost bulletins?
19 Nov 2015, 21:28 PM

Cost bulletins?

I figure it out, I had to uninstall the previous mod and reinstall the new mod in order to get rid of the old one lol. I could play the v2 with the v1 and v2 installed, but it would give me v1 costs and changes etc..
19 Nov 2015, 21:41 PM
Patrion 14

Hmm i think that okw needs mg34 in hg. Only flack ht vehicle as only anti blob tool its not enough, and in maps with lots of houses it will be a problem...
19 Nov 2015, 21:43 PM

4. Volks now have two grenades, one incendiary and one normal fragmentation grenade. This in combination with the shreck package is just overkill to be honest. I suggest removing the normal stielhand grenade when shrecks are upgraded, thus insuring a shreck squad can't use the stick grenade and thus balancing it out further.

I suppose another idea would be to either include the Incendiary Grenade as part of the Combat Package (Special grenades made sense thematically as part of a "combat package"). Or just follow the common suggestion of moving Incendiaries to Strums. With their newly reduced cost they are even easier to build 2-3 of for anti garrison role.
19 Nov 2015, 21:48 PM

If you increase Mechenized and Luchs cost even more what do you thing is an OKW player able to build a schwerer HQ and a PIV, at the 30 minute mark? :facepalm:
19 Nov 2015, 23:13 PM

If you increase Mechenized and Luchs cost even more what do you thing is an OKW player able to build a schwerer HQ and a PIV, at the 30 minute mark? :facepalm:

Where did I state that mechanized needs to be increased? I said increase luchs for another 10 fuel and slightly increae its building time. You now have situations where you get luchs at 5-6 minute mark and can support it wich shreck or even double shreck if you dont use grenades.
19 Nov 2015, 23:13 PM

I suppose another idea would be to either include the Incendiary Grenade as part of the Combat Package (Special grenades made sense thematically as part of a "combat package"). Or just follow the common suggestion of moving Incendiaries to Strums. With their newly reduced cost they are even easier to build 2-3 of for anti garrison role.

That could work too!
19 Nov 2015, 23:19 PM

19 Nov 2015, 23:33 PM

1. First Stuart needs 115 Fuel to be pushed out, First Luchs needs 120 Fuel. I don't see the problem here.

2. Sections are underpowered right now, see this post. Don't take them as a balance example. 260 mp will have to make Volks even better and let them win every engagement against conscripts, which would destroy OKW/soviet balance.

3. Remove Schrecks give them a 3x Stg44 Upgrade and Panzerfaust :snfPeter:

4.Those two nades share the same cooldown timer, so you can't toss them around in every battle. But I honestly would like to see the flame nade on the Sturmpio.

5. OKW needs HMG34, but delaying it with two trucks set up makes no sense imo. Ostheer,Soviets,Brits can get it as their first unit. USF need only 50 Fuel to unlock theirs. Why should okw spend 100 Fuel to unlock the worst HMG in the game?
19 Nov 2015, 23:55 PM

Volks have two grenades, meanwhile, USF had two bars/zooks/1919s/ UKF same thing.
20 Nov 2015, 00:10 AM

I see a few options to help solve early shrecks for volks either put shreck upgrade behind the med hq only, that way if a player decides to go mech hq they will have to rely on puma and racketenwerfers for AT and help devalue the power of the luchs. Or just require 2 hqs or t4 to be built to unlock the shreck upgrade, which seems a bit more reasonable.

I would like to see a change to the long barrel p4 now that OKW has normal fuel income. At 120 fuel I feel like it was added to help okw if they fell behind too early in the mid-game and couldnt afford to save up for a panther with reduced resource income. Now with the increased resource income I do not see much use for it since a panther or jp4 cost only a little more fuel to build and both are a lot safer investments of fuel than the p4. Perhaps exchanging it out for a short barrel p4, or brumbar that way there is a more clear choice between building a tank thats good anti infantry or building a good AT tank.
20 Nov 2015, 07:47 AM

I see a few options to help solve early shrecks for volks either put shreck upgrade behind the med hq only, that way if a player decides to go mech hq they will have to rely on puma and racketenwerfers for AT and help devalue the power of the luchs. Or just require 2 hqs or t4 to be built to unlock the shreck upgrade, which seems a bit more reasonable.

I would like to see a change to the long barrel p4 now that OKW has normal fuel income. At 120 fuel I feel like it was added to help okw if they fell behind too early in the mid-game and couldnt afford to save up for a panther with reduced resource income. Now with the increased resource income I do not see much use for it since a panther or jp4 cost only a little more fuel to build and both are a lot safer investments of fuel than the p4. Perhaps exchanging it out for a short barrel p4, or brumbar that way there is a more clear choice between building a tank thats good anti infantry or building a good AT tank.

Okw p4 costs 135 fuel.

But I almost never get it, I usually get a jp4 and wait for eventual panther, or sturmtiger if I feel kinky:megusta:
20 Nov 2015, 08:19 AM
Donator 22

4.Those two nades share the same cooldown timer, so you can't toss them around in every battle. But I honestly would like to see the flame nade on the Sturmpio.

not tested yet, but do the infiltration nades share the same cooldown?

I like that you can choose between two grenades, but the flame nade to sturmpios would be also a good idea. That gives them even more a specific role on urban maps/maps with buildings (Close quarter)
20 Nov 2015, 08:22 AM

imo, the big problem with volk nade is that is has the same short throw animation as the incendiary nade. Quite a bit faster than every other grenade.
20 Nov 2015, 08:25 AM

imo, the big problem with volk nade is that is has the same short throw animation as the incendiary nade. Quite a bit faster than every other grenade.

Agreed. Yet I don't want molotov like throw animation, that takes ages. Might as well update molotov throw animation as well while they are at it.
20 Nov 2015, 08:37 AM

What do you mean? All grenades have the same throwing time, unless its a molotov, they are all mirrored afaik.
20 Nov 2015, 09:11 AM

What do you mean? All grenades have the same throwing time, unless its a molotov, they are all mirrored afaik.

I think the point was that the volk incendiary grenade does initial impact damage and incendiary damage afterwards. That is why the short throwing animation is disliked by many, at least I think.
20 Nov 2015, 09:16 AM

I think the point was that the volk incendiary grenade does initial impact damage and incendiary damage afterwards. That is why the short throwing animation is disliked by many, at least I think.

It does the exact same damage as the molotov, after the DOT nerf of flames are not OP or even strong anymore.
20 Nov 2015, 09:19 AM

It does the exact same damage as the molotov, after the DOT nerf of flames are not OP or even strong anymore.

I know, but people still want to factor in the initial explosion damage
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS