Login

russian armor

October Balance Preview

• This thread is locked
PAGES (11)down
10 Oct 2015, 15:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2015, 12:59 PMKatitof
Medium tanks have now more armor then the tank that was known for having thicker frontal armor then Tiger I.
Stop using history arguments only if they suit you. StuG and Panzer IV had the same gun, Panthers were known for knocking out T-34s from 2km away and the ISU could fire once every full moon. Elefants were only "common" during the Kursk operation. This all isn´t in the game.
10 Oct 2015, 15:45 PM

i test by paratroop/w thompson 1-1 Commanndo

Commmando wipe out by Para 5 men left

but thompson Rate of fire 12 sten now 14
acc 0.2/0.43/0.575 compare 0.115/0.273/0.675

i think problem this Burst duration
10 Oct 2015, 15:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2015, 15:41 PMButcher
Stop using history arguments. StuG and Panzer IV had the same gun, Panthers were known for knocking out T-34s from 2km away and the ISU could fire once every full moon. Elefants were only "common" during the Kursk operation. This all isn´t in the game.

How is this relevant when a HEAVY tank has even less armor than a jp4?
10 Oct 2015, 15:55 PM

I cant get why they nerf commandos. 1 commandos squad couldn't wipe inf in seconds, 2 of them could. BUT this unit cost you 500 MP to call in one commander and 900 MP to build first one in second (540+360).

So they nerfed their DPS, mkay its fine, but hell, they are dropping models like crazy, even 1 LMG gren squad could kill 2-4 models on approach.

While their damage is slightly better then shock one, shocktroops still have titanium armor, kill squads rather fast AND can be beaten 1v1 only by Obersoldaten. Cost you 390 MP ... lelic balance.

obers not kill shock every time
10 Oct 2015, 16:03 PM

That's mid range engangment with a squad that costs more and has to pay for an doctrinal upgrade. Why should the commandos win?
It's equal when commandos are close range. Right now even the officer squad win against STG Obers.

I tested super close range too, and obers STG win all the time. Obers should win mid and far range but commandos should win close range.

By the way, to all the axis fanbois plz stop saying u pay 150 mp for the glider, everyone knows and u all knows the glider is useless and there is no option to choose between with glider or not, so u are paying 500 mp not 350

Commando overnerf is very harsh, plz test it in the patch preview mode before just giving comments based on ur assumptions.
10 Oct 2015, 16:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2015, 16:03 PMAladdin

Commando overnerf is very harsh, plz test it in the patch preview mode before just giving comments based on ur assumptions.

Agreed. Their rate of fire was hit a little too hard.

Does anyone have the stats on their moving accuracy?

EDIT: OH! When I captured an HMG using Infantry Sections, the reinforcement cost was 35 - just like their old reinforcement cost. Speaking of which, I'm starting to like their new cost. :)
10 Oct 2015, 16:27 PM

That's mid range engangment with a squad that costs more and has to pay for an doctrinal upgrade. Why should the commandos win?
It's equal when commandos are close range. Right now even the officer squad win against STG Obers.

You should keep in mind that Obersoldaten are long range units. I tried Sturmpios vs Commandos. I put some veterancy on the pios. At vet0 they are inferior in cqb and lose against commandos (had 2 models left, moment of closing not included!). At vet2 they barely won against Commandos (1 model) and at vet5 they completely annihilated the commandos. Now keep in mind that commandos have terrible vet rewards regarding survivability and combat performance.
10 Oct 2015, 16:30 PM

3 RoF bulletins for commandos ftw.

Also, did they nerfed RoF on aa officer as well? Or he unintentionally better then commandos now?
10 Oct 2015, 16:35 PM

Vet 1 = Unlocks light smoke grenade

Vet 2 = +25% accuracy,+25% to grenade range

Vet 3 = Squad drops a grenade on retreat and heals out of combat.

Indeed, it's not very good for their current performance (On this mod).
10 Oct 2015, 16:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2015, 16:30 PMJadame!
3 RoF bulletins for commandos ftw.

Also, did they nerfed RoF on aa officer as well? Or he unintentionally better then commandos now?

ya, I think they over nerfed the Sten MK Vi Silence SMG, which includes both Commandos and the Officer
10 Oct 2015, 16:48 PM
Patrion 15

The handheld flame weapons are still killing all the models in a building at once, the only difference now is that they can take one more burst (4 instead of 3). Flamers should kill models incrementally if you want to give players a more obvious chance to react. It doesn't make sense for the flame weapons to burn down their health and then have all members of the squad burst into flames simultaneously.

Also, I think the centaur was an overnerf, it's so slow and vulnerable as it is, I don't see much point in going for it over a cromwell.
10 Oct 2015, 16:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2015, 16:45 PMAladdin

ya, I think they over nerfed the Sten MK Vi Silence SMG, which includes both Commandos and the Officer

Well, garden, time to spam toommies.

Who needs elite infantry anyway? We have flamethrower rifles.
10 Oct 2015, 17:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2015, 16:03 PMAladdin

By the way, to all the axis fanbois plz stop saying u pay 150 mp for the glider, everyone knows and u all knows the glider is useless and there is no option to choose between with glider or not, so u are paying 500 mp not 350

learn to read, that's exactly what I said before calling anyone a fanboy.

And again, they are not a 500 mp squad. They perform for 350. Just like Falls perform for 380 and not for 440. You simply pay for the glider 150 mp which makes no sense really imo. Sure you can reinforce from that, but the same thing Paratroopers can do for free with beacons.

10 Oct 2015, 17:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2015, 14:40 PMcr4wler
i can't follow this. in coh, reinforcement costs are calculated from the entity prices. inf section costs 280MP because one entity costs 70MP. reinforcement costs for infantry usually is 50% of entity cost, which is 35MP for an IS entity. if you reduce that by 10%, to 40%, you get 28MP. not 31.5MP. 31.5 would be a 5% reduction.

Oh that's what that means, okay I understand it now? By -10% I thought they meant setting it to 10% off the model cost (70 - 10% = 63 ÷ 50% = 31.5) rather than adding 10% to the divided-by number (70 ÷ 60% = 28).
10 Oct 2015, 17:36 PM

well after few games with preview what I felt is

-Tommies become too cheap to reinforce, it is a very OP unit if that map have alot buildings. quite alot new map have this. Tommies + vicker spaming into buildings really shut out Germans in early game, only thing in early game for OKW is flame nade, or OH engineer flamethrower. oringal price is fine or give in middle price 31-32 a model. (vicker vet 2 i always think it is too strong should nerf the vet bonus)

-after flame damage change mortar pit still can't live through 2 flame nade (one of them made through by brace) so i don't see much different. maybe the garrsion units can live longer trough flame.

-Wasp was fine now little OP again with flame damage increase. wasp still need some armor reduction, it is little too fat for german infantry to fight it off in early game, specially for OKW.

-Flak now kill garrsion unit too slow maybe increase the damage to garrsion? centaur seems fine at least don't wipe OKW at gun group in 3 sec now.

-Commando seems little weak now, need rebuff a little prob because burst time was too short as other mentioned.

-Churchills too weak now, before it can stand 6 shots from my Pak43, which is quite OP, now I don't need Pak43 to against it now, just regular AT gun will be fine. 200 armor is way too little, maybe increase to 230-250 and see how good it is. HP change is fine it was soak too much damage for its price. I think HP nerf and price increase and limit 1(or pop increase) should be the correct way to balance it. double Churchills push with some support behind them, i can't hold it off at all even with help of a pak 43 and a KT and two AT guns and 2 HMG and 3 bunkers.

-air raid was very OP and still very strong also all UKF off map support are very useful with huge area of effect, Hold the line, Strafing support, Concentrated Artillery Operation, Artillery Cover, they are all very effective and with little delay almost pin point accuracy. both strafing support pretty much kills all the infantry in the huge area. when can the german offmap support be like this? like OKW Assault Artillery, Howitzer Barrage, Zeroing Artillery, some with good damage but either very long delay or very inaccurate compare to UKF offmaps with similar price. not mention smaller radius.

10 Oct 2015, 18:19 PM

Once again it seems like relic sells a new faction that is OP, only to Nerf it in two months. I never bought brits, just saying this is a pattern. $$$

League of legend do the same thing.
10 Oct 2015, 18:27 PM

New Commandos...

Perfect.
10 Oct 2015, 18:50 PM

New Commandos...

even in vanilla the vampire is already the best counter to commandos.

If the okw is heavily using the vampire, I usually fight them with tommies or give commandos brens.
10 Oct 2015, 18:51 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

In that case, RoF from 24 to 14 = 58% DPS nerf, 58% from 120 = 70 DPS, which means that commandos will deal 50 DPS (120-70), IF squad have all 5 models alive. And what is it? Its a joke, 500 MP squad with 50 DPS, without any bodyarmor. Not to mention that Air superiority got nerfed as well.

That's completely wrong. Unless this is not the file i'm looking for "commando_sten_mk_vi_silenced_smg_mp".

Near DPS now:
5 x 0.675 x (10.075 x 8 / 10.5156) x 5(models) = 129.34 dps

Near DPS post nerf:
5 x 0.675 x (5.425 x 8 / 10.5156) x 5 = 69.65 dps

Skip this, just numbers.

DPS formula

Does anyone have the stats on their moving accuracy?

moving: {
| | | accuracy_multiplier: 0.65f;
| | | burst_multiplier: 0.5f;
| | | cooldown_multiplier: 0.375f;
10 Oct 2015, 18:57 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2015, 15:37 PMAladdin

u better chill and play at least ONE game with Brits first, before giving such constructive comment!

I think my assessment is safe when Cruzzi himself actually acknowledged my believes are the same as his own when having this change in mind :)
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS