Login

russian armor

USF needs

27 Aug 2015, 11:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Aug 2015, 08:12 AMJunaid
USF needs a core spotter unit, especially for spotting enemy armor. No sense in 60 range jacksons if I can't spot for them. And no, the scout car doesn't cut it.

1. This isn't related to the topic.
2. Scout Cars do count.
3. US TD's should have spotting scopes default.
27 Aug 2015, 19:34 PM

Plus you'd mostly have infantry units on the field anyway. You should for sure.

No tanks (either side) should be able to do and cope with anything by themselves.
27 Aug 2015, 20:13 PM

Scout cars dont cut it as an AT spotter. Particularly for jacksons which are designed to kill heavy armor (read: panthers). Can you honestly say its a good investment to spend a 340mp 20 fu to get one extra shot at a panther which may or may not pen?

Btw I'm afraid my first post was a tad incomplete: I meant to say that all other factions have core spotter units (IR HT; snipers). USF is the only one without
27 Aug 2015, 20:24 PM

I would endorse that if relic can implement that in a future patch
28 Aug 2015, 12:23 PM

1. This isn't related to the topic.
2. Scout Cars do count.

How about to show us how you keep your scout car alive in between tanks fight when you can't even deselect your 1 or 2 TDs to not lose them.

2 or 3 replays so we can analyze it with precision.

Actually this is why so many people are asking for a better RM scaling with vet and a pershing. Just because late game you can't really micro everything since everything you are facing can wipe your units in no time.

You can easily let a panther on his own in a middle of a fight for a couple of second while you are redistributing orders to your gren/Pg/Mgs/Pak.
This is not true for USF and here is the big deal.
28 Aug 2015, 12:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Aug 2015, 12:23 PMEsxile

How about to show us how you keep your scout car alive in between tanks fight when you can't even deselect your 1 or 2 TDs to not lose them.

2 or 3 replays so we can analyze it with precision.

Actually this is why so many people are asking for a better RM scaling with vet and a pershing. Just because late game you can't really micro everything since everything you are facing can wipe your units in no time.

You can easily let a panther on his own in a middle of a fight for a couple of second while you are redistributing orders to your gren/Pg/Mgs/Pak.
This is not true for USF and here is the big deal.

Agreed, units are way to fragile. From your basic infantry to your designated Tank Destoyers. I know there is realism in how paper armored the US tank destroyers were, but this is a game and it should be balanced and fun.
28 Aug 2015, 21:01 PM
Donator 11

I agree on everything. Relic, take a note here. People want USF to be playable in team games.
29 Aug 2015, 06:12 AM

I agree on everything. Relic, take a note here. People want USF to be playable in team games.

hopefully those buffs will come sooner then we all think...
29 Aug 2015, 22:30 PM

Why not make jackson have similar stats to other mediums?

make hp 640,
dmg 160
adjust rof
increase pen
keep armor as is
29 Aug 2015, 22:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2015, 22:30 PMJunaid

make hp 640,
dmg 160
adjust rof
increase pen
keep armor as is

lol i h8 rolling the RNG dice when i use the M36 against something bigger than a panzer IV
29 Aug 2015, 22:55 PM

lol i h8 rolling the RNG dice when i use the M36 against something bigger than a panzer IV

He said increase penetration.
29 Aug 2015, 23:59 PM

He said increase penetration.

that wud be nice...if relic listened to us
30 Aug 2015, 09:33 AM

that wud be nice...if relic listened to us

If Relic would listen to everything you have claimed the USF needs, we would have a reenactment of the movie Terminator from 1984 and Multiple T-800 terminators running around and killing everything in their sight.

Relic shouldn't listen to everything, but when it is based upon facts and supported by logic, they should listen.
30 Aug 2015, 10:23 AM

make hp 640,
dmg 160
adjust rof
increase pen
keep armor as is

Problem isn't the Jackson but what you put between it and Axis lines. If you can't hold with your rifle, your Jackson does nothing.
30 Aug 2015, 10:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2015, 10:23 AMEsxile
Problem isn't the Jackson but what you put between it and Axis lines. If you can't hold with your rifle, your Jackson does nothing.

This is why I think the M10 and M36 should have Spotting Scopes by default. They'd only be active when the unit is still, and would simulate a key part of USF TD Doctrine: getting the First Strike.

Relic did a horrible job as simulating the TD Doctrine so now these fearsome tank killers find themselves always on the backfoot, or always at high risk, but never fighting confidently.
30 Aug 2015, 11:00 AM

make hp 640,
dmg 160
adjust rof
increase pen
keep armor as is

I don't know if the Jackson needs 640hp but maybe 560? That seems to work well for the M10. One of the issues with USF lategame is how fragile the Jackson is. Default spotting scope is an interesting idea as well.
30 Aug 2015, 15:33 PM

Hmm...no, no spotting scope. Else it can spot everything else too! (And with pt vehicle it wont give it away)

Focus vision forward? Or Armored vehicle detection on minimap after 10 sec standstill?

Mind you, I LIKE the spotting scope idea, but usually self-spotting TDs don't work out very well (remember elefant maphack?)

Which is why I suggested these alternatives.

Like i said, USF needs a core, non-vehicle spotter unit/ability. all other factions have one. UKF will have snipers too!
30 Aug 2015, 15:50 PM

Nerf jackson turret speed and adding in some kinda of sight ability could be interesting. It could help diversify it a lot more from the m10.
30 Aug 2015, 16:08 PM

USF tanks are *not* the issue.

Shermans are good, jacksons and m10s are great, scotts are good, E8s are good, bulldozers are good as well.

Problem is

1) bad rifle scaling
2) poor performance of weapon upgrades such as BARs due to bad rifle scaling
3) poor performance of zooks in relative to their cost
4) bugged 0.50 cal

Currently the american 0.50 cal has the honor of being bugged in 4 ways and thus being horrible

4.1) bugged reinforce cost not having the 50% reinforce cut like all other MGs
4.2) focus fire set to :true meaning it has ocnsiderably less DPS than all other MGs in the game
4.3) bugged vet 2 which makes the 0.50 cal lose all the buffs all MGs got in the big MG buff patch (this is pretty huge)
4.4) target values set wrong meaning that stuff like pak-40s, JPIV, raketenwerfers, STUG III, stuff that is normally supposed to be very innefective againts infantry will wipe the 0.50 cals weapon team very quickly

5) poor performance of their AT gun to an extent
6) lack of good early game indirect fire. (mortar)

Then theres the significant number of useless units like the M8 greyhound, WC51, M3 HT, recon paradrop but i don't include them here since all factions have a huge number of useless units :snfPeter:

30 Aug 2015, 18:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2015, 16:08 PMBurts
USF tanks are *not* the issue.

Shermans are good, jacksons and m10s are great, scotts are good, E8s are good, bulldozers are good as well.

Problem is

1) bad rifle scaling
2) poor performance of weapon upgrades such as BARs due to bad rifle scaling
3) poor performance of zooks in relative to their cost
4) bugged 0.50 cal

Currently the american 0.50 cal has the honor of being bugged in 4 ways and thus being horrible

4.1) bugged reinforce cost not having the 50% reinforce cut like all other MGs
4.2) focus fire set to :true meaning it has ocnsiderably less DPS than all other MGs in the game
4.3) bugged vet 2 which makes the 0.50 cal lose all the buffs all MGs got in the big MG buff patch (this is pretty huge)
4.4) target values set wrong meaning that stuff like pak-40s, JPIV, raketenwerfers, STUG III, stuff that is normally supposed to be very innefective againts infantry will wipe the 0.50 cals weapon team very quickly

5) poor performance of their AT gun to an extent
6) lack of good early game indirect fire. (mortar)

Then theres the significant number of useless units like the M8 greyhound, WC51, M3 HT, recon paradrop but i don't include them here since all factions have a huge number of useless units :snfPeter:

Don't forget overpriced M20 and niche AA track, and super slow risky to use wambulance. Also useless Major abilities and no anti infantry mines.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★