Login

russian armor

USF needs

31 Aug 2015, 21:15 PM

The Panzer IV only has 40 more armour, it isn't a huge amount. It's Blitz that gives it the survivability, and that needs to be disabled in combat imo.

As for no damage soaking, that's part of the problem. US didn't rely on heavy armour, they relied on superior numbers or first-strike Tank Destroyers. Neither of which is portrayed in-game.

Relic wanted to make USF use Tank Destroyers, without giving them any of the advantages these Tank Destroyers had.

Well I've played numerous games so I have my own opinion on that.
31 Aug 2015, 21:16 PM

Oh I thought they were used for defensive purposes, heard Imperial Dane say something about that once.

My bad!

If Tanks attacked an area of the frontline, Tank Destroyers would be rushed to that area to counter-attack, that's probably what he meant by defensive. They were a more active defense in that role, unlike an AT Gun. But they were used offensively as well, if the Army wanted to attack an area and Tanks were expected to be there, they would send Tank Destroyers in alongside Tanks.
31 Aug 2015, 21:27 PM

If Tanks attacked an area of the frontline, Tank Destroyers would be rushed to that area to counter-attack, that's probably what he meant by defensive. They were a more active defense in that role, unlike an AT Gun. But they were used offensively as well, if the Army wanted to attack an area and Tanks were expected to be there, they would send Tank Destroyers in alongside Tanks.

Thanks for the info! :D
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS