Login

russian armor

USF needs

23 Aug 2015, 16:58 PM

USF is a fun faction to play, if you don't count the times it's design, lack of viable units and horrible veterancy lets you down.

USF needs:

• Riflemen to be less potent early game and more of a force to reckoned with in the mid and late game. Their veterancy is just god awful. They scale worse than Conscripts :foreveralone:

• A mortar. I don't know what Relic was thinking when they designed this faction, but it needs a mortar. It just feels so hopeless without the mortar. I can't even remember how many times I have faced mortars and thought: well I will just counter it with my own mortar..

• An AT gun that can actually reliably penetrate an enemy tank, from the front and the side. How many times I have seen AP rounds just bounce of the side of a Panzer 4 or Panther, there are too many to count. These are it's special rounds, they are just as lackluster as the normal rounds, giving me no reason to even choose them, since none of it rounds penetrate reliably. If they penetrate, great rounds, but more often than not, they just bounce.

• A heavy tank that can actually take damage. All the factions have heavy tanks, tanks that can take a punch and still survive. What does USF have? Paper tanks. I am not asking for a Pershing, Just give us a Sherman Jumbo with the 76 mm gun and a longer reload.

• A tier design that doesn't make me choose between either an AT Gun, or an Mg. Why not have them both in the same tier? It makes no sense to tech both tiers just to get basic units you need in an Army Relic has designed to be "Powerfull at combined arms tactics". How so? It has no mortar, it makes you choose between an Mg or a AT Gun. Again, it makes no sense

• An upgrade that helps with the mp bleed. Something similar to Vcoh supply yard, having stages of upgrades that give you reduced training cost and reduced upkeep cost. Since USF central pillar is infantry and it's abilities, it makes no sense to have them mp bleed so much by just having their core infantry around. Having 4 riflemen squads will get you into trouble.

• Mines. A M20 that can lay down mines, great thinking! But no normal mines, nothing to deny enemies the crossing of roads? You actually have to tech and spend fuel to get mines, which can again be denied to you since the M20 can be destroyed. Why don't REs have mines? USF needs mines.

USF :foreveralone:
23 Aug 2015, 17:11 PM

I agree OP.

And buff bazookas.
23 Aug 2015, 17:21 PM

I agree with everything. I like the idea of a supply yard like in CoH1. USF needs a stock Pershing, though. We have enough Sherman variants.
23 Aug 2015, 17:48 PM

Give them something to counter the bleed like snipers or non-doctrinal mines/mortars.
. Make Rifles worth the cost in some way.
. Make the Weapon racks feel like upgrades not something you cant live without.
. Give REs bolt actions for some long range.
23 Aug 2015, 18:33 PM

Permanently Banned
I dont agree that USF "NEEDS" a heavy tank. Want to play heavies, or feel like you NEEEEED a heavy? Go play a different faction.
23 Aug 2015, 18:55 PM

I dont agree that USF "NEEDS" a heavy tank. Want to play heavies, or feel like you NEEEEED a heavy? Go play a different faction.

That is your feeling, still doesn't justify that USF has no decent heavy tank and the worst at gun in game.
23 Aug 2015, 19:04 PM

wait until the September patch hits and we'll see if any of the other changes to armies from the alpha take effect....
23 Aug 2015, 19:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2015, 17:21 PMF1sh
I agree with everything. I like the idea of a supply yard like in CoH1. USF needs a stock Pershing, though. We have enough Sherman variants.

It would be preferable to make the Sherman scale better. A Heavy Tank won't fix shit, all it'll do is make people want to rush for the Heavy Tank. All you would have done is broken the faction even more.
23 Aug 2015, 19:33 PM

i just did a infographic, making fun of current usf state because it is so shitty , and the more we ask for pershing or anything, more we are called of noobs ( is a l2p issue! #Adapt ):foreveralone:
23 Aug 2015, 19:37 PM

Pershing would just be a Panther, and considering USF needs DPS not Alpha right now I don't really see how the Pershing would solve much.
23 Aug 2015, 19:38 PM

It would be preferable to make the Sherman scale better. A Heavy Tank won't fix shit, all it'll do is make people want to rush for the Heavy Tank. All you would have done is broken the faction even more.

How about an upgrade to get a better gun with higher penetration for the Sherman, but it loses the ability to use HE shells? Not as good as the Easy Eight's gun, though.
23 Aug 2015, 19:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2015, 19:38 PMF1sh
How about an upgrade to get a better gun with higher penetration for the Sherman, but it loses the ability to use HE shells? Not as good as the Easy Eight's gun, though.

I don't think Shermans could be upgraded in the field. Jumbos could, but they were designed for it.

I would prefer +80HP at Vet 2 and again at Vet 3 for a total of 800HP at Vet 3.
23 Aug 2015, 19:46 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

USF L2P Dont need a heavy against their design

23 Aug 2015, 19:59 PM

USF L2P Dont need a heavy against their design

So you do agree with the rest :megusta:
23 Aug 2015, 20:21 PM

What gun dose the EZ8 use? I thought it was a 76mm. If this is the case what would be the difference between a EZ8, and sherman with a 76mm?

Also i like the idea of making all sherman kind of scale into a Jombo Sherman with vet. They get ammor and health with vet.
23 Aug 2015, 20:32 PM

What gun dose the EZ8 use? I thought it was a 76mm. If this is the case what would be the difference between a EZ8, and sherman with a 76mm?

Also i like the idea of making all sherman kind of scale into a Jombo Sherman with vet. They get ammor and health with vet.

The difference between an M4A3(76)W and an M4A3E8 was that the E8 had a different suspension system, namely the HVSS, which is why it's called the E8. Otherwise they're pretty much the same.
23 Aug 2015, 20:39 PM

The difference between an M4A3(76)W and an M4A3E8 was that the E8 had a different suspension system, namely the HVSS, which is why it's called the E8. Otherwise they're pretty much the same.

In real life. In game the Easy Eight is pretty fictionalized, mysteriously having better armour and penetration than all other Medium Tanks (except the OKW P4 which has even better armour now). Yeah in real life the Easy Eight just had a new suspension system, some were 75mm. Most were 76mm not because they were E8's, but because the Army ordered all new Shermans delivered to Europe be 76mm. Relic's Easy Eight seems to be a fictional "Tank Fighter" version of the Sherman, because it can win a slug-fest with any Medium Tank.
23 Aug 2015, 20:58 PM

I'm actually okay with the US not having a heavy tank. I think it makes them unique, so long as they have other options at their disposal that aren't available to other factions.

I said this in another of your threads, but I'd like to see the 57mm AT gun available in the tier 0 building, but an M5 3" AT gun in the captain building.

Not having mines and sandbags really irritates me, too. You'd think USF would be the faction that needed mines the most.
23 Aug 2015, 21:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2015, 20:58 PMKothre
I'm actually okay with the US not having a heavy tank. I think it makes them unique, so long as they have other options at their disposal that aren't available to other factions.

I said this in another of your threads, but I'd like to see the 57mm AT gun available in the tier 0 building, but an M5 3" AT gun in the captain building.

Not having mines and sandbags really irritates me, too. You'd think USF would be the faction that needed mines the most.

Agreed.
23 Aug 2015, 21:42 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

If the AP rounds on 57mm don't give it guaranteed penetration like in CoH1, it should at least cost a lot less than 30 since basically every time you'll be using the weapon at 10+ minutes you'll be using the AP rounds.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 31
Russian Federation 105

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment