Login

russian armor

SU76 - Free Barrage

23 Aug 2015, 08:11 AM

SU-76's fought everything, StuGs, Panzer IVs, Panthers, Tigers. For Panthers it just needed to hit the side or rear to kill it. For Tigers, they have APCR and HEAT rounds to increase their chances of a kill. It was less likely, but at close range (APCR) or a good hit (HEAT) they could break through the armour and knock it out. Difference is in real life they only needed to penetrate the Tiger once for it to not become a threat. In CoH2, they need to do it 9 times, so rushing up to close range is a death sentence.

In CoH2, the only tank that can load other shells, apart from maybe Stug (haven't used that for ages) is the M4. (unless if we count abilities) We can't assume they're firing HEAT and APCR.

And even assuming they did fire HEAT and APCR, as you said yourself, they needed to be at close range or get lucky. This is not representative of the current percentage the SU-76 can penn Panthers, Tigers and KTs at "long" range. It may be able to fight Panthers, but in reality, the chance of pennetration should be lower if the Panthers were frontally facing the SU-76.

And the 9 times does add up really quickly, because by the time Panthers, Tigers and KTs come out, 4 SU-76s can come out. And neither of those 3 one shots SU-76s.

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Aug 2015, 21:37 PMdpfarce
The free barrage has existed for over a year.

One should look first to see what other changes may have made the SU76 OP, if it is op, instead of

nerfing

modifying with their axis/allied biased heart.

Free Barrage was always in the game. I want it in the game too.

If there was anything that made it OP, its buffs to penn to compete with SU-85s and moving it to T3 without changing its legacy stats. Its simply an oversight by relic.

It's not a nerf SU 76 thread.
It's about finding out what ppl think about the free barrage :)

I agree, IMO free barrage should be kept (IMO it should be buffed for accuracy, I don't like seeing gimped abilities for units which should perform it adequately - its bad design), but something does need to be changed about the SU-76.
24 Aug 2015, 09:32 AM

Option: Other change

1) The atak range is too good its currently at 80 it should be lowered to 60 (same as its stantard atak range, and scot has).

2) The barrage should share reload with its stantard atak. Its way too easy to instantly switch between barrage and AT rounds.
24 Aug 2015, 12:16 PM

Option: Other change

1) The atak range is too good its currently at 80 it should be lowered to 60 (same as its stantard atak range, and scot has).

2) The barrage should share reload with its stantard atak. Its way too easy to instantly switch between barrage and AT rounds.

1) The main gun has 60 range and even if the barrage has a range of 80 (which i doubt and dont really know), its so inaccurate thats its not usable anymore.

2) This would effectively remove the unit from the game.
25 Aug 2015, 08:19 AM

For free this barrage is nonsense...

Right now SU76 is more cost-effective than SU85... almost everyone use it in numbers. Against OKW you can just get rid of HQs with this barrage easily.

Im not saying the barrage is OP, but being free for the cheapest TD is too much... its like StuG3 TWP for free on vet0. Or more like a HE round for StuG that change it into a brummbar for free... Who would use P4s?
25 Aug 2015, 11:47 AM

Sup :banana:

!!! I'm talking about 2v2's or up

I play a lot of 2v2 and up. SU76s are not that common.

So, not a problem.

What IS common, however, is the Raketenwerfer barrage. Well....?
25 Aug 2015, 12:21 PM

I play a lot of 2v2 and up. SU76s are not that common.

So, not a problem.

What IS common, however, is the Raketenwerfer barrage. Well....?

Wauw! I didn't know your opinion was the truth!
I apologise for this topic man!
Cause if you play a lot of SU76's and you don't encounter much SU76, this topic is completely useless!

25 Aug 2015, 13:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Aug 2015, 08:19 AMRiCE
For free this barrage is nonsense...

Right now SU76 is more cost-effective than SU85... almost everyone use it in numbers. Against OKW you can just get rid of HQs with this barrage easily.

Im not saying the barrage is OP, but being free for the cheapest TD is too much... its like StuG3 TWP for free on vet0. Or more like a HE round for StuG that change it into a brummbar for free... Who would use P4s?

If SU-76's can barrage your OKW buildings down you've placed them too far forward, that's the trade off. If you base is on your frontline it's going to be knocked down. You should be able to defend it aptly, not rely on the sws to hold your frontline for you.

The barrage is really not that great, to make it accurate you have to go as close as possible to people leaving it vulnerable. TWP is not comparable at all being one of the best Vet1 abilities compared to...Tracking :foreveralone:
Stug has more armour and I believe more damage along with really nasty vet1 ability. They are their own tanks, StuG is 15 fuel and some MP more.
25 Aug 2015, 13:42 PM

Wauw! I didn't know your opinion was the truth!
I apologise for this topic man!
Cause if you play a lot of SU76's and you don't encounter much SU76, this topic is completely useless!

If you cannot tell truth from opinion, then you're excused.

Otherwise you just made a fool of yourself.
25 Aug 2015, 13:43 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

This should cost small amount of munis, like 15.

If it costs muni to sprint it should definitly cost muni to fire an arty barrage that can almost wipe out an entire squad. Very simple.
25 Aug 2015, 13:46 PM

If you cannot tell truth from opinion, then you're excused.

Otherwise you just made a fool of yourself.

27 Aug 2015, 16:11 PM

the FREE barrage aint the problem, the RNG is.. sometimes its wiping whole squads with a single squad, sometimes you will fire into a bunch of units, and nothing is happening. obviously ESL ready
27 Aug 2015, 16:34 PM
Donator 11

the FREE barrage aint the problem, the RNG is.. sometimes its wiping whole squads with a single squad, sometimes you will fire into a bunch of units, and nothing is happening. obviously ESL ready

Perhaps the coming aoe changes will have some impact upon this
27 Aug 2015, 16:38 PM

Barrage weapons work purely on scatter.
Scatter is completely random.

However if you still are in the range of the barrage after first shot landed, you're doing it wrong, area is tiny rof isn't amazing and travel time of shell isn't instant either.

Also, if Dota is esl ready somehow despite it being packed with all the random procs and crit chances.
28 Aug 2015, 15:32 PM

Single SU-76 barrage is not a problem, but when you have few tank destroyers at your disposal and you use it all at once then that's a different story hence proposed small munition cost.
28 Aug 2015, 15:55 PM

An SU-76 cannot barrage and TD at the same time (Raketen/PaK+tank combo). JP4's eat them for breakfast. It is also incredibly susceptible to shreks (best counter).

28 Aug 2015, 20:24 PM

Single SU-76 barrage is not a problem, but when you have few tank destroyers at your disposal and you use it all at once then that's a different story hence proposed small munition cost.

So it's only useful when massed, and you want to nerf people using it massed. Sounds like you just don't want to deal with the barrage, even though it's probably the worst barrage weapon in the game at this time.
28 Aug 2015, 20:55 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

So it's only useful when massed, and you want to nerf people using it massed. Sounds like you just don't want to deal with the barrage, even though it's probably the worst barrage weapon in the game at this time.

I'll say it's fun when you are playing Sheldt 2.0 (Sittard) with an army which is just Su76 and ISU. The barrage never stops, NEVER! :banana:
28 Aug 2015, 21:50 PM

Although it might be the worst barrage in game, I usually bring 3 SU-76s and start a barrage in a line, just like a creeping barrage. Most people just insta-retreat thei blob which is helpfull.

Anyway, I would like to see it changed, either with muni cost plus a buff or change the ability to something like toggle HE/AT, with HE shells having much less range and RoF.
28 Aug 2015, 22:32 PM

2 SU-76s cost more then a priest.
They aren't nearly as effective as Priests barrage.
Priest doesn't have a cost on barrage.
28 Aug 2015, 22:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Aug 2015, 22:32 PMKatitof

2 SU-76s cost more then a priest.
They aren't nearly as effective as Priests barrage.
Priest doesn't have a cost on barrage.

Priest doesn't fire at vehicles, Priest doesn't provide AT Support. I'm all for the SU-76 but this is a terrible comparison.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 52
Korea, Republic Of 17
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak