SU76 - Free Barrage

20 Aug 2015, 23:33 PM

Bestester suggestion than all the poll choose:

Make Brummbar barrage free.
21 Aug 2015, 00:43 AM

Leave Britney alone!

no :megusta:
21 Aug 2015, 02:31 AM

I've said it in many different threads, but here's what I think now.

1. Buff the barrage (esp accuracy)
2. Nerf the pennetration.

I think the SU-76 should be seen as a long range early-midgame unit rather than a early-endgame TD that decrews if massed and kills KTs.

I'd like to see a barrage buff because there's no sense seeing a gimped ability in the game - why have it if the only way to make it work is to spam it?

To compensate, nerf the pennetration so it can't fight Panthers, Tigers and KTs as effectively as it is, so there is some real hard counter to the SU-76.

And no, before anyone says it is, Paks and Raks aren't hard counters to the SU-76, not when you're keeping the SU-76 back as you should and anyone trying to push with an SU-76 deserves to lose it.
21 Aug 2015, 03:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Aug 2015, 02:31 AMhubewa
I've said it in many different threads, but here's what I think now.

1. Buff the barrage (esp accuracy)
2. Nerf the pennetration.

I think the SU-76 should be seen as a long range early-midgame unit rather than a early-endgame TD that decrews if massed and kills KTs.

I'd like to see a barrage buff because there's no sense seeing a gimped ability in the game - why have it if the only way to make it work is to spam it?

To compensate, nerf the pennetration so it can't fight Panthers, Tigers and KTs as effectively as it is, so there is some real hard counter to the SU-76.

And no, before anyone says it is, Paks and Raks aren't hard counters to the SU-76, not when you're keeping the SU-76 back as you should and anyone trying to push with an SU-76 deserves to lose it.

1. if buff barrage it better cost mu maybe cheap one like 10-20mu
2. no the pen is the only reason it is being use right now, it have less damage than AT gun already 120 compare to 160, maybe low the damage to 100 but leave pen alone, i felt it doing little bit too much damage for its price, if pen got nerf, no one will touch SU76 again.
21 Aug 2015, 16:15 PM

Yo Kreatir)

I think it needs changing too. No need for a unit with good AT to have a free barrage.

Dya also think it's weird that the people defending say "it's a useless ability but don't you dare take it!" I think it's more useful than they want to admit.

21 Aug 2015, 16:23 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Should either cost muni (~25 or so) or go to vet 1 imo. Russians have PLENTY of indirect fire already easily accessible and at practically every tier.
21 Aug 2015, 17:20 PM

Yo Kreatir)

I think it needs changing too. No need for a unit with good AT to have a free barrage.

Dya also think it's weird that the people defending say "it's a useless ability but don't you dare take it!" I think it's more useful than they want to admit.

Especially that thanks to no cost you can have 3 barrages attacking one spot at the same time.
21 Aug 2015, 17:22 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Aug 2015, 16:23 PMBudwise
Should either cost muni (~25 or so) or go to vet 1 imo. Russians have PLENTY of indirect fire already easily accessible and at practically every tier.

Yeah man, Molotovs are also OP, gotto increase muni cost
21 Aug 2015, 18:11 PM

i honestly never thought i would ever see a nerf su76 thread
21 Aug 2015, 18:14 PM
Donator 11

Careful dude, he might get butt-hurt and ban you. :romeoPls:

Nonsense, I meant it. Molotovs are OP just like sandbags. Everyone knows this
21 Aug 2015, 18:28 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

i honestly never thought i would ever see a nerf su76 thread

Wait for the Irregulars OP thread.

Nonsense, I meant it. Molotovs are OP just like sandbags. Everyone knows this

Ghostsandbags are OP. And SU sandbags "were OP". Look at how they nerf them.
22 Aug 2015, 00:29 AM

1. if buff barrage it better cost mu maybe cheap one like 10-20mu
2. no the pen is the only reason it is being use right now, it have less damage than AT gun already 120 compare to 160, maybe low the damage to 100 but leave pen alone, i felt it doing little bit too much damage for its price, if pen got nerf, no one will touch SU76 again.

1. Maybe, doesn't really make a difference either way.
2. No, I'd disagree, if it was good in dealing with P4s, then I'd still buy it, esp if I can pump one out in the first 5-10 minutes as it shuts down any P4 play. That and, if barrage was buffed, it would be a lot stronger early-mid game than it is.

I think rather than looking at the SU-76 as a dedicated TD, which it wasn't really fulfilling by 1944, we can look at it as a early-midgame assault gun instead.
22 Aug 2015, 06:05 AM
Donator 11

Wait for the Irregulars OP thread.

Ghostsandbags are OP. And SU sandbags "were OP". Look at how they nerf them.

See, everyone knows this
22 Aug 2015, 09:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Aug 2015, 00:29 AMhubewa
SU-76 wasn't really fulfilling by 1944

Actually, 1944 was the year more than half of SU-76's were produced. They were used as Assault Guns, Artillery, and Tank Destroyers. I suppose giving it the pre-July StuG's stats would be more accurate to its role.
22 Aug 2015, 13:04 PM

Actually, 1944 was the year more than half of SU-76's were produced. They were used as Assault Guns, Artillery, and Tank Destroyers. I suppose giving it the pre-July StuG's stats would be more accurate to its role.

True, but then again SU-76s were mostly fighting against P4s which were far more reliable and easier to repair than Panthers and Tigers (which probably broke down en route because.... Germans ^^) - that and it had a very versatile role on the battlefield.

ATM, the SU-76 is many things but versatile. Barrage needs to be improved and penn needs to be reduced so it can reliably fight anything no heavier than a P4.

And no, before anyone says anything else, SU-76s should not be taking KTs out frontally no matter how many you throw in front of it. It just feels absurd.
22 Aug 2015, 20:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Aug 2015, 13:04 PMhubewa
True, but then again SU-76s were mostly fighting against P4s which were far more reliable and easier to repair than Panthers and Tigers (which probably broke down en route because.... Germans ^^) - that and it had a very versatile role on the battlefield.

SU-76's fought everything, StuGs, Panzer IVs, Panthers, Tigers. For Panthers it just needed to hit the side or rear to kill it. For Tigers, they have APCR and HEAT rounds to increase their chances of a kill. It was less likely, but at close range (APCR) or a good hit (HEAT) they could break through the armour and knock it out. Difference is in real life they only needed to penetrate the Tiger once for it to not become a threat. In CoH2, they need to do it 9 times, so rushing up to close range is a death sentence.
22 Aug 2015, 21:00 PM

It's not a nerf SU 76 thread.
It's about finding out what ppl think about the free barrage :)
22 Aug 2015, 21:37 PM

The free barrage has existed for over a year.

One should look first to see what other changes may have made the SU76 OP, if it is op, instead of

nerfing

modifying with their axis/allied biased heart.
23 Aug 2015, 05:37 AM

The SU-76 just needs a reduction of how many shells it fires per barrage, especially for being a free ability. It should, though, incrementally increase the shells fired with vet to the current amount fired by vet 3.

Something like:

Vet 0/1, 4 shells
Vet 2, 6 shells
Vet 3, 8 shells

Because I think it shoots 8 shells now. Everything else about the barrage functions rather well.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 45
unknown 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment