Login

russian armor

Ostheer Sniper Op, When NERF ?

8 Jul 2015, 11:58 AM

Don't think I've ever seen the snipers described as a "machine gun" at close range (especially the Sov one).

Thanks for the laugh.

I'd actually like it, if the spotter in the the sov sniper unit, acted like a, you know, spotter to some degree. But my personal preference would be to remove the extra man altogether.

Currently, there is no real use for the extra man in a sov sniper team, unless you're in a sniper duel which makes having the extra man too much of an advantage, or you fuck up your micro with it in the first 7 mins of a game, and get caught by a Kubel, low vet volks or unupgraded grens (which I think is sucky, as the high risk/high reward unit should be lost if found in such a predicament, much like the Ost sniper should be lost in the same situation, but rarely is).

I'd like to see both units be rebalanced.

8 Jul 2015, 12:16 PM

Come on guys as someone that has never got any snipers to work what with the need to have healing tacked on to every purchase of them I feel it will be nerfed but lets get real.
The sniper was buffed a patch or two ago back when the mg42 was next to useless as a relic olive branch that I didn't want and now the mg is locking down sectors allies are feeling that this unit is over performing since it was patched to counter blobs that the mg42 couldn't. What really should be screamed from the rooftops is to stop the half baked patches that do a little here and a little there so we keep spinning round and round in circles because lets be honest whats really the matter is your not holding territory because the sniper forces a retreat and the mg keeps you away so your infantry cant cap.
I am terrified that when I get back from holiday there will be another half backed patch that slightly alters the meta and yet again I do poorly because relic only stuck the tip in again.
8 Jul 2015, 13:07 PM

Don't think I've ever seen the snipers described as a "machine gun" at close range (especially the Sov one).

Thanks for the laugh.

I'd actually like it, if the spotter in the the sov sniper unit, acted like a, you know, spotter to some degree. But my personal preference would be to remove the extra man altogether.

Currently, there is no real use for the extra man in a sov sniper team, unless you're in a sniper duel which makes having the extra man too much of an advantage, or you fuck up your micro with it in the first 7 mins of a game, and get caught by a Kubel, low vet volks or unupgraded grens (which I think is sucky, as the high risk/high reward unit should be lost if found in such a predicament, much like the Ost sniper should be lost in the same situation, but rarely is).

I'd like to see both units be rebalanced.

One option I've seen thrown around would be to reduce the soviet sniper team to one man, increase the health of the sniper model to 80 or 82 (if that is considered balanced for the Ost sniper,) and make the soviet spotter a squad upgrade that adds an extra model and increases sight range at the cost of 90mu or 180mp.
8 Jul 2015, 21:10 PM

Sniper + CAS

Replay

It is not like I didn't try to flank his sniper...

11 Jul 2015, 02:08 AM

What if the Snipers RoF changed when fighting against a certain faction?
For example, in 1v1 when Wehrmacht is fighting USF, Sniper has a RoF decrease of *insert here* but against Soviets it stays the same.
In 2v2 and up if the factions are the same (i.e. Both OKW or USF) the Soviet sniper gets a RoF increase whilst the Wehrmacht gets a decrease in RoF respectively. (Such a thing of only USF in 3v3 and 4v4 I have yet to see)
Nothing fancy but it will help with USF and OKW.
Soviet sniper can inflict greater losses on OKW while Wehrmacht doesn't inflict horrendous losses on USF.
However! I do agree that the Wehrmacht sniper needs a recieved accuracy increase but keep the 82 hp. RNG should not win games but help instead.
11 Jul 2015, 02:26 AM

Osteer sniper is fine atm from what I experience, when i play USSR, my guard 1 shot osteer sniper like 4 times in the pass 2 days, one is happened twice in a same game. the problem is USF don't have any indirect fire to scratch the sniper a bit, once the sniper got hurt a bit, it is very risky for osteer player to let sniper stay in engagement, because it could get 1 shoted next shot. also there is some maps is very small it is very hard to flank or chase the retreating sniper. in the same time i do feel USSR sniper team need a safety net like Osteer sniper, but something different like both model can't be killed in same time, so it will avoid luck mortar wipe.
11 Jul 2015, 03:39 AM

One option I've seen thrown around would be to reduce the soviet sniper team to one man, increase the health of the sniper model to 80 or 82 (if that is considered balanced for the Ost sniper,) and make the soviet spotter a squad upgrade that adds an extra model and increases sight range at the cost of 90mu or 180mp.

I'm against this because I don't want to see the 'Sniper Warz' from CoH1 return, ever.
11 Jul 2015, 03:49 AM
Donator 11

Why take on a sniper at long-medium range with one squad quentin? Sounds like someone is mad because the snipers are actually working like they should be. Now I will say they need a slight nerf when it comes to cloaking. I think it should cloak only in cover.
12 Jul 2015, 10:40 AM
Donator 11

Gotta nerf that sniping motherfucker coz he survives a katy rocket shot straight into kisser
12 Jul 2015, 13:07 PM

Sniper isnt fine in high play level. Agains players like jove , jesulin , quentin and many others you cant even kill his sniper dou player micro , grens that are always near him , INCENDIARY ROUND that stun and sometimes even wipe squad that manage to flank sniper and he doesnt cost any mp except buying

Im talking from USA perspective
12 Jul 2015, 13:39 PM
Donator 33

Sniper isnt fine in high play level. Agains players like jove , jesulin , quentin and many others you cant even kill his sniper dou player micro

You can't kill snipers vs decent opponents. Mines/infantry > light vehicles, Snipers > infantry.

Better remove them from the game :foreveralone:

OR make all snipers 1-man squads with 82HP and very high received accuracy to minimize RNG but maximize damage from direct assaults. And make them camo only in cover.
12 Jul 2015, 14:31 PM

Gotta nerf that sniping motherfucker coz he survives a katy rocket shot straight into kisser

First time you said something reasonable.

SU and Ost are ok against snipers, but USF is in grave situation....
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★