Login

russian armor

CAS Axis cmrd is by far the best cmdr for team games (3vs3+)

7 Jul 2015, 16:09 PM

Not an allies CAS, not more powerful options but more fun options so allies don't have to make the same build to win.

Allies side should be improved enough so part of the Axis players would want to play them.

It's good for the game, It's good for the player base, everyone win.

Are you thinking in 1 vs 1 perspective ? because there is game mostly balanced.

If no then dont think anything extra of your "changes"

7 Jul 2015, 16:32 PM

I think the devs can manage something cool for everyone 1vs1 included, i trust them.

3vs3+ and custom are the most popular way to play the game.

So It will happen, it need to happen for this game to have a future. We must think to everyone not just 1vs1.
7 Jul 2015, 16:33 PM

The biggest problem with 3v3 and 4v4 right now by far is the shitty maps.
7 Jul 2015, 19:44 PM

The biggest problem with 3v3 and 4v4 right now by far is the shitty maps.

7 Jul 2015, 20:21 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

You should take some times cause you are writting as if you were a victim and all the forum is plagued by allies fanboys (you admitted that you are biased but don't drop that on the rest)

Answers on red.

"You as comunity" ruined OKW and now you think it's "bad designed" while in alpha, beta, and at the beginning of WFA were simply loving the faction, nothing about "bad design" said then. It became "bad designed" only after fanboys tears destroyed it. The soviet nerfs you mentioned were blatantly needed since longtime ago, long before they were asked. And they only ocured because the same fanboys, bored to death to play only one faction, tried a little axis factions too, and they didn't win anymore. And they like to win. The "against OKW" offensive stopped because the faction is simply wrecked (LOL "balanced" LOL) but now, what do you know, Ostheer starts to be what it's supposed to be. The mg42 change (needed for such a long time) just came and we already have 1-2 threads in which nerfing is required in order to make it shit as it was before. The stug was recenlty changed back into what it supposed to be, a TD, and now we have a TWP thread.

I remember people complaining in alpha/beta of OKW design cause it only purpose was to go for the cutoff and deny resources instead of trying to obtain them for yourselves. Also the faction didn't work on most maps on which you couldn't connect your resources.
Unit tech location on certain units was also a mess.
1 week prior to release they made a complete revamp.

Problem with OKW: it remains hard to use on 1v1, sees it's potential on 2v2 and broken on bigger modes. OKW had too many broken things, or can you defend Obers with retreat bonus modifiers or Kubeljesus first itineration.

MG42 performance is fine. Problem with cover or cost adjustment is needed if you compare it to the performance of others MGs.

TWP: if you were not "abusing" it before, that's your problem. It's not the same a static platform rather than a mobile one. It's not the same 110 x 2, than 170 x 2 penetration. It's not the same been able to survive 3 shots or 4.

What I believe is that are quite a few who want balance but fanboys are many, much more than you want to imply. Top players want balance and they are applauded when they speak for allied and treated with "Oh, I didn't expect this from you, you are a top player, how can you say such a stupid thing?" when they are speaking in axis' favor.

People jump on the comments whenever they suit their agenda. Nothing more, nothing less.

I am playing enough soviets and USF to know what a rifle spam with smoke grenades / early AA can do, what 120 spam, katiushas or 85s can do. And I like playing Allied factions too, I don't believe to be easier to play as some are saying. But the quantity of allied bias in forums is simply disgusting. That is what I said.

120mm is bad after the nerf. German mortar has better profile and has double RoF
85s are they have always been but now you have better tools to deal with them. I'll take several 85s rather than double Tiger/IS2/ISU anyday.
Theres a difference between easier to play and been better. OKW pre nerf was ez mode on +2v2 on the same way USF 1v1 against OH.
1v1 and 2v2 factions are similar to play at all degrees of skill with little variations according to meta/balance. The problem since day 0 will remain on 3v3-4v4 modes. So they are right to say it's easier to play them as micro tax, resources, map, presence and reinforce, mistake punishement, quality and number of players play on their favour.

7 Jul 2015, 21:02 PM
Donator 33

The best way to balance CAS is to tweak its conversion.

Replace it with the "Munition Blitz" ability of the unreleased "Urban Assault" commander.

Get instant ammo but reduce your MP income. That would prevent spamming it.
8 Jul 2015, 04:59 AM

The best way to balance CAS is to tweak its conversion.

Replace it with the "Munition Blitz" ability of the unreleased "Urban Assault" commander.

Get instant ammo but reduce your MP income. That would prevent spamming it.
8 Jul 2015, 07:30 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

I-win buttons just suck, period. They're not "epic." They just sap the fun out of the game.
8 Jul 2015, 08:29 AM
Benefactor 115

you all know who was responsible for CAS :snfPeter:
8 Jul 2015, 08:50 AM

Ok I have 2 Ideas for fixing CAS. One Easy one Hard.

Easy idea: just change out the ammo conversion with the ammo drop from the other commander. This way they have to us some manpower(Ost main weakness), and have to have an ammo point for the full effect. Again this dose no not make the commander unviable, but dose punish the player for spamming the ability, and give the other play an opening.

Hard Idea: this idea i came up with as a way to make AA viable. What you need to do is give AA platforms (M3/sovs, Ostwin/Ost, AA-halftrack for both OKW/USF) a set up ability like the american AA-halftrack, but make it so enemy cant call in airstrikes in that area(good size), while the aa gun is set up. Now i am not talking recon runs, the aa can just shoot at them as normally and recon is not something that should be gotten rid of. Sutcka dive bombs, all staffs, p-47s, and any other airstrike on the other hand should no be sent in. This would achieve 3 things.

1. allows all air strikes to be powerful call ins. i mean if this michanice was implemented i don't see any reason for all air strikes to as good as the old il-2. I would say it would add depth to the game with each side trying to get the other aa down so they could call in the Air Cav.

2. would give all implacement like pak-43, and artillery a place in the meta for at least 2v2+. With the AA covering them, they wouldn't have to free stuka dive bombs. (which is one of the main reason for arty not being viable)

3 it would give aa unit an important role in the game. And, like i said it would had a whole new layer of depth to the game.
8 Jul 2015, 12:30 PM

If tigers and supply trucks weren't nerfed into the ground I doubt we would see this commander, all these big sweeping meta changes seem to just piss people off and it doesn't help when there isn't a cohesive view of the future.
Also if the mg42 still didn't suppress worth a damn would there be an issue with cas?
8 Jul 2015, 20:26 PM
Donator 11

Ok I have 2 Ideas for fixing CAS. One Easy one Hard.

Easy idea: just change out the ammo conversion with the ammo drop from the other commander. This way they have to us some manpower(Ost main weakness), and have to have an ammo point for the full effect. Again this dose no not make the commander unviable, but dose punish the player for spamming the ability, and give the other play an opening.

Hard Idea: this idea i came up with as a way to make AA viable. What you need to do is give AA platforms (M3/sovs, Ostwin/Ost, AA-halftrack for both OKW/USF) a set up ability like the american AA-halftrack, but make it so enemy cant call in airstrikes in that area(good size), while the aa gun is set up. Now i am not talking recon runs, the aa can just shoot at them as normally and recon is not something that should be gotten rid of. Sutcka dive bombs, all staffs, p-47s, and any other airstrike on the other hand should no be sent in. This would achieve 3 things.

1. allows all air strikes to be powerful call ins. i mean if this michanice was implemented i don't see any reason for all air strikes to as good as the old il-2. I would say it would add depth to the game with each side trying to get the other aa down so they could call in the Air Cav.

2. would give all implacement like pak-43, and artillery a place in the meta for at least 2v2+. With the AA covering them, they wouldn't have to free stuka dive bombs. (which is one of the main reason for arty not being viable)

3 it would give aa unit an important role in the game. And, like i said it would had a whole new layer of depth to the game.

Quick & Easy Fixes:
- Stuka diving bomb should be dropped by an airplane
- Dedicated AA platforms like the USSR or USF AA halftracks should be able to shoot down airplanes instantaneously (if two are fielded cuz it might get overpowered)
11 Jul 2015, 01:57 AM

Quick & Easy Fixes:
- Stuka diving bomb should be dropped by an airplane
- Dedicated AA platforms like the USSR or USF AA halftracks should be able to shoot down airplanes instantaneously (if two are fielded cuz it might get overpowered)

Or a better,more simple idea...nerf the damage on the anti-tank strafe and the area of effect on the instant pin strafe as they both are ridiculously strong
11 Jul 2015, 02:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2015, 03:45 AMSierra

Looks to me like a Penal and Guards blob that got what it rightly deserved.

+1
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight