Login

russian armor

CAS Axis cmrd is by far the best cmdr for team games (3vs3+)

5 Jul 2015, 19:53 PM

CAS Axis Cmrd is by far the best cmrd for team games (3vs3 or 4vs4)

It's make winning as axis a piece of cake.

Nothing can really counter it and it can help anywhere on the battle field.

Double shreck pzgrenadiers rulez + mg42 grenadiers with rifle nades will make capturing any ground easy.

You have enough munition to make all the bunkers you want

You have all the munition you need to place dirty minefields at critical place.

You can have evenly have some tanks : 2 Pz4 + 1 Ostwind for support.

You don't need to have the best teammates to win.

You don't need to make compromises to have any of the stuff above.

By far the best cmdr for team play. Great synergy, great efficiency, great fun bombing allies tank to dust or strafing infantry before nading them to hell.

Allies need a winner like that to even the playing field. (Plz Relic)

Plz can you tell me what you do as allies to win vs them ? (3vs3+)

I will take all ideas.

Thank you in advance.
5 Jul 2015, 19:57 PM

you can only hope that at least 1 of the enemy players f*cks up.
And every ally should have an M5/AA Hf.
5 Jul 2015, 19:57 PM

Permanently Banned
mfw when I realize what "cmrd" is

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jul 2015, 19:57 PMmrako
every ally should have an M5/AA Hf.

/thread
5 Jul 2015, 19:59 PM

Allies dont need an equally overpowered counterpart, CAS just needs to be nerfed.
5 Jul 2015, 20:19 PM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

Allies dont need an equally overpowered counterpart, CAS just needs to be nerfed.

Preach on brother!
5 Jul 2015, 20:19 PM

CAS is strong and to some extent overpowered (AT strafe) but it does have some weaknesses, mainly the crippling fuel drain leaving you with very little armour.

My best suggestion is play 10-15 games yourself as Ost in 4v4 and see how you handle it, get a feel for its strengths and weaknesses and see how other players deal with it.

I'm guessing you havem't tried it because you said "You don't need to sacrifice anything the get the benefits" but you really have to sacrifice a lot of fuel to get the most of the doctrine.

"Allies need a winner like that to even the playing field. (Plz Relic)"
Guards Motor. Try it. I'm sure you'll like it :thumb:
5 Jul 2015, 20:21 PM

Had been discussed by 1000th times.

It will be changed.

/thread
5 Jul 2015, 20:27 PM

Ironically CAS is better in 2's I find because the maps are a lot smaller so the strafes hit the field essentially instantly.

But yeah it's been discussed a billion times; change the conversion to a passive instead an active.

5 Jul 2015, 20:47 PM

Aaaand /thread.
5 Jul 2015, 20:56 PM

6 Jul 2015, 01:33 AM

I was legit shook when CAS didn't get nerfed last patch.

Big team games means bigger maps so the strafes are "slightly" easier to dodge in theory, but in practice you're close to edges a lot of the time, and the larger the team mode the more shit going on you have to pay attention to. It's an extra micro-tax that is just unbearable, especially if you're playing USF where the strafe will instakill any vehicle you can make.
6 Jul 2015, 02:51 AM

Ironically CAS is better in 2's I find because the maps are a lot smaller so the strafes hit the field essentially instantly.

But yeah it's been discussed a billion times; change the conversion to a passive instead an active.

The fuel to munition is gives way too much fuel, especially on a larger map. Also, being near the edge of a large map is worse than being on a small map.

On maps like Lienne, with the fuel to ammo conversion you can hit almost 200 ammo per minute, enough to keep all of your strafes on cooldown.

Assuming the image loads, you'll see seven squads that had been suppressed by one strafe. One of the squads was outside the boundaries of the red smoke but it suppressed anyway.

6 Jul 2015, 03:38 AM

i never expected one of the premises for a nerf CAS argument to be:

You have enough munition to make all the bunkers you want.

the stuka AI strafe is near as makes no difference as good as when this was a thing:
6 Jul 2015, 03:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2015, 02:51 AMGrumpy

The fuel to munition is gives way too much fuel, especially on a larger map. Also, being near the edge of a large map is worse than being on a small map.

On maps like Lienne, with the fuel to ammo conversion you can hit almost 200 ammo per minute, enough to keep all of your strafes on cooldown.

Assuming the image loads, you'll see seven squads that had been suppressed by one strafe. One of the squads was outside the boundaries of the red smoke but it suppressed anyway.

Looks to me like a Penal and Guards blob that got what it rightly deserved.
6 Jul 2015, 05:07 AM

Permanently Banned
Hmmmmm, I do think that the AT strafe, along with stuka CAS does too much damage and should really be dialed back by like 15% less damage. In fact, the sturmovik and ju87 should be essentially mirrored abilities. I know this raises a few flags about asymmetrical balance and what not, but cmon, don't you think it would be fine in the case of these 2 abilities? Essentially raise sturmovik damage and nerf stuka cas and have them meet in the middle. As for the pin plane, how about reducing the suppression so it only suppresses instead of pins.

Sounds good? I feel that turning muni conversion into passive seems rather forced and a last resort. I am just curious to see if what I am suggesting would be enough of a nerf to fix the issues while at the same time preventing CAS from just turning into another obscure gimmick commander like ostruppen or soviet industry.
6 Jul 2015, 05:36 AM

Permanently Banned
Hmmmmm, I do think that the AT strafe, along with stuka CAS does too much damage and should really be dialed back by like 15% less damage. In fact, the sturmovik and ju87 should be essentially mirrored abilities.

6 Jul 2015, 05:55 AM

Permanently Banned

Ratchet why do you ignore such key details of posts. You surely can't be that dense, or you just read the first 3 words and then autofire back with a reply. Even if it doesn't make sense.

Stuka CAS is OP, sturmovik is UP. I suggested a nerf for Stuka CAS, and a buff for the sturmovik, how can you not understand that? I can't give a more clear explanation.
6 Jul 2015, 06:04 AM

CAS Axis Cmrd is by far the best cmrd for team games (3vs3 or 4vs4)

It's make winning as axis a piece of cake.

Nothing can really counter it and it can help anywhere on the battle field.

Double shreck pzgrenadiers rulez + mg42 grenadiers with rifle nades will make capturing any ground easy.

You have enough munition to make all the bunkers you want

You have all the munition you need to place dirty minefields at critical place.

You can have evenly have some tanks : 2 Pz4 + 1 Ostwind for support.

You don't need to have the best teammates to win.

You don't need to make compromises to have any of the stuff above.

By far the best cmdr for team play. Great synergy, great efficiency, great fun bombing allies tank to dust or strafing infantry before nading them to hell.

Allies need a winner like that to even the playing field. (Plz Relic)

Plz can you tell me what you do as allies to win vs them ? (3vs3+)

I will take all ideas.

Thank you in advance.

As CAS You will have all the munition you want, you can mine, build bunkers, build alot of infantry and equip them properly, air off-maps, all the tanks you want... oh wait.

On a more serious note. Counters:

1. build tanks;
2. build 120s /artilery / katiushas, whatever ballistic weapon you want;
3. plant mines and/or demo charges;
4. build AA;
5. any 2 points from above used together.

As long as allied have their cheesee strategies, CAS should exist too. Now you can / thread

P.S. I am just curious, did you ever use CAS? Like, even once?

Edit: I can bet all my money that after CAS will be nerfed - and it will - the next targeted ostheer commander will be assault support. That strafing run has staying power it does not take 2 seconds like in CAS case and the allied blobbers will be so unhappy.
6 Jul 2015, 08:11 AM

As CAS You will have all the munition you want, you can mine, build bunkers, build alot of infantry and equip them properly, air off-maps, all the tanks you want... oh wait.

On a more serious note. Counters:

1. build tanks;
2. build 120s /artilery / katiushas, whatever ballistic weapon you want;
3. plant mines and/or demo charges;
4. build AA;
5. any 2 points from above used together.

As long as allied have their cheesee strategies, CAS should exist too. Now you can / thread

P.S. I am just curious, did you ever use CAS? Like, even once?

Edit: I can bet all my money that after CAS will be nerfed - and it will - the next targeted ostheer commander will be assault support. That strafing run has staying power it does not take 2 seconds like in CAS case and the allied blobbers will be so unhappy.

JohnnyB best advice: pick counter-attack doctrine, you'll see it counters perfectly CAS and don't forget to build tanks!! (what an obvious advice).
Hey Johnny, by the way, did you know you can not convert your fuel and get tanks as well with CAS?
6 Jul 2015, 08:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2015, 08:11 AMEsxile

JohnnyB best advice: pick counter-attack doctrine, you'll see it counters perfectly CAS and don't forget to build tanks!! (what an obvious advice).
Hey Johnny, by the way, did you know you can not convert your fuel and get tanks as well with CAS?

Yes, and you will fail. You abuse of conversion and are efficient, or you try to make everything and fail. That is the way it works. Not that you would know it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 35
unknown 34
unknown 17
Germany 883

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %