new patch impression

PAGES (9)down
24 Jun 2015, 17:21 PM
Donator 22

SU-76 can lose vs ostwind

If your player name is pussyking for sure :foreveralone:
24 Jun 2015, 17:24 PM
Patrion 14

MGs seem to suppress in the first burst 90% of the time. well placed mg42s completely shuts down infantry heavy builds such as con spam, and in the case of the USF, every build since all they can do is make rifles.

Sounds nice so you finally have to out flank to win.
24 Jun 2015, 17:27 PM

Someone saw new decals, bulletins, skins, victory strikes or something?
24 Jun 2015, 17:45 PM

The Stug E is 33% more survivable against AT guns and 50% more survivable against Jacksons. It can also no longer be snared by an AT nade while at full health unlike the T70/P2/stuart. And this came roughly at the cost of a 30% increased reload time. I would not call that 'severely neutered'. It is at worst a lateral change.

The added survivability is nice but it does not really matter vs meta play, after all, the point of the StuG-E was never to tank TD hits but to decimate infantry. Therefore the reduced lethality hurts it out of all proportion. Nota bene, this was long overdue, the thing was way too powerful and had far too much of an impact.
I've been playing a few OH games this afternoon and all I can say that whoever does balance at Relic has effed it up, again, and spectacularly so. Guard Motor is the dominant doctrine for months on end, and all they do is buff it indirectly by weakening OHs main tools of dealing with it. Yes, the 120s are more reasonable now, but it does not even matter since 85s just run amok, mostly since fausts dont engine damage them anymore which increases their survivability drastically and increase their lethality in counterharassment. Plus, you never get armour parity with one Tiger, while as a rule you still can't afford to tech either. And even if you do, the opportunity costs to get a StuG or a PIV will kill you. All the GM player needs to do is keep his 85s alive until the second pair arrive, and then its gg.
Seriously, I've not had one game where I did not face 4 85s at the least. These things need to be capped at two, and while we're at it, so does the E-8.
Having heavies capped is a good thing, but in order to archieve parity, the same must apply to advanced mediums.

Now seriously, I am kinda aggravated. Do they really not play their own game or something, was there no playtesting, alpha feedback, whatever? This is such a glaring mistake I can't believe they haven't seen it.
24 Jun 2015, 18:04 PM
Donator 11

First official SU-76 Over-powered thread ever.

Now that I've seen su-76 OP and PTRS OP I am complete Kappa

Before last patch ppl wanted 'drop PTRS' button, then they made it OP, now they addressed su-76 and stug-g, if I remember correctly there is no other unit that it is bad enough for ppl to call to remove it from the game, is it?

WHO
24 Jun 2015, 18:05 PM

I don't think messing with the 85s is the answer. I think that ost tech costs or cost allocations need to change. I don't think any right to say there aren't viable counters to 85s, it's just getting to those counters is much more difficult than simply stalling for 85s.
24 Jun 2015, 18:07 PM

Now seriously, I am kinda aggravated. Do they really not play their own game or something, was there no playtesting, alpha feedback, whatever? This is such a glaring mistake I can't believe they haven't seen it.

It's like they don't want to acknowledge that a meta even exists.

24 Jun 2015, 18:37 PM

My first impression was: what's up with Blitzkrieg? More like crawlkrieg now. Panzers will now crawl instead of accelerate? I hope this bug will get a hotfix, because I use Blitzkrieg as a reaction to my tanks being outnumbered or to attack. Now everytime I hit it I am like :facepalm: why did I just do that? Now it's dead :(
24 Jun 2015, 19:04 PM

First official SU-76 Over-powered thread ever.

I think no one is surprised that it came out from ostheerlitz. :snfPeter:
24 Jun 2015, 19:17 PM

Before last patch ppl wanted 'drop PTRS' button, then they made it OP, now they addressed su-76 and stug-g, if I remember correctly there is no other unit that it is bad enough for ppl to call to remove it from the game, is it?

Irregulars...

Still this is a good patch. Su-76 is a beast now. It can deal even with Panters, if those panters shoot other targers:D
24 Jun 2015, 19:18 PM
Donator 11

Nerf to snare is the best change after the improved mg's. It actually takes some planning to deal with tanks now and not any noob can instantly shut down your early armor advantage. Hmm reminds me of vcoh somehow.

Now if Relic would only implement the rest of the tech timings and callin fixes for medium tanks.
24 Jun 2015, 19:29 PM
Donator 11

Irregulars...

Still this is a good patch. Su-76 is a beast now. It can deal even with Panters, if those panters shoot other targers:D

Yeah, you're right, irregulars, maybe also partisans. I forgot about them as they are the 'never used' part of soviet commander universum. But that may come with some kind of commander overhaul rather than unit changes as other commanders like NKVD or conscript support also need some love.
24 Jun 2015, 19:31 PM

Seriously, I've not had one game where I did not face 4 85s at the least. These things need to be capped at two, and while we're at it, so does the E-8.
Having heavies capped is a good thing, but in order to archieve parity, the same must apply to advanced mediums.

That would really upset team games where axis can still get loads of semi-heavy tanks.

Medium call-in tanks should not be capped; they should just be placed as part of the tech tree.
24 Jun 2015, 19:56 PM

Agreed. Make them require either T3 or T4 and then give them a reasonable price. That way they actually have a build time and you wont get a second magic tank outta nowhere. A cap on mediums would be pretty imbalanced in favour for axis. Just imagine the panther spam if T34/85s were capped at 2.

I dont even understand why we dont have this yet in the first place. Relic got it _almost_ right back in beta, when you needed to build callin tanks from buildings. The only weakpoint back then was that the callin unit took the place of another unit in the same tier so that you werent able to build t34/76s anymore, in the case of 85s. Had they fixed this slight issue, the system wouldve been great and they couldve saved us months of painful callin spam.
24 Jun 2015, 20:09 PM

If you guys are having issues with guards still just make like 2-3 mgs. It completely shuts down guards as long as your mg play is good. Use this suppression advantage to gain map control, pump out a p4 and cause havoc before 85s come. You would be surprised how well p4s can hold up against 85s. Sure they have less hp but they're still a threat to the 85s.
24 Jun 2015, 20:18 PM

That would really upset team games where axis can still get loads of semi-heavy tanks.

Medium call-in tanks should not be capped; they should just be placed as part of the tech tree.

It might not make me popular, but as far as balance is concerned, team games need to take a clear backseat.
Anyways, including them in the regular tech tree might be a happy medium, but the status quo is effed up. In all this afternoon of playing Ostheer, only one player ever did not spam either 85s or Easy-8s. All they need to do is last into the lategame, build up critical mass, and you can't stop it with OH.
24 Jun 2015, 20:27 PM

Yeah the decision to not include the changes were medium call in's were tied to teching is really odd considering they admitted call in's were a problem with heavies.

Also Lemon I think the issue people are having against Guard Motor and Rifle Company is the combination of abilities, not single ones by themselves.

MG's shut down guards, yes, but 120's shut down MG's. MG's shut down riflemen, but smoke and white phos shut down MG's. Icing on the cake is mark vehicle and non-exploding high AoE flamer rifles.

Then of course you have the added later punch of call in's, simply put: there is zero downside to going these commanders because there is no trade off, no disadvantage.
WHO
24 Jun 2015, 20:34 PM

It might not make me popular, but as far as balance is concerned, team games need to take a clear backseat.

Based on the stats of the top 200 ELO players, nearly 80% of the games played are 2v2+ and over 50% are 3v3+. I'd say it's even higher in the bottom end of the ELO.
24 Jun 2015, 20:39 PM

As far as I understand it, they considered the top 200 ELO for every gamemode seperately. There is a world of a difference between ie. 1s and 4s in any case.
24 Jun 2015, 20:41 PM

As far as popularity goes 1's, 4's and 2's are about equal, with 3's being notably behind.

Logically it makes sense to balance for 1's and 2's because the majority of the player base plays those game modes.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS