new patch impression

PAGES (9)down
24 Jun 2015, 20:59 PM

If your player name is pussyking for sure :foreveralone:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
24 Jun 2015, 21:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jun 2015, 19:04 PMKatitof

I think no one is surprised that it came out from ostheerlitz. :snfPeter:

And no one is surprised that telling su-76s are very good now was automatically translated as they are OP.i guess no surprise it would come from Katitof.
24 Jun 2015, 21:25 PM

if I remember correctly there is no other unit that it is bad enough for ppl to call to remove it from the game, is it?

Partisans
24 Jun 2015, 21:39 PM

Yeah the decision to not include the changes were medium call in's were tied to teching is really odd considering they admitted call in's were a problem with heavies.

Also Lemon I think the issue people are having against Guard Motor and Rifle Company is the combination of abilities, not single ones by themselves.

MG's shut down guards, yes, but 120's shut down MG's. MG's shut down riflemen, but smoke and white phos shut down MG's. Icing on the cake is mark vehicle and non-exploding high AoE flamer rifles.

Then of course you have the added later punch of call in's, simply put: there is zero downside to going these commanders because there is no trade off, no disadvantage.

and you should stop thinking of just MGs. halftracks provide you the sustainability, while flamer pios and lmg grens provide the mobile firepower you need to plug any holes. multiple mgs spread out across the line will shut down pushes as long as you remember to reface every time you know where the enemy is coming from. combined arms who woulda thought
24 Jun 2015, 21:41 PM

Permanently Banned
The incremental accuracy may have been a bit much. Rather than incremental accuracy per model. Why can't it be per squad? Or am I wrong and its already like that.
24 Jun 2015, 21:43 PM

and you should stop thinking of just MGs. halftracks provide you the sustainability, while flamer pios and lmg grens provide the mobile firepower you need to plug any holes. multiple mgs spread out across the line will shut down pushes as long as you remember to reface every time you know where the enemy is coming from. combined arms who woulda thought

Going very heavy t1 as Ostheer has been meta for a very long time now. Ostheer has never been able to function without combined arms. But the large amount of effort you need to put into stopping your opponent is dumb when they can literally just call in counters to everything you have with little effort.

Nobody is saying Ostheer or OKW is literally unplayable, what people are saying is that not fixing medium call in's is dumb.
24 Jun 2015, 21:54 PM

Going very heavy t1 as Ostheer has been meta for a very long time now. Ostheer has never been able to function without combined arms. But the large amount of effort you need to put into stopping your opponent is dumb when they can literally just call in counters to everything you have with little effort.

Nobody is saying Ostheer or OKW is literally unplayable, what people are saying is that not fixing medium call in's is dumb.

Looks like to me you just don't want to put in the effort to beat guard motor
24 Jun 2015, 22:01 PM

*grabs popcorn and waits to see alex lecturing Lemon on how to play ost in 2v2*
24 Jun 2015, 22:06 PM

Must say i'm struggling with US. The lmg gren blob with supporting MG42 is tough to crack and bleeds you hard. Lack of indirect fire options means you must flank and use smoke, something which on some maps isn't always an option and burns though your ammo quickly.

Not really a complaint more of an observation, glad we have functioning MGs again.
24 Jun 2015, 22:12 PM

It hurts when i listen to the community. :D A Patchday is always a Good Day :)
24 Jun 2015, 22:17 PM

Looks like to me you just don't want to put in the effort to beat guard motor

Iv been putting in the effort all day, but don't you think it's silly that one side has to put in so much effort versus such a lazy commander/strat?

Like you say "use combined arms", well yes, that is literally all Ostheer does.
24 Jun 2015, 22:22 PM
Donator 11

Stug and MG42 Kreygasm
24 Jun 2015, 22:23 PM

USF needs help now
24 Jun 2015, 22:27 PM

Eh Lemon, 2v2 I guess is a bit different with the maps offering better lanes plus higher unit density, but I'll say categorically, in 1s, Guard Motor was the strongest individual commander prepatch, and it only got stronger...and this leads me to believe that their balance lead must not play his own game.
24 Jun 2015, 22:29 PM

USF needs help now

With what? The .50 cal is finally viable, the 57mm can finally shoot at mediums now that heavy tank spam is dead, all of US call in's were untouched.
24 Jun 2015, 22:34 PM

With what? The .50 cal is finally viable, the 57mm can finally shoot at mediums now that heavy tank spam is dead, all of US call in's were untouched.

I don't think US needs help at all, but the 42 was buffed and indeed perhaps slightly overbuffed, and we'll see earlier Grenade techs now.
24 Jun 2015, 22:40 PM

But if you tech grenades you delay M20/Greyhound, meaning Ostheer Sniper can have a field day.

Plus, being forced to pop smoke every engagement delays BARs or M1919s- meaning Grens will our scale your Riflemen.

USF lack of early combined arms is very punishing now. I'd love for CoH1 Weapons Center and Motor pool to come back.
24 Jun 2015, 22:40 PM

I don't think US needs help at all, but the 42 was buffed and indeed perhaps slightly overbuffed, and we'll see earlier Grenade techs now.

US has smoke grenades on their most basic and plentiful infantry unit. Deploy-able smoke from their basic MBT. The Pack Howitzer and Mortar HT are both in a good place atm especially with the Stuart not being total unrelenting ass giving captain some actual appeal.

The only thing I can see USF having issues with is Elefants and Jadgtigers.

24 Jun 2015, 22:45 PM

But if you tech grenades you delay M20/Greyhound, meaning Ostheer Sniper can have a field day.

Plus, being forced to pop smoke every engagement delays BARs or M1919s- meaning Grens will our scale your Riflemen.

USF lack of early combined arms is very punishing now. I'd love for CoH1 Weapons Center and Motor pool to come back.

+1, USF is a different beast now.

THE STUG THOUGH
24 Jun 2015, 23:06 PM

whats the range of the stug now?
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %