Login

russian armor

new patch impression

PAGES (9)down
24 Jun 2015, 10:44 AM
Donator 11

I love the sound of machineguns actually being machineguns.
24 Jun 2015, 10:48 AM
Patrion 14

What du you guys think about at grenades/ rifle at nades not disabling the tank when it has >75% health? Isn't this a huuuge buff to mediums?
I imagine Shermans completely shut down Wehrmacht from minute 9 until pz4 arrives.
If the Sherman manages to get around a Pak without being shot, a single gren can't disable it, meaning you always need to have 2 grens around your Pak and 50 munis available.

This is 1v1 of course.
24 Jun 2015, 10:49 AM

A problem is that not all maps allow for a lot of tactical maneuvering, especially the narrow team maps where a few MGs can shut down the entire map.

USF has multiple smoke platforms which shut down MG walls. Soviets have snipers and mortars. I don't see your problem.
24 Jun 2015, 10:51 AM

USF has multiple smoke platforms which shut down MG walls. Soviets have snipers and mortars. I don't see your problem.

You will.

24 Jun 2015, 10:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jun 2015, 10:48 AMLümmel
What du you guys think about at grenades/ rifle at nades not disabling the tank when it has >75% health? Isn't this a huuuge buff to mediums?
I imagine Shermans completely shut down Wehrmacht from minute 9 until pz4 arrives.
If the Sherman manages to get around a Pak without being shot, a single gren can't disable it, meaning you always need to have 2 grens around your Pak and 50 munis available.

This is 1v1 of course.

If, with the new HMG42, you still manage to face a 9 minute sherman you kinda deserve to lose.

24 Jun 2015, 10:55 AM
Patrion 14

If, with the new HMG42, you still manage to face a 9 minute sherman you kinda deserve to lose.

This is just an example, as it is possible to have a sherman in 9 minutes.
What i said still counts for mid to late game.
24 Jun 2015, 10:56 AM

Ost still has tellars and cheap stugs that should be backed up with paks. So an early sherman rush shouldn't be an issue and judging by the mg change it should be harder to put alot of pressure on wher defensive positions.
24 Jun 2015, 10:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jun 2015, 10:55 AMLümmel

This is just an example, as it is possible to have a sherman in 9 minutes.
What i said still counts for mid to late game.

It is possible yes, but only if you had been completely dominating until that point.

But yes, it ís a huge buff to medium tanks. Which is great because medium tanks suffered greatly from constantly having engine damage every time you wanted to attack with them.
24 Jun 2015, 11:12 AM

You will.

I primarily play USF. Tech nades.
WHO
24 Jun 2015, 14:12 PM

Are you still running 3 cons into double call-ins? You and Dusty are my 2v2 muse.
24 Jun 2015, 14:18 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

Maybe the MG squad size should be changed back to 3 men ?
24 Jun 2015, 14:33 PM

The changes made to armour snares are such a blessing in disguise that should have been made ages ago.

No more mindless AT Nades being thrown to easily scare off a tank or make it an easy target. This change creates a situation where players must use co-ordination and skill to cover infantry and damaged friendly tanks.

This is relic rewarding higher level skill.

Also an indirect buff to mines, and minesweeper tactics. The meta is changing, something about the changes made by relic just seem better than ever before.

Early days though :clap:

24 Jun 2015, 14:38 PM

The changes made to armour snares are such a blessing in disguise that should have been made ages ago.

No more mindless AT Nades being thrown to easily scare off a tank or make it an easy target. This change creates a situation where players must use co-ordination and skill to cover infantry and damaged friendly tanks.

This is relic rewarding higher level skill.

Also an indirect buff to mines, and minesweeper tactics. The meta is changing, something about the changes made by relic just seem better than ever before.

Early days though :clap:

Agreed. I found myself placing as many tellers as never before in this game. Im practically scared shitless of a rushed t70/t34/sherman now and I think thats a good thing. ^^
24 Jun 2015, 14:41 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jun 2015, 14:18 PMSpanky
Maybe the MG squad size should be changed back to 3 men ?

i thought avout that too but pls no. Sov 2 snipers build is still a pain in the ass. Its gonna be even worse in that regard. Considering retreat time mg is gonna be lost to 2 snipers without a time to react.
24 Jun 2015, 14:55 PM

My initial impressions is that the MG change brought us back to launch date in terms of balance of them. While this change may have been necessary for blob control it is going to solidify Axis superiority in narrow maps. Nearly all Soviet indirect fire has been nerfed and they lack smoke (except for Shock Troops). Interesting times a head.
24 Jun 2015, 14:59 PM
Patrion 14

2v2+ su76 RULEzzz. of course not in maps like shittlebruck.
24 Jun 2015, 15:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jun 2015, 14:55 PMNapalm
My initial impressions is that the MG change brought us back to launch date in terms of balance of them. While this change may have been necessary for blob control it is going to solidify Axis superiority in narrow maps. Nearly all Soviet indirect fire has been nerfed and they lack smoke (except for Shock Troops). Interesting times a head.

While I dont wanna be THAT guy, soviet mortars do have smoke should you decide to go t2. I rarely see anyone utilize it, which is quite strange since the mg42 had several buffs already before this patch. T1 should hardcounter mg spam and well, if you spam cons - especially on a narrow map - vs mg spam you got hardcountered.

You got a ton of counters vs mgs. AT gun barrage(I know it costs munitions but its efficient enough to wipe an mg42 if he doesnt move it), mortars, smoke on mortars, shock smoke, fire offmap arty should you decide to choose a doctrine with it, propaganda arty(see fire arty remarks), snipers(especially double snipers protected by guards to counter a 222 rush. Still works wonders, mind you), clown cars - especially effective with a penal inside for the addional "boom" ;) - and in lategame you got plenty of tank options with very good aoe stats or, should you decide to go t4, the new su76 with its free barrage/the katyusha.

I honestly dont see the problem but then I almost never play as allies cause I only play with friends and they dont really wanna play allies. So if theres any flaws, feel free to point them out.
24 Jun 2015, 15:07 PM

Well, my primary impression so far: Guard Motor all day every day. The fact that you can no longer get double Tigers and engine crit the 85s passively strenghtens that doctrine massively. The buffed StuG is sort of nice vs US but fairly useless agaisnt 85s since it will just get bumrushed, marked, and dispatched in 2 volleys. Not to mention that in its harmlessness to infantry, getting it anywhere prior to 10 cps makes it a dead investment and vetting it is hard. The 120s are more civil now, but Guard Motor remains broken.
24 Jun 2015, 15:13 PM

Well, my primary impression so far: Guard Motor all day every day. The fact that you can no longer get double Tigers and engine crit the 85s passively strenghtens that doctrine massively. The buffed StuG is sort of nice vs US but fairly useless agaisnt 85s since it will just get bumrushed, marked, and dispatched in 2 volleys. Not to mention that in its harmlessness to infantry, getting it anywhere prior to 10 cps makes it a dead investment and vetting it is hard. The 120s are more civil now, but Guard Motor remains broken.

2 stugs and an at gun should easily be able to handle that. Especially if you can back the stugs off a little to buy time for an additional shot. Guard the pack with some pgrens and that should do the trick. Additionally Ive found that IF you know 85s will roll out, you can easily amass enough munitions for 5 or so tellers before they arrive, even with lmgs on 3 gren squads. That should easily be more than enough to handle the situation and any to come.

Though I do agree. Guard motor all day every day. Quite annoying but more in a sense that theres the same fucking strat every game and it gets boring fast.
24 Jun 2015, 15:17 PM

lol people forgetting Soviet Snipers and US smoke nades XD
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 62
Poland 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L