Login

russian armor

new patch impression

PAGES (9)down
24 Jun 2015, 15:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jun 2015, 14:55 PMNapalm
My initial impressions is that the MG change brought us back to launch date in terms of balance of them. While this change may have been necessary for blob control it is going to solidify Axis superiority in narrow maps. Nearly all Soviet indirect fire has been nerfed and they lack smoke (except for Shock Troops). Interesting times a head.

mortars have smoke... Problem with the initial HMG was the fast traverse speed, that hasn't been changed.
Means you still win against a HMG if you use two squads attacking from both sides of the arc of fire. The MG42 can't change targets quick enough.
24 Jun 2015, 15:18 PM

My impressions - HMGs particularly mg42 and us m2hb are very good.You need indirect fire/smoke to dislodge them or flank..not frontal charge.

Second is su-76 spam is a real problem in 2 vs 2 and up until u get a panther.They hit both infantry and armor well and the barrage cracks defensive positions.That 60 range in numbers melts anything less than panther and it can decimate pak walls with barrage.
Stugs are excellent vs armor and fully worth it,useless vs infantry though.50 range limits its offensive capability.
Guard motor is still OP.
AA capabilities are much superior.
Stalling for heavy call-ins are generally useless because light armor is now intimidating.Mines are necessary.
24 Jun 2015, 15:31 PM

Blitzkrieg working with engine damage! Working as intended :megusta:
24 Jun 2015, 15:38 PM

Permanently Banned
Ive seen a lot of smoke lately. Like a lot. If you aren't using it now. Then start doing it.
24 Jun 2015, 15:55 PM
Donator 33

Blitzkrieg working with engine damage! Working as intended :megusta:

You sure it wasnt activated before engine damage?
24 Jun 2015, 16:01 PM

2 stugs and an at gun should easily be able to handle that. Especially if you can back the stugs off a little to buy time for an additional shot. Guard the pack with some pgrens and that should do the trick. Additionally Ive found that IF you know 85s will roll out, you can easily amass enough munitions for 5 or so tellers before they arrive, even with lmgs on 3 gren squads. That should easily be more than enough to handle the situation and any to come.

Though I do agree. Guard motor all day every day. Quite annoying but more in a sense that theres the same fucking strat every game and it gets boring fast.

2 StuGs and an AT-gun are a pretty dead investment against hte usual Guard Motor heavy infantry play until the time 10cps hit and also mean you will not get a call-in of your own. Not to mention StuGs have limited viability on urban maps to start with.

Nah, they did not think this through. In a 1v1 between players of roughly equal skill this advantage means a lot.
24 Jun 2015, 16:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jun 2015, 14:55 PMNapalm
My initial impressions is that the MG change brought us back to launch date in terms of balance of them. While this change may have been necessary for blob control it is going to solidify Axis superiority in narrow maps. Nearly all Soviet indirect fire has been nerfed and they lack smoke (except for Shock Troops). Interesting times a head.

The flares are arguably better than precision strike since it give Soviets a HUGE amount of recon ability to figure were the best place to push is. And Soviets have 2 mortars with smoke, idk were your getting this "no smoke" thing from.

Also creeping barrage replacing precision strike wasn't a nerf, it was a buff. The 120 is also still extremely potent and now the SU-76 is finally viable and it has a barrage that can help smash fortified lines.

24 Jun 2015, 16:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jun 2015, 15:55 PMATCF

You sure it wasnt activated before engine damage?

Yeah I am sure. I did it multiple times on my Command Panther this afternoon. I also looked more carefully, the button itself is not disabled when you get engine damage either.
24 Jun 2015, 16:09 PM

Second is su-76 spam is a real problem in 2 vs 2 and up until u get a panther.They hit both infantry and armor well and the barrage cracks defensive positions.That 60 range in numbers melts anything less than panther and it can decimate pak walls with barrage.

First official SU-76 Over-powered thread ever.

24 Jun 2015, 16:11 PM

When things tend to finally become good people tend to react weird. Only issue I had with SU-76's so far is people going windustry and spamming them in 3v3 and 4v4.
24 Jun 2015, 16:25 PM

Oh, this is gold.
24 Jun 2015, 16:26 PM

I'm liking this patch so far. +6

Guard motor needs to be addressed though as well as some other docs such as Mech Ass. For example, I'm going Guard whenever I play Soviets and Mech Ass when I play Wehr. That shouldn't be the case. -3

All said and done, a STRONG move in the right direction though.

24 Jun 2015, 16:29 PM

The StuG-E has been severely neutered, and this was long overdue, but unfortunately the more I play as OH the more I gotta say the snare nerf was the worst individual change they could have possibly implemented.
24 Jun 2015, 16:29 PM
Donator 33

Paks cant counter it, it outranges Panthers, There is nothing that can stop the MIGHTY SU-76! :D

24 Jun 2015, 16:32 PM

Realistically we will see a change to the T34/85's, we got changes for other heavies and that move will work well in creating diverse tank meta.

Next patch will see them tied to tier from 0CP or a 1 pair limit.
24 Jun 2015, 16:33 PM

The StuG-E has been severely neutered, and this was long overdue, but unfortunately the more I play as OH the more I gotta say the snare nerf was the worst individual change they could have possibly implemented.

I would argue that the StuG-E is if anything stronger, but hey don't play with it. Your right it suxs. My bad.
24 Jun 2015, 16:40 PM

I don't like the UI changes (ingame store, new Theater of War stage list). I know they are removing the eastern front feel and replacing it with 'all-fronts' feel but still
24 Jun 2015, 16:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jun 2015, 16:29 PMATCF

Paks cant counter it, it outranges Panthers, There is nothing that can stop the MIGHTY SU-76! :D

It has begun.......

24 Jun 2015, 16:43 PM

The Stug E is 33% more survivable against AT guns and 50% more survivable against Jacksons. It can also no longer be snared by an AT nade while at full health unlike the T70/P2/stuart. And this came roughly at the cost of a 30% increased reload time. I would not call that 'severely neutered'. It is at worst a lateral change.
24 Jun 2015, 16:47 PM
Donator 11

SU-76 can lose vs ostwind
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak