Login

russian armor

Kappatch 2

PAGES (13)down
31 Jan 2015, 05:14 AM

Impressive list. Maybe I just missed it but did the intangible cap points (I.e. they don't mess with vehicle pathing) not make it into this version? I'll definately be trying this tonight.

For irregulars, I feel like they're kind of like combat engies that are more long range oriented in roll. I'd replace their svts with conscript mosins, make them able to plant mines and give them a 5th man at vet 2. Probably drop the reinforce cost to 20 as well.

Edit: nm, saw the cap points change. Just missed it on the first read.
31 Jan 2015, 08:04 AM
Patrion 14

What dedication! I'm super impressed. Will try this out ASAP.
Edit: I don't know if this thread is for wishes as well, but I would love for RE to have flamethrowers, maby remove them and the small at mines on combat engies instead and replace it with the m20 mine?

Don't know if this will make US stock to strong not needing doc's.

Reason is, in the early game US has nothing vs garrisoned buildings (only nades which delay tech), which IMO are so strong in maps in the early game. I understand they have mortars now though.
31 Jan 2015, 08:04 AM

Love this mod. <444>3 Cruzz
31 Jan 2015, 08:06 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

some vet ideas
-partisans: siphon resources, they suck at frontline combat anyway
-su76. Give vet0 toggle between at and barrage mode with barrage mode rof lowered. At vet 1 it can barrage like now, maybe faster
-osttruppen. vet 0 remove faust. vet 1 give faust volley where each entity will fire a faust that doesnt track vehicles and maybe has 50% less damage and penetration

-pios. just give them an accuracy bonus at vet 1
kv1.kv2. RED SCARE. timed ability will add small suppression value to the mg and maingun
-kv8. flame wall a la generals dragon tank. will burn the ground and make vehicles drive slower Kinda hard to implement, my idea was to use the creeping barrage action but this will only fire once not continuously. ALthough it could work as timed action

EDIT:
this is when I was interested in doing a balance patch. made 10 commanders from the best 30 abilities for both ostheer and soviets
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EkMxKwTX6reepXdI4JWQZKyFf8kxyMzCqFM4Rgl_Mtg/edit#heading=h.w30h84e44cda
31 Jan 2015, 08:12 AM

Bravo for the effort,you atleast are more active by urslef than whole of relic balance team.

Not everything i agree with,but several very good and necessary changes and by and large unbiased.Thank you.But i do think OKW got nerfed a little too hard,raketen change wasn't enough to compensate volsk elimination.
31 Jan 2015, 08:26 AM

-osttruppen. vet 0 remove faust. vet 1 give faust volley where each entity will fire a faust that doesnt track vehicles and maybe has 50% less damage and penetration

Nooo don't touch my Osttrupps!
31 Jan 2015, 08:37 AM

So I just got done playing a few bot games to get a feel for this version of the mod, and the first thing I have to say, is that it feels really good. Playing against bots makes it pretty tough to tell how a lot of the changes have affected timings and balance but I plan on playing a bunch more games (probably mostly against bots :/ ) to give you some feed back.

First of all though, I think I found a bug; it appears as though vet5 volks lose access to panzerfausts for some reason (they had the mp-40 upgrades if that matters). The second thing that may or may not be a bug is that the Dshk HMG seems to be waaaay over preforming now. The suppression is much, much higher than any of the other hmgs. It needed some kind of buff or price reduction, but as it is in the mod, it's kind of broken.

So many of the changes felt really good to play with, but I absolutely love the DP upgrade for cons. It adds a little long range fire power but doesn't feel overwhelming at all. It's not at all like giving a gren an lmg-42 in terms of the feel of it's impact.

Guards are very good now. Hard to tell against bots, but maybe too good. The PTRS rifles are actually really scary against light vehicles and had a noticeable effect on P4s. A guard squad by itself isn't going to solo a medium tank, but the guards can actually contribute some dps which is cool. My only concern is that as they're good against all targets, spamming them might become a thing. Not sure if having Guards in T1 is a good thing. I understand the motivation for it, but T1 doesn't really have a weakness anymore.

OKW plays a lot differently; gonna need more games with it to get a better feel. First impression is that the raketten change is perfect but it's going to be tough to tell where volks stand now without playing against people. The mp-40s seem like an odd decision at first but the weapons themselves do good damage (I was surprised by how well they did against cons) and seem to be the kind of upgrade you'd only want to get a couple of to act as deterrents for aggressive play from allied infantry. My only issue with that is that it kind of over laps a little with what SPs do. Speaking of, shreks on SPs works well.

Overall, it seems like you've solved the MP float from OKW as you need to buy rakettens and probably an extra sturmpio for a sweeper or shreks. Not buying a ton of shreks also frees up munis to lay mines or get mp-40s/mg-34s but it doesn't feel like there's muni float or deficit either. Need to play a lot more games though.

I'll have a lot more feed back later as I play some more with the mod.
31 Jan 2015, 08:51 AM

shouldn't APCR be like - increased penetration in overall, no penalty for range (pen same at all ranges), same reload and lower damage? :snfBarton:

No, APCR loses penetrating power with rang, just like regular AP ammunition. It should have higher penetration overall and less damage. Historically I mean.

Cruzz, this is amazing. Very well done mate, thanks.
31 Jan 2015, 08:54 AM

I really like to see mods doing well, so congrats with this. I hope you keep it up, and perhaps Relic will take a few notes. Who knows.

I think we should perhaps have a Mod Spotlight in the game menu, like we already do with maps. There are a few good mods on Steam, and they deserve a little more exposure IMO.
31 Jan 2015, 09:14 AM

I fear Ostheer T3 will hurt even more now with the Easy Eight now requiring an extra hit in addition to great armour and penetration, especially if you add the the 76mm Sherman with the stats you laid out. Imo the 76mm Sherman should be statistically identical to the Soviet Sherman, considering the Soviet version was identical except for the diesel engine instead of the gasoline engine.

A bit drastic, but imo it would be better to nerf Panzer IV Armour and buff Penetration to allow it to be vulnerable to lesser tanks (T-34/76) but decently stand up to better tanks (Easy Eight) without being completely outclassed.

Judging from the changelog at least, I can easily see Ostheer meta being T1 > T2 > BP3 > BP4 Tigers / T4 Panthers.

Well, easy Eights also got shouldered with an additional 240/100 fuel in the Major, so there's that. Easy Eights are one thing that I tend to find myself going Tiger against even though I usually try avoiding Tiger meta, so I do agree it could be an issue. But it's also hard to say what the officer change actually does to USF as you won't suddenly gain a huge swath of map control in the early game now, and going Panthers without T3 should be half-viable atleast.

First of all though, I think I found a bug; it appears as though vet5 volks lose access to panzerfausts for some reason (they had the mp-40 upgrades if that matters).

Sorry, clearly wasn't paying attention while testing stuff against AI. Will fix today. Forgot to remove one of Relic's old lines from their volk faust files, as they had an upgraded faust at vet4 which replaced the old one.

Will look into DSHK.

Guard spammability is an issue, considering some options like removing a member from the squad, but not gonna change anything for the time being.

31 Jan 2015, 09:19 AM

I think Guards should have only 1 PTRS with rate of fire increase, so we will get the 'semi-auto' feeling. Also 50 caliber machine guns should be different from normal rifle caliber machine guns. They should have increased armor penetration. Suppression bonuses you gave make it exactly like 30 caliber machine guns. I think removing DSHK armor piercing rounds and making it fire armor piercing all the time is more suitable. And more historic. U.S. 50cal can receive similar adjustments. What do you guys think?
31 Jan 2015, 09:46 AM

Cruzz u might want to consider This Job
31 Jan 2015, 09:48 AM

very good work, much appreciated, though a bit us-favoured ;-)
31 Jan 2015, 09:52 AM

Great work cruzz, changes overall sound pretty interesting.

Now, to test it, lets organize some games with this mod shall we?
31 Jan 2015, 10:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jan 2015, 09:46 AMofield
Cruzz u might want to consider This Job

Do it Cruzz, Duffy's getting desperate :P
31 Jan 2015, 10:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jan 2015, 00:31 AMCruzz

New vet abilities for SU76...

'Cautious Movement' from jagd4 or 'Aimed Shot' from Puma or 'Hollow Charge' from le.IG 18.

...T34-76, T34-85...

'Flanking Speed' or 'Radio Net' from M10 and M4.

KV1

'Repair Critical' or APCR (good penetration of near poor away. Useless against infantry)

Shocks

Sprint. Faustpatron trophy would be more original and more OP.

Guards

'Armored Vehicle Detection' like Stormtroopers.

Ostruppen

Hit the Dirt!

, Irregulars

Passive Healing or 'Field First Aid' . Environment and all that.

and Partisans

Volley Fire from Rear Echelon Troops (increase combat effectiveness) or Body traps (subversive potential) like Uber have or Sprint (hit&run).
31 Jan 2015, 10:46 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Awesome! Is there a Kappatch Steam group? That would make it easy to find other players via the in-game chat.
31 Jan 2015, 10:46 AM

I particularly love the solution to heavy call in meta. Increased price, yet reduced when teck unlocked, this would really promote teching while still keeping heavies attractive.

Maybe a US short range mortar is OK, but I dont believe OKW should have a mortar. OKW do not have many tools to deal indirect damage, this is intentional because they deal heavy direct damage (eg Obers).

Thier field gun is also quite good, all be it in a less mobile way than a normal mortar.
31 Jan 2015, 10:57 AM

Do it Cruzz, Duffy's getting desperate :P

- Must be able to play within the top 5% of the community for the assigned game.

I doubt PQ having this :/

Cruz should able to match all of this :O
31 Jan 2015, 10:57 AM

Maybe a US short range mortar is OK, but I dont believe OKW should have a mortar. OKW do not have many tools to deal indirect damage, this is intentional because they deal heavy direct damage (eg Obers).

Thier field gun is also quite good, all be it in a less mobile way than a normal mortar.

My issue with lack of mortars is that this means maps with a large amount of high obstacles which make the pack howitzer/LEIG useless hugely penalize these two factions. Plus I'm trying to turn OKW into less of a massive infantry blob (which they were kinda forced into as they have tons of mobile infantry with lackluster teamweapons and support units), adding new non-infantry options is a step on that road.

Rolled out a small update. Testing out suppression reducing ability ranges:

Kappatch v2#2

Bugfixes:
Fixed volk faust disappearing at vet4

Balance changes:
Applied 33% range reduction on suppression to all grenade type abilities.
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS