Login

russian armor

Wehrmacht Ostheer

PAGES (11)down
25 Jan 2015, 17:30 PM

I have Katitof on ignore, is he seriously stating that S-Mines are as good as Demo Charges :D?

Na, he did not, he implied it - indirectly - with mines. If I may say so, whats the point of putting someone on ignore tho? Ok, if Katitof spend one 10th of this time posting on the forums with playing he would probably gain a tad more realistic outlook on the game, but hey, he is hardly the only one that applies to.
25 Jan 2015, 17:52 PM

Na, he did not, he implied it - indirectly - with mines. If I may say so, whats the point of putting someone on ignore tho? Ok, if Katitof spend one 10th of this time posting on the forums with playing he would probably gain a tad more realistic outlook on the game, but hey, he is hardly the only one that applies to.

No, I did not implied anything, directly or indirectly.
You may not like my replies(I fully realize some people would want to punch the screen while reading me, I'm really trying to fight that), but it would be AWESOME if you would read what I write, not what your imagination tells you.

Aus believes everyone sees the signs and automatically avoids the mines.
Its not the case, I've said streamers as an example, because you can just go and watch what they do, you have the links right here to the right, I implied the good players by saying good streamers and thats pretty much all I've implied there.
I've seen enough of top 50 players walking over s-mines, because they are not AI and can't look everywhere at once.

Complaining about being muni starved is also not an argument at all, unless you feel to spam rnades, pfausts and LMGs as soon as you see the icon as clickable. Even OKW can afford to spam 15 muni batches everywhere.

And hey, I'm not the one who believes 240mp units should stop 1000 worth of mp+at least 240 mun investment if you want to talk people who need tad more realistic outlook on the game.
25 Jan 2015, 18:03 PM

1. Of course not everybody automatically avoids the mines. I am well aware of that. Its just exponentially easier to avoid them if there is a bloody sign saying "minefield" next to it, n'est-ce pas? Are we seriously gonna have to discuss this?
2. Muni-starvation: The simple fact remains that different factions have different resource dynamics, resource priorities, etc.. Ie. the Ostheer mainline infantry unit (Grens) needs upgrades to even become viable, need to expend munis to win fights, etc, more so than any other faction. The sole other unit that needs a muni-investment to remain viable in the present meta I can think of are actually Volks. Again, do we have to seriously discuss this? If you watch top streamers (heck, play the game), why don't you know that?
26 Jan 2015, 09:12 AM

2. Muni-starvation: The simple fact remains that different factions have different resource dynamics, resource priorities, etc.. Ie. the Ostheer mainline infantry unit (Grens) needs upgrades to even become viable, need to expend munis to win fights, etc, more so than any other faction. The sole other unit that needs a muni-investment to remain viable in the present meta I can think of are actually Volks. Again, do we have to seriously discuss this? If you watch top streamers (heck, play the game), why don't you know that?

1. USF are manpower starvation faction (due to mp bleed in middle and late game - expensive and unreliable infantry);
2. OKW are fuel and somewhat amo starvation faction;
3. Soviets are... no, they aren't starving for anything;
4. Ostheer has all the starvation aspects you can think of: amo, fuel and manpower.
26 Jan 2015, 19:19 PM

Soviets can be pretty fuel starved if you dont play the meta/go for call ins, just saying - Soviet tech=expensive. I also don't think Ost is nearly as MP starved ie. as USF if you manage to survive to mid-late game since you will start to engage much more cost-effectively with vet and lmgs.
Apart from that I concur.
I think OKW mp income should be slightly adjusted downward.
17 Feb 2015, 22:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jan 2015, 09:12 AMJohnnyB

1. USF are manpower starvation faction (due to mp bleed in middle and late game - expensive and unreliable infantry);
2. OKW are fuel and somewhat amo starvation faction;
3. Soviets are... no, they aren't starving for anything;
4. Ostheer has all the starvation aspects you can think of: amo, fuel and manpower.

I agree mostly with #4, but i think the first thing is too fix the mg42, atleast!
17 Feb 2015, 23:13 PM
Donator 11

I've seen a lot of OH players have success with assault grenadier doctrine (forgot the name of it).

Actually OST beats USF with that nasty Puma doctrine. Mobile defence?

Puma is a great counter for USF paper armor tanks.
17 Feb 2015, 23:22 PM

Actually OST beats USF with that nasty Puma doctrine. Mobile defence?

Puma is a great counter for USF paper armor tanks.

You know Puma's require micro skills, so pretty sure Axis player would want a A-Move heavy.
17 Feb 2015, 23:43 PM
Donator 11

1. Of course not everybody automatically avoids the mines. I am well aware of that. Its just exponentially easier to avoid them if there is a bloody sign saying "minefield" next to it, n'est-ce pas? Are we seriously gonna have to discuss this?

Just dont spam rifle nades and cap that ammo point.

There is an OST commander with LeFH howi, rigiel mines and concealing comuflage. Should work great against USF.

That mobile defence commander with Puma call-in. Puma (not even a tank) counters all USF armor.
18 Feb 2015, 13:37 PM

Puma counters all allied armor-heh..what is this joke?
18 Feb 2015, 14:36 PM

Puma counters all allied armor-heh..what is this joke?

You should watch Imperial Dane's cast more. He casted numerous games where mobile defense was able to handle T-34s and Shermans, off course with combined arms.
18 Feb 2015, 16:51 PM

You should watch Imperial Dane's cast more. He casted numerous games where mobile defense was able to handle T-34s and Shermans, off course with combined arms.

First jackson out - gg.Bazookas too.Its in no way a optimal solution,will require better playing on part of axis player than allied.
18 Feb 2015, 18:54 PM

Permanently Banned

First jackson out - gg.Bazookas too.Its in no way a optimal solution,will require better playing on part of axis player than allied.

Now you are making shit up.

What sane usf player is gonna waste fuel on zooks and then get a jackson.

Leaving him with no AI ability
18 Feb 2015, 19:22 PM

Now you are making shit up.

What sane usf player is gonna waste fuel on zooks and then get a jackson.

Leaving him with no AI ability

You know that Ostheer gets raped by regular M1 Grands right? Spamming bars is overkill.
18 Feb 2015, 19:52 PM

You know that Ostheer gets raped by regular M1 Grands right? Spamming bars is overkill.

BARs are to continue the Rape once the LMG42 spam begins. Else Rifles are outscaled.
18 Feb 2015, 20:05 PM

BARs are to continue the Rape once the LMG42 spam begins. Else Rifles are outscaled.

LMG42 spam isn't even feasible for Ostheer, the munitions and manpower drain is to great.
18 Feb 2015, 20:10 PM

LMG42 spam isn't even feasible for Ostheer, the munitions and manpower drain is to great.

Yet somehow its in 90% of their games...Since yknow cost as much as a BAR etc etc etc.
18 Feb 2015, 21:08 PM

Yet somehow its in 90% of their games...Since yknow cost as much as a BAR etc etc etc.

Because it's the only thing that allows Grens to keep up with Rifles, they forfeit mines and munitions abilities to get MG 42's on every Grenadier.
18 Feb 2015, 21:17 PM

Because it's the only thing that allows Grens to keep up with Rifles, they forfeit mines and munitions abilities to get MG 42's on every Grenadier.

Sure didnt say they didnt. Just pointed out a fact.

Thats how upgrades work. Not sure what your point is here.

US if they want Upgrades forfeit the same things.
18 Feb 2015, 21:45 PM

Sure didnt say they didnt. Just pointed out a fact.

Thats how upgrades work. Not sure what your point is here.

US if they want Upgrades forfeit the same things.

USF can get away with spamming upgrades while Ostheer cannot, in a competitive game Ostheer will always be struggling with munitions.

And you don't need more than a few BARS to keep up with Grens, while Grens need a lot of support to keep up with Rifles.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS