Login

russian armor

Wehrmacht Ostheer

PAGES (11)down
22 Dec 2014, 03:11 AM

To Vetran COH2 Players:

I've been playing COH2 for awhile now, and the Wehrmacht Ostheer is my favorite. But I've notice that even the best players that play the Wehrmacht Ostheer have a very hard time playing USA 1 v 1. Reason is, Wehrmacht Ostheer is always playing catch up on counter attacks. Basically, building snipers, grens, mgs,and ATs are not good to counter attack and hold supply points in multiple areas. By the time you get tiger out you have 1-2 easy eights/jacksons out against you. I believe the Wehrmacht needs a patch because I'm tired of it.

I appreciate your time.

Thank You,
ICE
22 Dec 2014, 03:31 AM

I've seen a lot of OH players have success with assault grenadier doctrine (forgot the name of it).
22 Dec 2014, 03:54 AM

Its called Mechanized Assault Doctrine. And no, it not good enough. I've played and watched many veteran players lose, Siberian being one of them.
22 Dec 2014, 04:06 AM

Permanently Banned
wehr has a hard time vs usf.

but if u are letting him get 3 ez8's ur doing something very wrong
22 Dec 2014, 04:15 AM

wehr has a hard time vs usf.

but if u are letting him get 3 ez8's ur doing something very wrong

I was saying 1-2 two usually, but overall its just not working very good at all for werhmacht vs USA 1 v 1
22 Dec 2014, 04:26 AM

The problem with Ostheer is two-fold. MG-42's don't do enough suppression and damage to put down incoming American rifleblobs, especially since they have smoke-grenades, and that American rifles base damage on the M1-Garand is just too high. So high that they barely need the upgrades which make them even deadlier.

The M1919 is the greatest offender, add 2x on 2 or more squads and you end up with unstoppable Terminator Space-Marines from Dawn of War.
22 Dec 2014, 05:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Dec 2014, 04:26 AMSierra
The problem with Ostheer is two-fold. MG-42's don't do enough suppression and damage to put down incoming American rifleblobs, especially since they have smoke-grenades, and that American rifles base damage on the M1-Garand is just too high. So high that they barely need the upgrades which make them even deadlier.

The M1919 is the greatest offender, add 2x on 2 or more squads and you end up with unstoppable Terminator Space-Marines from Dawn of War.

That, pretty much. And M8s and M20s.
22 Dec 2014, 06:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Dec 2014, 05:28 AMKhan

That, pretty much. And M8s and M20s.

Those aren't nearly as much of a problem with Panzerfausts.
22 Dec 2014, 07:22 AM

The problem is that if they adjust something to ostheer or to USF it will be a disaster in team games.
It's allready verry hard to win while playing with USF in 2v2, 3v3, etc. If I play with soviets a random 2v2 and my teammate is USF, I usually say "oh shit".

I was ready to say that USF needs a buff, but it's true I didn't play a 1v1 since a long time with axis (I'm a freakin' 2v2 maxim spammer lately and it's working great. The funniest and easiest games ever. People, play soviets, you don't know what you miss :P). Maybe things are changed?!
22 Dec 2014, 08:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Dec 2014, 06:27 AMSierra
Those aren't nearly as much of a problem with Panzerfausts.

If an M8 gets Panzerfaust, you didn't use Cannister Shot, and if you didn't use Cannister Shot, there's no reason you should have an M8 instead of an M20.

Panzerfausts suck against USF anyway because instant critical repair exists. Pop out, repair, pop in. In less than the time it takes for an MG 42 to set up, your engine is ready to go.
22 Dec 2014, 13:17 PM

Permanently Banned

If rifle base damage is nurfed. they need much better vet. rifles are useless once obers hit the field.

also, usf would need more elite infantry

to the op, wait for wehr buff. wehr is tough to play against usf. For now. play OPKW for ur ez wins :foreveralone:
22 Dec 2014, 14:20 PM

For much more easy wins play soviets and do maxim spam. Preferrably with a mate which will do the same thing. You will be amazed by the number of insults/minute you will collect.
22 Dec 2014, 14:45 PM

Permanently Banned

None of those issues are anywhere near as problematic for decent players compared to M20 and M8, although since they patched M8 to not wipe every time, it's less relevant.

The things you mentioned are L2P issues.
22 Dec 2014, 15:11 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post22 Dec 2014, 14:20 PMJohnnyB
For much more easy wins play soviets and do maxim spam. Preferrably with a mate which will do the same thing. You will be amazed by the number of insults/minute you will collect.

maxim spam only works against noobs.

I love it when sov try to t2 spam me. ez wins
22 Dec 2014, 15:39 PM

Keep in mind that the rifle squad also costs more than a gren squad while grens outscale rifles when they get veterancy and LMG upgrades. IF you get that far, that is. But I agree that the early game is very hard.
22 Dec 2014, 21:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Dec 2014, 15:39 PMTNrg

Keep in mind that the rifle squad also costs more than a gren squad while grens outscale rifles when they get veterancy and LMG upgrades. IF you get that far, that is. But I agree that the early game is very hard.

Out-scale rifles? Jesus Christ man, American rifles only cost 40mp more than Grenadiers and they still get 3-levels of Veterancy + 2x LMG Upgrades (BAR or M1919/Doctrinal) and the Bazooka Upgrade. They come with a stock M1-Garand Semi-Auto rifle which already volleys for insane damage.

If anything they scale very well. Bazookas aren't the best Anti-Tank weapon, they don't do much against heavier armor like Panthers and Tigers, but they aren't supposed to either. They are better used against Medium and Light tanks like Panzer IV's, Ostwinds, etc. which they chew up.
22 Dec 2014, 21:34 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post22 Dec 2014, 21:18 PMSierra

Out-scale rifles? Jesus Christ man, American rifles only cost 40mp more than Grenadiers and they still get 3-levels of Veterancy + 2x LMG Upgrades (BAR or M1919/Doctrinal) and the Bazooka Upgrade. They come with a stock M1-Garand Semi-Auto rifle which already volleys for insane damage.

If anything they scale very well. Bazookas aren't the best Anti-Tank weapon, they don't do much against heavier armor like Panthers and Tigers, but they aren't supposed to either. They are better used against Medium and Light tanks like Panzer IV's, Ostwinds, etc. which they chew up.

grens defiantly outscale rifles.

also if u are allowing ur usf opponent to get enough muni for those 1919's

THATS A HUGE L2P ISSUE
22 Dec 2014, 21:44 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

I have got to this thread too late...I apologise :blush:

One of you should have asked the OP to post a replay.. but you did not :(..and so theory craft presides......

Please do not get sucked in to discussing threads on Balance with a novice player, if (s)he does not post a replay about their complaint

I will watch this thread carefully.. and will lock, if it goes too bizarre.
23 Dec 2014, 02:14 AM

I have got to this thread too late...I apologise :blush:

One of you should have asked the OP to post a replay.. but you did not :(..and so theory craft presides......

Please do not get sucked in to discussing threads on Balance with a novice player, if (s)he does not post a replay about their complaint

I will watch this thread carefully.. and will lock, if it goes too bizarre.

You referring to me? I'm definitely not a novice player. I'm just made this post because majority of veteran players would testify that Wehrmacht Ostheer are playing catchup to counter the USA on a 1 v 1 match and very difficult to hold points with Ostheer units vs the USA units. by the time you get tiger out, USA already have the Easy8/Jackson and the victory points are already seriously down to a lose.

Thanks ICE
23 Dec 2014, 04:54 AM

grens defiantly outscale rifles.

also if u are allowing ur usf opponent to get enough muni for those 1919's

THATS A HUGE L2P ISSUE

Okay either you're trolling or you're intentionally ignoring that American rifles have 2x more options than standard Ostheer Grenadiers do when it comes to approaching a situation.

Ostheer Grenadiers - Panzerfaust, LMG-42 Upgrade, (Doctrinal) G-43 Upgrade (Eliminates possibility of LMG-42 Upgrade.), and Rifle Grenade.

American Riflemen - Anti-Tank Grenade (Snare), Frag Grenade, Smoke Grenade, Bazooka, BAR, (Doctrinal) M1919-LMG Upgrade (Does not eliminate possibility for BAR's).

I dunno about your math, but mine is solid on this. That's six options for American Riflemen vs four options for Ostheer Grenadiers!

Not to mention that even without upgrades, American rifles overpower and outclass Ostheer Grenadiers. So where exactly do they begin to outscale American rifles? Or is my definition of scaling as number of options to approach any given situation not correct?
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS