Login

russian armor

For the future of CoH2

5 Dec 2014, 21:22 PM

Yeah, they started with the eastern front, they should continue with it, i'm not against expanding to other fronts but CoH2 is set on the eastern front, most of that game should be on the eastern front, you have done WFA and Ardennes Assault, now turn back to the Motherland!
+1

I so love the OstFront. <444>3

Too many units the armies in game have used not in the game and too many battles left unexplored.
5 Dec 2014, 21:59 PM

I heard Relic might do a big expansion on the Kursk battle for CoH2.
5 Dec 2014, 22:51 PM
Honorary Member Badge

I doubt that we will get more pure TOW like before; I don't think it sold too well

I would expect a Kursk equivalent of Ardennes Assault
5 Dec 2014, 22:58 PM

AFRICAN FRONT, FFS, IT'S THE BEST ONE BY FAR, ERWIN ROMMEL, BRITS, ENGLISH, AND SEXY SKINS FOR TANKS AND INF.
5 Dec 2014, 23:14 PM

Pacific, because it can add Japs and Brits (campaign set on Singapur region and Indonesia)
6 Dec 2014, 01:32 AM

Pacific for the late-game kamikaze call-ins in 4v4.
6 Dec 2014, 01:59 AM

Pacific front for Japan.
I can't wait.
6 Dec 2014, 02:23 AM

I'm all for more Eastern front! VCoh only focused on the battle of Normandy, and Ardennes assault was obviously narrow in focus as well.

I feel like relic did a poor job trying to squeeze the entirety of the Eastern theater of the war into one short campaign(never mind the fact that the missions themselves were pretty dull).

With Ardennes assault relic proved that they are still capable of delivering high quality campaign content with engaging game play and story for the complete package. Think about what they could do by focusing on telling the story of one battle, like Stalingrad or Kursk. I'd love for them to expand upon the campaign map system of Ardennes to create something really cool. And I'd like to be able to play as the Germans, of course.
6 Dec 2014, 04:19 AM

I wish theyd pan out more with some of the stuff thats new in coh2.

For instance the airbourne drop mechanics are really cool. but it only affects one faction with one particlar doctrine. It'd be cool if fallschirmjagers were exposed to similiar mechanics in how they deploy (and be affected by blizzards to). Also they should make it so other air based abilities alter their affectiveness based on if theres infantry providing sight etc etc

I also wish theyd work on blizzards some. I feel like blizzards as is, are just a neat idea they had that they realized didnt work too well, and they just keep it around because it was a major feature on release. They could still make it work with further tweaking I think. For instance if they made it so troops can survive longer in blizzard conditions, it wouldnt feel like you have to go in to "fireplace hopping" mode when a blizzard comes up. And there could just be more interesting blizzard play, like using the limited visibility to attack heavily defended areas. sneaking past MGs is much easier if they cant see you.
6 Dec 2014, 07:33 AM
Benefactor 392

As it would be awesome to make a pacific campaign i think it'd be hard for the devs to creat something from scratch, so the Italy africa front would be the most ideal and realistic
6 Dec 2014, 19:39 PM

Why for the African front Afrika Korps VS Commonwealth? It's similar to Western Front 3rd Army VS OKW.
Afrika Korps had only 5 divisions, the italians sent more than 20!
6 Dec 2014, 20:18 PM

New factions can be considered only if they are allowed to play with themselves (as in, Afrika Korps could fight only against Desert Rats). Balancing four factions is already a chore.
6 Dec 2014, 21:17 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Disrespectful post #32 invised. Please stop posting nonsense :)

Back to topic...
6 Dec 2014, 21:45 PM

I don't get why people want 1942 factions so bad, they would be incomparable with the late-1944 factions, and split the player-base in two or be wildly underpowered in MP. People say Italy / Japan / Romania etc but do you really want a faction where all the tanks are T-70's and M5's and the heavy call-in is the Panzer IV Ausf. F1?
6 Dec 2014, 22:51 PM

I don't get why people want 1942 factions so bad, they would be incomparable with the late-1944 factions, and split the player-base in two or be wildly underpowered in MP. People say Italy / Japan / Romania etc but do you really want a faction where all the tanks are T-70's and M5's and the heavy call-in is the Panzer IV Ausf. F1?

I have to agree, the right thing for me is to put commanders of other nations (Jap / Eng / eng / between / right etc ...)for all faction , but in the end if I have to cry in Aramaic to see one drop a commander (not buy them ever would you like relic) at some point are only good balances and maps.
6 Dec 2014, 23:05 PM

What a lot of people really want (IMO) is the British faction. Could adding only that one more Allies faction and not adding a third Axis faction be agreeable?

Would give some more incentive to players to play Allies as that side would have 3 factions for more variety.
6 Dec 2014, 23:16 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

What a lot of people really want (IMO) is the British faction. Could adding only that one more Allies faction and not adding a third Axis faction be agreeable?

Would give some more incentive to players to play Allies as that side would have 3 factions for more variety.

I speak here only for myself, not staff.;)

I would be astonished, frankly, if current posters want the Britz back as they were. I certainly would find it abhorrent. I am not just talking Glider-abuse (before my time) but also 'Roo abuse and latterly. Staghound abuse.

6 Dec 2014, 23:17 PM

Imo the British Commonwealth is the last powerhouse country in the war. Of late-war Germany, the USSR, the USA, and the Commonwealth, the latter is the only one not yet portrayed. These armies had solid infantry, solid tanks, solid weaponry. All other examples had either inferior infantry, inferior tanks, inferior weapons, or all of the above. Germany's allies relied on German equipment and/or were never far from German lines, while Japan used extensive fortifications, island-hopping tactics, and their powerful Navy and Air Forces.

Some examples can't even exercise their chief advantage in a game like CoH2. Take the Japan, how are you going to represent the IJA's extensive defense network that gave them the advantage they needed to even stay in the war? When America invaded a Japanese Island, traps were already set everywhere, mines laid everywhere, ambushers were everywhere, and tunnels allowed troops to move unseen and stay safe from months of artillery bombardment.

People might ask for Japan, but nobody says anything about how they will be competitive in 1v1 without also being overpowered in mixed 2v2. The only way would be to segregate the factions or take the ToW route and ban a very large array of powerful units that those factions possess, including medium tanks.
6 Dec 2014, 23:21 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Imo the British faction is the last 'good' country in the war. They had solid infantry, solid tanks, solid weaponry. All other examples had either inferior infantry, inferior tanks, inferior weapons, or all of the above.

But...it's how Relic translates this into gameplay...;)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★