Login

russian armor

For the future of CoH2

7 Dec 2014, 18:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Dec 2014, 16:43 PMspajn
I don't want British, they already were in coh1 and we don't need them again.

We already had Germans in CoH1, I vote we remove German factions from CoH2.
7 Dec 2014, 18:44 PM

I do not agree with this to remove the Germans think that the German army and Soviet upgrade I would like in the next patch in ostheer and the Soviets tanks could shoot missiles anti-tank mines and side blasts can be so new weapons unit of the latest patch and the modernization of weapons and vehicles
7 Dec 2014, 18:44 PM

We have 4 fractions Germans.
The creation of the Western Front was a mistake.
I suggest to the USSR against Japan, it is fair to have more Soviets in CoH2,
And Japan's new faction would be more interesting and unusual
7 Dec 2014, 18:50 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Italy could be addable with a unit composition similar to USF with only medium tanks but effective ones. Would be a nice mirrored faction for the Axis side.

But that means pressing the retreat button for the whole game ;)
7 Dec 2014, 19:02 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Dec 2014, 15:17 PMWiFiDi
oh god more than 4 factions scares me the game will then be impossible to balance. :(

i think i'd prefer an rehaul or update to the old factions before move on to new factions if ever might be best if they don't make new factions.

QFT
7 Dec 2014, 19:06 PM
Patrion 14

Torch landings to the Gothic Line.

A new German faction (Heeresgruppe C) and easily the most interesting Allied force ever assembled in WW2 - Brits, Aussies, Kiwis, Yanks, Free French with Moroccan auxiliaries, Indians, Poles, Brazilians (yes, they had a contingent), Canadian commando units and I'm sure there's some I forgot.

The Americans and Brits used airborne, the Germans had the 'Green Devils' at Cassino, there's a wide range of terrain (up to lake Commachio at the end where the British Royal Marines fought the Wehrmacht) you've got Partisans, Italian SS and almost every unit in the CoH roster.

In short, it's a no-brainer.
7 Dec 2014, 19:09 PM

Maybe relic will try to make upgrades of weapons or the effective destruction of tanks using destroyers tanks on the eastern front shown on the movie https:\/\/www. youtube. com\/watch?v=eDbFdngVOJk
7 Dec 2014, 19:24 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Torch landings to the Gothic Line.

A new German faction (Heeresgruppe C) and easily the most interesting Allied force ever assembled in WW2 - Brits, Aussies, Kiwis, Yanks, Free French with Moroccan auxiliaries, Indians, Poles, Brazilians (yes, they had a contingent), Canadian commando units and I'm sure there's some I forgot.

The Americans and Brits used airborne, the Germans had the 'Green Devils' at Cassino, there's a wide range of terrain (up to lake Commachio at the end where the British Royal Marines fought the Wehrmacht) you've got Partisans, Italian SS and almost every unit in the CoH roster.

In short, it's a no-brainer.

It's a nice idea, but it would have to be SP with several Commanders (IMO).I mean: can you see Relic balancing Ghurkas, Sikhs, Kiwis, Aussies, Brazilians, Poles, Free French, Canadians and a new Heer all in one game as MP? (Not forgetting the Cypriots, who provided a battalion, if not a division). That's approximately as many as 9 new armies.
7 Dec 2014, 20:13 PM

Polish Faction

Assuming all hope for Esports is gone and it's all about lulz.

Cheap land mines. Anti-infantry and Anti-vehicle. Anti-vehicle is more expensive. Neither are extremely effective but can be spammed.

Cheap Tech buildings.

Stolen Axis equipment for 5-man support crews.(MG34,german mortars.)37mm AT guns are cheap, spammable. Stolen Axis crew weapons are more expensive than they would be for Germany due to the cost of "acquisition". Perform largely the same.

Basic engineer squads are saboteurs. Equipped with homemade SMGs. 3 man team, poor combat ability. Can plant mines, plant demo charges. Can upgrade to 1x Homemade flamethrower.

Basic infantry squads are 4 man partisan squad equipped with Kar98. Have comparable stats to Conscripts(because their aim really shouldn't be worse). Can upgrade to 4x SMGs, 2x LMG, 4x Semi-auto rifles, 2x Homemade Flamethrowers. Can throw grenades and plant mines.

AT squads come standard with 2 AT rifles. Can upgrade to Panzerschrecks. Can use panzerfausts. Can plant mines.

All infantry units can deploy in buildings.
All infantry units can upgrade to or come standard with ambush camo. Can upgrade survivability.
All infantry units can create cover similar to the bush creating mechanic from the Soviet Campaign sniper mission.
All infantry units have 5 tiers of vet. Fast vet on the first three tiers, slow vet on the final two. This allows them to remain competitive against Axis infantry late game in gunfights while still requiring proper positioning.

Stolen Axis vehicles as well as some homemade creations make up the vehicle roster.
Tech vehicles would include nothing heavier than a StuG. 5 tiers of vet for the vehicles. This simulates their growth from student drivers into battle-hardened crewmen. Allows them to keep pace with comparable Axis vehicles.

Commander related abilities would have to do with troop training(Silent Unseen), rapid recruitment to replace losses, light artillery barrage, rare stolen equipment available for use (Pak40, stolen Panther). The commanders would have to be worked on by better men than me for dat balance.

Basic outline. Would this faction be balanced or good? Probably not. But tell me you wouldn't have fun covering the field in mines and stomping the Ubermensch with dudes in driver caps.

8 Dec 2014, 08:08 AM

Knowing how Relic operates, I bet they will make more stuff no one wants..

more standalone mini single player campaigns.
8 Dec 2014, 08:47 AM

My wish is not in the poll, as i would like to see an Africa front expansion.
8 Dec 2014, 09:38 AM
Honorary Member Badge

It's a nice idea, but it would have to be SP with several Commanders (IMO).I mean: can you see Relic balancing Ghurkas, Sikhs, Kiwis, Aussies, Brazilians, Poles, Free French, Canadians and a new Heer all in one game as MP? (Not forgetting the Cypriots, who provided a battalion, if not a division). That's approximately as many as 9 new armies.

Actually I will be setting myself the task of working through most of these...
8 Dec 2014, 10:14 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Dec 2014, 08:08 AMShang
Knowing how Relic operates, I bet they will make more stuff no one wants..

more standalone mini single player campaigns.

many people want it. just not the people in this forum
8 Dec 2014, 10:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Dec 2014, 08:47 AMSlaYoU
My wish is not in the poll, as i would like to see an Africa front expansion.

Mediterranean & Balkans includes Africa (north & east africa).
Mediterranean Sea includes Italy, Balkans, Southern France, Spain, North Africa, Middle East, Turkey.
And why not, East Africa too.
8 Dec 2014, 10:30 AM

I have only a question: i don't know why you want so many german factions? We have the allies that are the Soviets and the Americans, why not the british: 3 different nations. And then we have the Ostheer and OKW: 2 factions from the same nation ... seriously a 3rd? There's no reason to call it Axis VS Allies, it's simply Germany VS Allies.
8 Dec 2014, 10:59 AM

After finished Ardennes Assault, i thought that next step would be the Berlin assault. But not sure that it is historicaly interesting.
8 Dec 2014, 12:58 PM
Patrion 14

You'd have two allied factions, US and Commonwealth, with different units representing the armies I mentioned above.

Heergruppe 'C' would have Germans (including the full Herman Goering field division and paras) as well as Italian auxiliaries.
8 Dec 2014, 12:59 PM

I would like to see a Afrika theme as the Afrikakorps vs the Brits under Montgomery.

This would include some new and interesting tanks (Panzer 3 for Afrikakorps and Crusader for the Brits) and some things we already know from vCoH, most important the 8.8 FlaK because it was used very often in the desert as a AT gun.
8 Dec 2014, 13:19 PM

I would like to see a Afrika theme as the Afrikakorps vs the Brits under Montgomery.

This would include some new and interesting tanks (Panzer 3 for Afrikakorps and Crusader for the Brits) and some things we already know from vCoH, most important the 8.8 FlaK because it was used very often in the desert as a AT gun.

Why only Afrika Korps?
Oh yes, true, Libya was a german colony, in the african campaign (north & east) the battles were fought between Germany and the Commonwealth, The Oberkommando der Wehrmacht was the organization that made decisions, Rommel didn't follow Italian High Command Control, etc.
Man, you said: Afrikakorps VS Brits under Monty, it similar to 3rd Army under Patton VS Westheer ... the other allied units who fought in France 1944 (americans, british, canadian, polish, french)?
Afrikakorps had only 5 divisions (4 in El Alamein, 1 after was sent in Afrika after El Alamein), the italians sent more than 24 divisions (why 24, because 24 divisions are the divisions lost in Africa and never reorganized)
8 Dec 2014, 13:32 PM

What the future of CoH 2 needs is the devs' entire focus on gameplay and balance issues if they really want to see this game becoming esports. No more DLC commanders that will just bring more problems right after the old ones are fixed.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★