Login

russian armor

Open Beta Changelog

PAGES (14)down
22 Oct 2014, 02:58 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Now this looks like a fucking PATCH, folks. Pretty excited by what I'm seeing.
22 Oct 2014, 03:12 AM

Hooray, glory days are coming.
22 Oct 2014, 03:18 AM

Good change thanks! MURICA time! :D

Any idea when this is to go live?
22 Oct 2014, 03:22 AM

Good change thanks! MURICA time! :D

Any idea when this is to go live?

As per Cynthia, before the end of October (so realistically, sometime next week!)
22 Oct 2014, 03:25 AM

Turns out there was a problem with old alienFX version compatibility and they just fixed it so I can play now. :clap:

She also said that the missing factions are unintentional and that they will be fixing it tomorrow. So it seems its OKW and USF only tonight.
22 Oct 2014, 03:26 AM

As per Cynthia, before the end of October (so realistically, sometime next week!)
What are you talking about, it's out right now. Should be right there in your steam library.
22 Oct 2014, 03:27 AM

What are you talking about, it's out right now. Should be right there in your steam library.

The ACTUAL patch. For the live build.
22 Oct 2014, 03:27 AM

He meant it will go live as the main game version sometime next week.

Edit: Ninja'd :ph34r:
22 Oct 2014, 03:29 AM

The ACTUAL patch. For the live build.

Not for live, no. I figured this wouldn't go live until the ardenness release, but anyone can play on the beta whenever, so it might as well be live.
1 of 2 Relic postsRelic 22 Oct 2014, 03:41 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Not for live, no. I figured this wouldn't go live until the ardenness release, but anyone can play on the beta whenever, so it might as well be live.

There will be another Patch before the end of October. We are even calling it the October patch!

It might just be a .GIF of a dancing pumpkin.

(I am completely kidding, plz don't hate me)

The final October patch will be everything that is in this Beta (possibly with some minor tweaks based on feedback and data we pull after having certain features in front of a larger game-playing population) plus some other stuff we have not yet confirmed and shared yet.

We have some feedback threads going in our forums, in order to try and condense some of the comments and feedback we get. Feel free to stop by and share your thoughts!

22 Oct 2014, 03:47 AM

Cool thanks for the answers everyone! :)

Yeah, I will eventually download the beta version as well but will have to stretch it over a couple of months due to bandwidth restrictions.

Looking forward to this patch though, mainly just because of the BAR buff and Kubel nerf. All the extras are icing on the cake :D
22 Oct 2014, 03:49 AM

There will be another Patch before the end of October. We are even calling it the October patch!

It might just be a .GIF of a dancing pumpkin.

(I am completely kidding, plz don't hate me)

The final October patch will be everything that is in this Beta (possibly with some minor tweaks based on feedback and data we pull after having certain features in front of a larger game-playing population) plus some other stuff we have not yet confirmed and shared yet.

We have some feedback threads going in our forums, in order to try and condense some of the comments and feedback we get. Feel free to stop by and share your thoughts!

Interesting. What's so special about this patch that it needs a special beta. Spectator mode? Or is this just how relic's doing patches now?
2 of 2 Relic postsRelic 22 Oct 2014, 04:01 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Interesting. What's so special about this patch that it needs a special beta. Spectator mode? Or is this just how relic's doing patches now?

We wanted to do it this time around, and get feedback since it's a significant update. It may happen again in the future, but we will likely still release stuff without open betas and continue to utilize our internal testing team and the Alpha group.

Some things just require more people in the game. It's a case by case call regarding what we think is best :)
22 Oct 2014, 04:14 AM

We wanted to do it this time around, and get feedback since it's a significant update. It may happen again in the future, but we will likely still release stuff without open betas and continue to utilize our internal testing team and the Alpha group.

Some things just require more people in the game. It's a case by case call regarding what we think is best :)

Sounds good Cynthia, but i really do wish the open beta is allowed for all patches
22 Oct 2014, 05:11 AM
Patrion 14

IL-2 Precision Bombing Run
The bombs will now fall one after the other in a linear path. This extends the radius of damage, preventing a single concentrated attack from being executed. This is offset by the introduction of directional behavior which provides more control of how the bombs are distributed.

My Question is: Can you direct the path it will take? Like the Stuka zu Fuss?

Stationary Howitzers
We will monitor the performance of this unit post change and take action as needed.

Team Weapons
Team weapons will no longer automatically set up when issued a move order.
Retreating weapon teams will no longer suffer a delay in movement if an entity is killed during the retreat.
Weapon teams can no longer have their retreat broken once the order is issued.

This took a long time. The more im happy this is fixed now.

Combat Engineers
Now use a unique version of the Mosin Nagant rifle
Manpower cost from 180 to 170

Why? 180 mp is already pretty cheap.

Ostruppen given 1.2 armor

This makes no sense to me. Thanks cruzz for finding out.

EDIT: I don't want to sound negative, most of the other changes sound really great!
22 Oct 2014, 05:27 AM

Oh hell yes, a lot has happened between Europe's night-time. :hyper:

I was a bit worried because I don't have time to play CoH2 anymore this week that much but if the patch is coming next week.. Well, it's going to be game week.
22 Oct 2014, 05:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2014, 00:20 AMCruzz

Paratrooper lieutenant/captain bonuses removed, accuracy bonus at vet2 nerfed back from 1.4 to 1.25*
EZ8 400/145 --> 380/140, Armor 215 --> 200
Ostruppen given 1.2 armor

:huhsign:

These ones just seem so random
22 Oct 2014, 05:36 AM

The notes look actually really good and interesting.

If JT change will be good enough to discourage mosrt OKW players from going for it, then allies will finally be able to utilize normal medium armor against OKW infantry.

While I shall contain my hype, I'm looking forward to the patch and following changes as it dose seem like relic balance team have finally pulled their heads out of their butts.
22 Oct 2014, 05:40 AM
Donator 33

I downloaded the beta, own both WFA and base game and only able to use the WFA armies. Anyone else experiencing this? Ive verified the files and its all there.
22 Oct 2014, 05:44 AM

It is a bug with the beta.
PAGES (14)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment