3 Oct 2014, 19:32 PM
Donator 11

You have a Bug or a Balnce Issue?

come join the COH2 Issue Tracker!! :)

https://trello.com/b/n9Gdhc9f/coh2-issue-tracker

3 Oct 2014, 19:32 PM
Coder Red Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Oct 2014, 19:17 PMAbdul

What was his special way to dealing with PE?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSz5-ym_Qg4&list=PLXJOCXNjeJuxX76tZh2a1g2Lh4PgjUTBU&index=2

Basically relying on infantry for a lot longer than anyone thought was safe, but using infantry support upgrades and buildings to buy time for more efficient later-game tech. Pretty much a complete 180 from the standard fast M8.

There is one problem in what you describe. If a developer makes a faction or balance changes and has no idea how to deal with it in game he is throwing his customers in murky water and asking them to find their way on their own.

In a sense that is what relic did with the kubel. They over buffed it, but had no idea how to counter it. When I presented Peter with all the evidence about the kubel his position was something to the effect "people need some time to adapt". I disagree with this approach, they need to have a better idea what those changes are going to do to the game before introducing them.

A developer can have a pretty damn good idea of how a change is going to affect the game, but they're not omniscient. They're also rarely top players themselves, because it's a bit hard to find the time and motivation to play a game enough to become very good at it for anybody, let alone someone who works on said game every single day. Peter himself actually wrote a very enlightening article on this very subject...

http://pqumsieh.com/2014/01/27/balancing-multiplayer-games-part-1/

You can use math and intuition to make the best changes you possibly can, but at the end of the day you have to settle on something, and then you have to pass it on to players far better than yourself and see how they use your changes. And you need to give those players time, because people don't change instantly, especially when what they were doing before was working perfectly fine.

The original Starcraft was rarely patched, yet the metagame was constantly evolving and strategies were constantly becoming stronger and weaker. Dota 2's 6.81 patch was out for months, but if you looked at games played during its first month and games played during its last you'd think they were entirely different patches. You can't just look at a patch with major changes a week or two after release and make definitive judgements about balance. You can make guesses, sure, and you can point out areas of concern, but it doesn't make sense to change things until the metagame settles down.

SO Inverse, what are your suggestions to help fix the game. It seems like you are suggesting that this game is beyond saving

CoH2 is never going to be a game I want to play, because its core design doesn't appeal to me. I've posted a lot about why, so I won't harp on it anymore. I'm beyond being upset that the game isn't what I wanted it to be. But I'll share another article from Peter's blog, since I've been reading through it today and really enjoying his work...

http://pqumsieh.com/2014/01/08/compelling-game-design/

He asks "How does a game stimulate the player?" and goes on to provide an interesting list of design elements, taking examples from vCoH, DotA, and Street Fighter. Most of them, in my opinion, are missing from CoH2.
3 Oct 2014, 19:52 PM

Inverse is right here.
3 Oct 2014, 20:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Oct 2014, 18:53 PMNoun

While we definitely read COH2.ORG and value the contributions people make here, our focus in communicating is generally going to be on our own forums. We'll pop in here once and awhile but are focused on working on the game itself.

What you are saying is that you are not caring about this website, in more company-related language.

You are making a huge mistake, your key-players are here and not at the very poorly graphically designed website of companyofheroes.com. Yes I said it, the layout is a mess.

Related quote on another topic;

The time that companies communicated behind doors and only brought out vague comments to the outside world has passed a long time. If they can't communicate more open to a community of more than 8000 members, they will take the loss. Some of us will keep on playing, but if the keyfigures of the game go over to another game, the game is doomed.

Let me be clear, the following keyplayers / coh2 related things are on a serious break / left the game / are not active / not serious anymore about the game;

- Ipkai
- Ami
- Reborn
- Rogers (RNP)
- Milka
- SNF (streams are off since ... ?)
- Rewind
- Siberian
- HelpingHans
- ESL
- So much more I can't think of right now.

(Sorry if I wrote your name and you're very active and positive about the game)
This should be alarming for Relic, and they should see this as TOP priority to gain them back.

It's not just a few players who lost interest,. It's about streaming, charismatic people, community keyplayers, ... It's about losing your ambassadors of the game.
Some people who are into marketing know the word Ambassador is widely used and seen as one of the main focusses of companies, in Europe it is. Get ambassadors and they spread the word.

I've seen it with my own eyes in Enemy Territory.
The pro's leave to another game, the caster and competitive designers go? Well the scene is as death as a turtle trying to cross a highway.

They need to see this community as a TOOL they can use.
In that scenario, we would win and they would win.
3 Oct 2014, 20:18 PM

Permanently Banned
3 Oct 2014, 20:20 PM

well, if that isnt a huge F.U. i dont know what is. lol
3 Oct 2014, 20:33 PM

Having a additional server won't really cost anything more.
I say again cost is tight to load balancing. the number of virtual machine don't really matter. having another virtual machine running the beta won't change the load balance since it's the same pool of player.

It's like 1 big virtual server running on a server farm cost the same thing as 3 virtual server running on the same hardware. But if you increase the number of player beyond the physical machine capability then you will see performance degradation, so you would then have to increase the physical computer farm and the cost of maintenance would go up.

On an other topic, COH2's gameplay would be closer to vcoh (and better )if we could have more options to counter the tech the other side is using.

As an example :

If Coh2 commander's abilities could be set-up in tiers (2 abilities per tier or rows), so we could choose which one of the 2 commander's abilities we want to use on each tier/row. That way we would be more able to counter what the other is doing.

That would go like this:
First you choose your commander when you are ready, then you would have a choice of 2 abilities to choose from each tier/row. So each commander would need to have 6 abilities or powers, but you would only choose 3 to play with.

That would also work with commanders having 8 abilities or powers, then we would choose 1 of the 2 within the four rows. and so on...

That is the part of vcoh i miss the most: counter teching
By using what i described above you would preserve the commander selection design intact and also the ability to sell them, but it would give us a lot more flexibility.

Thanks.
P.S. Hey people stay positive, computer's game can be more easily upgraded than a bridge or a 50 stories building. Have some hope !

3 Oct 2014, 20:39 PM

Noun is Leaving OCT 17th

Good luck Noon ! Thanks for all your efforts.
3 Oct 2014, 20:40 PM

I must say that it is discouraging for a casual player like me to read this thread. I really wanted CoH2 to exceed vCoH but it seems like we've reached this game's maximum potential when most of the prominent individuals of the community are starting to leave or already have left. I'm just happy that we still got a few stubborn people left like VonIvan and Romeo (and a few others) that are streaming regularly and entertaining us.
3 Oct 2014, 20:57 PM
Patrion 14

This thread is.. i don´t know what it is..

What you are saying is that you are not caring about this website, in more company-related language.

You are making a huge mistake, your key-players are here and not at the very poorly graphically designed website of companyofheroes.com. Yes I said it, the layout is a mess.

Related quote on another topic;

The time that companies communicated behind doors and only brought out vague comments to the outside world has passed a long time. If they can't communicate more open to a community of more than 8000 members, they will take the loss. Some of us will keep on playing, but if the keyfigures of the game go over to another game, the game is doomed.

Let me be clear, the following keyplayers / coh2 related things are on a serious break / left the game / are not active / not serious anymore about the game;

- Ipkai
- Ami
- Reborn
- Rogers (RNP)
- Milka
- SNF (streams are off since ... ?)
- Rewind
- Siberian
- HelpingHans
- ESL
- So much more I can't think of right now.

(Sorry if I wrote your name and you're very active and positive about the game)
This should be alarming for Relic, and they should see this as TOP priority to gain them back.

It's not just a few players who lost interest,. It's about streaming, charismatic people, community keyplayers, ... It's about losing your ambassadors of the game.
Some people who are into marketing know the word Ambassador is widely used and seen as one of the main focusses of companies, in Europe it is. Get ambassadors and they spread the word.

I've seen it with my own eyes in Enemy Territory.
The pro's leave to another game, the caster and competitive designers go? Well the scene is as death as a turtle trying to cross a highway.

They need to see this community as a TOOL they can use.
In that scenario, we would win and they would win.

Good post. I noticed how many lets call them key community members left over the time or changed the sound of there posts from a supportive to a critical style. The same happend with the key community members and players of CoH1 after the steam migration. Well you can still play CoH1 but the community never recovered from this hughe setback.
3 Oct 2014, 21:03 PM

Add Noun, but also remove Hans, he went to college in Japan, he didn't leave because he's sick of us, he left because he had to.
3 Oct 2014, 21:07 PM

Add Noun, but also remove Hans, he went to college in Japan, he didn't leave because he's sick of us, he left because he had to.

Never let facts get in the way of your message.
4 Oct 2014, 03:42 AM

From reading this forum topic over, my final summation of peoples complains is that the product (coh2) is not being properly serviced.

Gamers are sometimes fickle about the details of how they want company's to provide their services, but I think in this game its pretty clear.

We want balance in all game modes, we want interesting game play, we want bugs to be fixed, and most of all, we want communication as to when and how these things are being addressed.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS