Rewind Events Summer Cup
Event in Progress
Thread: Poster from Relic31 Jul 2014, 15:24 PM
Hmm, we'll discard that gold pen I guess. Sorry about that.
Thread: It's time Relic to finish the job with coh!30 Jul 2014, 15:56 PM
I'll pass on the requests (both for updates to the existing game and the HD version).
I just know that as a fan of games myself I tend to think that HD relaunches are kind of crappy except in situations where there's no longer a way to play an old game.
The Halo release for example is interesting because I don't have an original XBox anymore, and I've bought Mario 3 and Nintendo Ice Hockey for the Wii U because I don't own a NES.
Thread: It's time Relic to finish the job with coh!29 Jul 2014, 23:52 PM
29 Jul 2014, 22:11 PMPingPing
Let's simulate the actual result of your HD idea as a brief 1 act play I wrote.
Relic: Hey we've applied some balance fixes and new HD graphics to vCoH and you can buy it now for $30! Great news!
Community: So you fixed a few bugs that you should have fixed five years ago and took the community's balance suggestions and are charging $30 for it? Relic sucks. SEGA sucks. You suck. Fire Noun he's a dirtbag!
Relic: But new graphics.
Community: We don't care about graphics, these new graphics aren't as good as the old ones. The graphics make the game run slower on my machine.
Relic: But you asked for this.
Community: Nobody asked to pay $30 for a game we already own.
Even if everyone on COH2.ORG loved it and bought 10 copies we'd still be hundreds of thousands of copies short of even breaking even on something like this.
We feel that it's better to support our current players who already bought CoH, rather than to close it and try to make them buy CoH 2015.
Thread: US faction able to go at will over population cap (normal?)29 Jul 2014, 21:16 PM
29 Jul 2014, 18:24 PMBrutusHR
This is not what a bug is. It's a result of design choices, and we know about it.
In: COH2 Balance
Thread: Relic's PQ, noun and other guy, twitch stream.29 Jul 2014, 17:53 PM
We don't have an Observer Mode in the game currently and have not announced that we're working on one. However we've stated that it's on a list of features we intend to add to the game.
Thread: Relic's PQ, noun and other guy, twitch stream.29 Jul 2014, 17:09 PM
- Facebook, Twitter, Google+ (yeah I know nobody uses Google+)
- The video has been up for 5 days (since broadcast): http://www.twitch.tv/relicentertainment/b/550885304
- we'll be showing you some cool stuff moving forward but we're not going to show you everything that's going to happen. We like to maintain an air of mystery, plus nothing leads to community disapointment faster than showing off something when it's not ready yet
- I'm not the technical guy, but if you mean the option to select stream/bandwidth speeds then that's in the works. However given that it requires a Twitch partnership now that's trickier. We're part of a fairly large multinational company and the legal process to get something like that approved is difficult. There's revenue sharing and ownership of content issues included in contracts like that that individual streamers don't have to worry about but a corporation does. We don't want to do something where for example Twitch/Google ends up owning Sonic the Hedgehog (crazy example but that's how lawyers think).
Thread: Relic's PQ, noun and other guy, twitch stream.29 Jul 2014, 15:58 PM
- Stream was announced 24 hour previously and again when it happened.
- We are working on audio issues
- Nothing like that was ever said about Observer Mode
But thanks for the feedback. We'll be doing these at least weekly going forward so hopefully you'll tune in next time!
Thread: It's time Relic to finish the job with coh!29 Jul 2014, 00:31 AM
Patch notes (which I basically gave already) as well as a place for feedback that the dev team will be checking: http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes/company-of-heroes-general-discussion/81079-company-of-heroes-update-beta
Thread: It's time Relic to finish the job with coh!29 Jul 2014, 00:24 AM
The upcoming patch is now up as a beta.
To join the beta:
- Right Click "Company of Heroes (New Steam Version)
- Select "Properties"
- Select the "Betas" tab from the pop-up menu
- Select "Beta -" from the drop down menu
- Close the pop-up menu
The game will then update to the beta version.
Thread: It's time Relic to finish the job with coh!28 Jul 2014, 19:38 PM
Sure. The issues that should be addressed this week (if all goes well) are:
Apologies, this previous list was stuff that had been broken by the update that we fixed.
Here's the list of updates:
- Ghost Games
- Account Creation - like in CoH2
- Offline Mode
There's a few other minor things.