Yesterday, 14:43 PMHirmetrium
- What is the intention for duplicates?
- How long must we wait for duplicates to have value?
- What about the leveling system, and content that used to be tied to it?
- Is the leveling system now redundant?
- Why is content that was free on progression now tied to a randomised loot system with paid for content?
- What is the estimated "loot treadmill" length? Should it be possible to get all content?
- Why is there no way to earn any of the content, through achievements as well as war spoils?
- How does the War Spoils system work? (Exactly?)
- What about AFK farmers?
- Are you planning to do any events ala Mass Effect 3 that reward players with permanent items (special skins, commanders, etc)
- Duplicates currently serve the purpose of letting people know they have a drop. We have a limited amount of content and if you didn't get duplicates you may go days, weeks or more without actually getting a War Spoils drop. That would be even more frustrating than the duplicate situation, since you wouldn't know if you were doing the right things or not.
As we add more content into the system there will be less duplicates. And as we said we're working to develop the system so that duplicates are useful and have value.
You mention the Alpha and I think that's a good point, especially when we're talking duplicates. Originally War Spoils many items were going to be timed items, so you'd get a Commander that would last say 3 days. The intention was that with duplicates you'd be able to recharge your items. So if you had a Commander with 5 hours left you'd use that duplicate faceplate to add an extra 12 hours.
The feedback in the Alpha was strongly against timed items for War Spoils, and we responded which left us in the current situation where there are duplicates but they (currently) do not have a point. As we improve the system they will again, and it'll be a better point than just recharging items.
- We'll let you know closer to that point.
- You were given that content. We granted all our existing users as of June 23 every piece of legacy progression system content as a goodwill measure.
- You were given that content.
- It may be possible for some people, it may not be possible for others. However it shouldn't be possible to do it in a month.
- You play the game (except campaign) and when you've played for X amount of time you get randomized content. What army you're playing increases the chance of that army's content dropping.
- This is meant for rewarding players for the behavior they exhibited before the War Spoils system was introduced, playing the game. If people want to spend their time trying to get around that, then that's up to them. It's much more fun to play the game, but hey, whatever.
- You never know.