Login

russian armor

RELIC: how about an update_news_something

PAGES (9)down
3 Oct 2014, 00:06 AM

So far I am still personally displeased in the way Relic runs things. The amount of failures and bugs occurring in the past few months have really accumulated into one big pile of awfulness. Though Relic has improved it's outreach into the community sort of, I am still not satisfied in the way Relic decides whether to take said advice on balance or especially bugs overall. We need an obvious re-work of things designed to not keep the community as the lowest adviser on the scale of people Relic rely on to help them improve balance, bugs, and the game in general(and when I mean community, I mean everyone....yes even some fanbois....not just like 3-4 people....). #RemoveNDA :snfQuinn:

Also focusing more heavily on SP rather than MP really contradicts the "we are fully contributing time on balance" statement Relic keeps releasing. More like: "We are focusing completely on SP for now, and until it's released anything else you guys are complaining about will be ignored due to our limited time slots".
3 Oct 2014, 02:22 AM
Patrion 14

jeez can some ppl in this thread be more dramatic?

as to relic: how about streamlining how the balance patch is made? i don't know how it is done now but since you guys have limited manpower and seems to be unable to meet the expectations of the community to the extent where some ppl feel cheated/ignored, you guys have to find a way to become more efficient.
3 Oct 2014, 02:45 AM

I don't feel cheated but I do feel ignored. I just wish Relic would give more information than "sorry can't talk, NDA, we think we love you" *vanish*
3 Oct 2014, 02:51 AM

A lot of overdramatic crap in this thread tbh. Why are so many people saying that they're going to "leave" the game or the community ? Who cares ? Just play whenever you want. There is absolutely no reason to announce that you leave the game.

Nonetheless I think the way the game has developd since the WFA release is terrible and it's obvious that relic is focusing on the campaign instead of fixing all the bugs and balance issues that break the multiplayer atm.

3 Oct 2014, 03:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Oct 2014, 18:53 PMNoun

Sorry you feel that we're not communicating enough. We're putting our focus and our efforts into addressing balance issues, bugs and adding new features. We do a weekly Twitch cast that typically focuses on balance changes (last week's and this week's are an exception) and we have a Q&A portion.

We are working on single player content, but as most people involved in the community know we continue to have a team dedicated to balance and multiplayer features. We've been very active in releasing updates, and while I'm sure there are are a variety of views on whether those balance changes have improved the game overall, it's hard to say that they're not happening and that there's not work being done.

We did 5 balance focused updates last month. There's very clearly work being done and it's being driven by player feedback.

Observer Mode is being tested by key members of the casting community. They're under NDA and can't talk about it but we're getting their feedback and will be rolling it out as quickly as possible once we're satisfied with the mode.

While we definitely read COH2.ORG and value the contributions people make here, our focus in communicating is generally going to be on our own forums. We'll pop in here once and awhile but are focused on working on the game itself.

Don't worry though your feedback is being seen by the team!

How is this one allowed to speak and keep his job?

Thank you for addressing everything while answering nothing.

#Relic
3 Oct 2014, 03:33 AM

So far I am still personally displeased in the way Relic runs things. The amount of failures and bugs occurring in the past few months have really accumulated into one big pile of awfulness. Though Relic has improved it's outreach into the community sort of, I am still not satisfied in the way Relic decides whether to take said advice on balance or especially bugs overall. We need an obvious re-work of things designed to not keep the community as the lowest adviser on the scale of people Relic rely on to help them improve balance, bugs, and the game in general(and when I mean community, I mean everyone....yes even some fanbois....not just like 3-4 people....). #RemoveNDA :snfQuinn:

Also focusing more heavily on SP rather than MP really contradicts the "we are fully contributing time on balance" statement Relic keeps releasing. More like: "We are focusing completely on SP for now, and until it's released anything else you guys are complaining about will be ignored due to our limited time slots".

Von for President
3 Oct 2014, 05:04 AM

Geez, I just want to jump in and add a little positivity here. I for one believe Relic has been doing a pretty good job at patching the game regularly. I'll agree they haven't been perfect, but wow at all the drama and vitriol in this thread.

Relic, seriously, please keep up the good work.
3 Oct 2014, 05:06 AM

I'm going to disagree with you Kothre, whilst they've been decent in patching the game, every damn time they do it just makes the game worse...
3 Oct 2014, 06:45 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

If relic doesnt have the manpower to address all the issues at least cut back the NDA so the alpha testers can disclose some information that relic is doing at least something.
I would love to know how the UI for OBS mode is getting deisgned for examp[le
3 Oct 2014, 06:57 AM

Can someone please explain to me the importance of having such an NDA in the first place? How does it serve to benefit anyone?

Excuse me if its an ignorant question but I am genuinely puzzled as to why Relic has such a strict NDA policy. Probably not a fair comparison but I have been a fan and player of WoW and EVE online and you would never be starved for answers as to whats going on with the game.
3 Oct 2014, 07:05 AM

Can someone please explain to me the importance of having such an NDA in the first place? How does it serve to benefit anyone?

Excuse me if its an ignorant question but I am genuinely puzzled as to why Relic has such a strict NDA policy. Probably not a fair comparison but I have been a fan and player of WoW and EVE online and you would never be starved for answers as to whats going on with the game.

When you do nothing, a NDA is a good option to hide it :D
3 Oct 2014, 08:38 AM

The point is that after every patch the bugs multiply. THAT is the main problem. And Relic does NOTHING to fix them or to let us know that they know about them. The BUG section is full of threads but no sign of Relic with a responce.

So i understand the frustration of the players, me included.
3 Oct 2014, 09:07 AM

The sense of entitlement in this thread is quite strong o.O

Jesus, critizising is fine and dandy and certainly correct in this case, but some people here should make some effort to not sound like spoiled brats.
3 Oct 2014, 09:12 AM

The sense of entitlement in this thread is quite strong o.O

Jesus, critizising is fine and dandy and certainly correct in this case, but some people here should make some effort to not sound like spoiled brats.

You don't play the game much/long or don't play multiplayer at all, do you?
3 Oct 2014, 09:14 AM
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Oct 2014, 07:05 AMEsxile

When you do nothing, a NDA is a good option to hide it :D

NDA = Not Doing Anything
:o
*** Mind *** Blown ***
3 Oct 2014, 09:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Oct 2014, 09:14 AMtuvok

NDA = Not Doing Anything
:o
*** Mind *** Blown ***