Login

russian armor

Reduce cost of BARS and Bazookas?

29 Sep 2014, 17:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2014, 17:24 PMvarunax
Making them cheaper doesn't do solve anything. Your 4 rifle squads all equipped with 2 BARs each still won't do jack crap. A cheaper BAR just means it's easier to replace if you're losing squads over and over.

They need to be buffed to perform at least with the FG42. They also need to let Riflesquads have an option to upgrade to BARs after unlocking it like every single other squad in this game. It's stupid that you have to waste your time going back to base to get upgrades when NO OTHER FACTION in this game has to do that. I mean, you get fucking grenades when you upgrade grenades and they're 500% more effective than those stupid BARs. No need to run all the way back to base to grab some god damn grenades and ruin your entire flank.

Dont you love the Heil Relich system?
29 Sep 2014, 17:39 PM

I think we might be overselling how bad BARs are. While currently they are not worth the upgrade, in my experience they do have a noticeable effect on squad DPS (albeit far less than the Gren LMG, which costs the same).

As for Bazookas vs Shrecks, one thing I would really like to see is for long-range accuracy for these weapons to be standardised. At the moment, Bazookas miss frequently whereas Volksgrenadiers with Panzershrecks seem to have little trouble hitting vehicles even at absolute max range. I think Panzershreck accuracy should be tuned down to more closely match that of Bazookas. This would make Bazooka balance a bit more fair, and have the added plus of nerfing Volk Shreck blobs, which are a bit too effective against all targets IMO.
29 Sep 2014, 17:40 PM

STOP with the nerfs!!! Buff other things like zooks or bars, but stop nerfing, seriously.
29 Sep 2014, 17:57 PM

STOP with the nerfs!!! Buff other things like zooks or bars, but stop nerfing, seriously.

You need start play both side, then you want ballanced game.
29 Sep 2014, 18:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2014, 17:57 PMAradan

Nah, I'll stick to axis only, but thanks :P
29 Sep 2014, 18:26 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

As for Bazookas vs Shrecks, one thing I would really like to see is for long-range accuracy for these weapons to be standardised. At the moment, Bazookas miss frequently whereas Volksgrenadiers with Panzershrecks seem to have little trouble hitting vehicles even at absolute max range.

I think this is mostly because volks can get very huge vet bonuses to accuracy compared to rifles. At vet zero volks will miss a lot too.
29 Sep 2014, 19:39 PM
Donator 22

make zookas cheaper = spammable
I would like to see a pen/damage buff, instead of a price decrease
29 Sep 2014, 19:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2014, 18:26 PMRomeo
I think this is mostly because volks can get very huge vet bonuses to accuracy compared to rifles. At vet zero volks will miss a lot too.

Vet 5 Volks are absolutely ridiculous, I think they become more durable than Shock Troopers. I've seen Vet 5 Volks get within kill-range of Shock Troops and retreat, only losing one model, and I've seen Vet 5 Volks stand up to Vet 3 Conscripts doing For The Motherland. It's insane how durable they become.
29 Sep 2014, 19:59 PM

Right now bazookas are like cheaper crappier versions of panzershrecks, If they are going to balance the two factions asymetrically bazookas should have some advantage over Shreks, but presently shrecks are much better vs every variety of vehicle because their high Alpha damage makes them good vs light vehicles and their high penetration makes them good vs heavy ones Something should be adjusted to give bazookas their own niche
29 Sep 2014, 20:12 PM

Right now bazookas are like cheaper crappier versions of panzershrecks, If they are going to balance the two factions asymetrically bazookas should have some advantage over Shreks, but presently shrecks are much better vs every variety of vehicle because their high Alpha damage makes them good vs light vehicles and their high penetration makes them good vs heavy ones Something should be adjusted to give bazookas their own niche

Like PTRS have advantage over shrecks? :snfPeter:

PTRS used to have range advantage, but allied weapon having any advantage over axis one was blasphemy, so PTRS had its better range scrapped and is now a retarded, glue eating version of AT weapon.
29 Sep 2014, 20:30 PM

Bars are much needed for the USF because without them you can't pick any commander outside of infantry and airborne and expect your infantry units to scale into late game at all.

As for the weapons rack system, it's annoying, but has its plus, namely the ability to equip any infantry unit with weapon upgrades including REs.
29 Sep 2014, 20:50 PM
Developer Relic Badge

BARs need to be buffed so they're more powerful at short-mid range where rifles excel rather than a price decrease. Cheaper doesn't help, especially since the US is sitting on a ton of munitions for awhile unless they went for early grenades.

Bazookas are a bit harder. How much should they cost at their current state? How much can we buff it without it becoming underpriced? Does it just need more penetration and less scatter to make it better at range than the shrek? Or do Shreks simply need less accuracy at range and a longer aim-time to bring it more in line with the bazooka and other hand-held AT (PTRS) because currently shrieks don't have much of a disadvantage aside from longer reloads.
29 Sep 2014, 20:56 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

I think it is important to consider what you are shooting at too. It's so dumb that the bazooka is worse than the shreck when the bazooka can barely dent any axis heavy tank but the shreck will pop a sherman like a balloon every time.
29 Sep 2014, 20:57 PM

BAR's and bazookas are the most underwhelming threat for all of my Axis units.
29 Sep 2014, 21:01 PM

I hope Relic sees this thread.
29 Sep 2014, 21:02 PM

Just a poor man's mumbling over nothing. Ignore this post.
29 Sep 2014, 21:41 PM

I think we might be overselling how bad BARs are. While currently they are not worth the upgrade, in my experience they do have a noticeable effect on squad DPS (albeit far less than the Gren LMG, which costs the same).

Think of it this way, for 60 munitions you buy an FG 42 with closer dropoff and half damage at max range.
29 Sep 2014, 21:45 PM

Think of it this way, for 60 munitions you buy an FG 42 with closer dropoff and half damage at max range.

Just to slap some numbers on this

FG-42: 10.526/7.278/4.615

BAR: 10.479/5.656/2.950
29 Sep 2014, 22:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2014, 17:57 PMAradan

He is right, u can balance a game without nerfing the other factions, because that move will affect every other faction... Lets say, hypothetical, that Soviet are perfectly balanced against OKW, but USF is a underdog against OKW. If u nerf the OKW to favor the USF u will affect the balance against soviet, so they will overperform against a OKW. So just buff the USF then. But if both faction are under performing against OKW, is is still a better to buff accordingly both faction than just nerfing one. I mean, that's the case if u want to be as much accurate as possible.
29 Sep 2014, 22:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2014, 17:24 PMvarunax
Making them cheaper doesn't do solve anything. Your 4 rifle squads all equipped with 2 BARs each still won't do jack crap. A cheaper BAR just means it's easier to replace if you're losing squads over and over.

They need to be buffed to perform at least with the FG42. They also need to let Riflesquads have an option to upgrade to BARs after unlocking it like every single other squad in this game. It's stupid that you have to waste your time going back to base to get upgrades when NO OTHER FACTION in this game has to do that. I mean, you get fucking grenades when you upgrade grenades and they're 500% more effective than those stupid BARs. No need to run all the way back to base to grab some god damn grenades and ruin your entire flank.

i think the concept of the bar was that it originally was supposed to be a kind of a cheap upgrade that any infantry can grab as they happen to be back at base to reinforce. However its not really a cheap upgrade, its one of the larger munitions investments you'll make all game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★