Login

russian armor

Reduce cost of BARS and Bazookas?

Reduce cost from 60 munitions per BAR/Zook to 50 munitions per?
Option Distribution Votes
77%
23%
Total votes: 131
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
29 Sep 2014, 08:37 AM

What does everyone think this about since BARS were recently nerfed and are not IMO worth the cost anymore, and Zooks have always been overpriced for how (crappy) they are.
29 Sep 2014, 08:41 AM

They could reduce the cost of bars to 45 ammo and keep them around the same, but not bazookas, those things need fixing.
29 Sep 2014, 08:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2014, 08:37 AMakula
What does everyone think this about since BARS were recently nerfed and are not IMO worth the cost anymore, and Zooks have always been overpriced for how (crappy) they are.

Yeah, there's no excuse why the bazookas should be less effective than schrecks. Might as well make the bazooka stats similar to the schreck and give the same cost, or maybe a bit higher cost for the bazooka since the OKW got the munitions income reduced again.

And BARs. A weapon upgrade should actually have an effect on the squad's firepower instead of just being a munitions sink. IMO the LMG weapon profile should be applied to BARs.
29 Sep 2014, 08:51 AM

I think there should definitely be a reduction in costs for the BARs & Bazookas purely for the fact that you don't get them "delivered" to your troops and have to retreat them from the front line to get them. Either that or you should enforce the exact same delivery method to at least ONE of the Axis factions too.

I also believe that that the fact they don't seem to perform as well as the Axis upgrades warrants a slight decrease in costs (or buff). I'd agree with the comments about some weapon profiles being very similar to their opposition counterpart - certainly in the case of the the BARs and Bazookas - they should just perform to the same standard as the German ones.

29 Sep 2014, 09:03 AM

For these weapons at current state? Even 45 isn't too low.
I'd gladly have 1 shreck over 2 zookas or 4 PTRS at any time.

Gren G43 also outperform BARs for the cost, even if we include for the fact the BARs increase long range dps as well, they are still horribly cost ineffective upgrade.
29 Sep 2014, 09:09 AM

I would prefer a buff Bars damage rather than a price decrease. The problem with rifles at the moment isn't that I can't afford their upgrades. The problem is that at maximum potential, fully equipped, they still struggle versus axis infantry.

As for zooks, what if they made them like recoilless rifles from coh1. High penetration, high accuracy, low damage. This would make them helpful, while maintaining a difference between them and shrecks.
29 Sep 2014, 09:46 AM

I would rather see a buff. Price reduction of the m1916 LMG(To 60 again) and a buff for the zook and BAR.
Probably even the smoke rifle grenade could be done faster(also the AT rifle grenade).
29 Sep 2014, 10:05 AM

yeah a buff would be better than a cost reduction
29 Sep 2014, 10:32 AM

If you buff bazookas you will have beta pzgrens running around since you can equip any squad with it.
Bazookas are fine imo, what people seem to forget is that they have a higher rate of fire compared with shrecks, when going for rear Armour they can damage most tanks.

Bar is overpriced for what it does, either reduce the price or increase its performance.
29 Sep 2014, 10:49 AM

Permanently Banned
If you buff bazookas you will have beta pzgrens running around since you can equip any squad with it.
Bazookas are fine imo, what people seem to forget is that they have a higher rate of fire compared with shrecks, when going for rear Armour they can damage most tanks.

Bar is overpriced for what it does, either reduce the price or increase its performance.

i agree. all i would add is an increase in zook penetration

i also find that zooks give rifles vet very fast and RNG can help you by occasionally killing multiple enemy models
29 Sep 2014, 12:29 PM

22% faster reload

33% lower damage
30% lower penetration
higher scatter
weapon racks

"Fine", if by fine you mean you have to be insane to buy a single one.

Trivia question: how long does it take for 4 zookas to kill a KT while sitting immediately behind it, assuming they are not getting shot?

Trivia question two: how long does it take 3 shreks to kill an IS2 from the rear?

USF infantry give up more to get zookas (time required to get them, tech cost, munition cost) yet fight stronger vehicles so even in the most optimal situations (point blank on rear armor which mostly skips the accuracy and penetration issues zookas have) they don't perform on the level of schreks, nevermind if you can't get rear armor shots or have to fire from far away.
29 Sep 2014, 12:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2014, 12:29 PMCruzz

22% faster reload

33% lower damage
30% lower penetration
higher scatter
weapon racks

"Fine", if by fine you mean you have to be insane to buy a single one.

Trivia question: how long does it take for 4 zookas to kill a KT while sitting immediately behind it, assuming they are not getting shot?

Trivia question two: how long does it take 3 shreks to kill an IS2 from the rear?

USF infantry give up more to get zookas (time required to get them, tech cost, munition cost) yet fight stronger vehicles so even in the most optimal situations (point blank on rear armor which mostly skips the accuracy and penetration issues zookas have) they don't perform on the level of schreks, nevermind if you can't get rear armor shots or have to fire from far away.

Moral of the story: If you upgrade Zooks as US you're gonna have a bad time.
29 Sep 2014, 12:49 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Yeah, I agree buffing bars and Zooks would be a better idea. USF is a faction designed entirely around having the best and most flexible infantry to compensate for Axis having better tanks and better support weapons... except USF don't actually get the best infantry so the balance and dynamic is completely thrown out the window. It makes absolutely no sense at all why BARs and Bazookas are incredibly inferior to MG's, G43's and Shreks.
29 Sep 2014, 12:51 PM

Ok well on the basis of the statistics provided I'd settle for a buff on BAR and Bazookas but leave costs and weapon racks as their con.
29 Sep 2014, 12:51 PM
Benefactor 115

In their current state BARs are only worth about 25-30 ammo. They are absolutely atrocious.

Bazookas however are a problematic upgrade. Make them too good and you will have the rifle blob / RE blob with zook problem which is similar to the volks blob with shrecks. Granted Rifles and RE are no where near as durable as Vet 5 volks with their 0.5 received accuracy modifier.
Vaz
29 Sep 2014, 13:21 PM

voted yes, but the poll isn't as simple as that. I haven't used BARs much, but bazooka is not worth the same cost as shrek. Shrek is way better and the costs should reflect that difference. Either bazooka needs to perform better or cost less.
29 Sep 2014, 13:24 PM

Voted no because they need buff instead of price decrease.
29 Sep 2014, 13:27 PM
Patrion 14

I wouldn't want the BAR to just be another LMG. It should be a jack-of-all-trades, a mixture of assault rifles and LMG's, but not as good as either one at their native ranges.

But yes, it needs to be slightly cheaper and slightly better. I haven't equipped my squads with them at all for 4 or 5 games now, rather use the munitions to toss pineapples or drop abilities.

I don't regard the 'zook as anything more than a deterrent to armor. I very rarely equip anyone but the RE with it. I don't like how it makes the CPT all but useless, though. His squad isn't really suited to combat at any range against anything in particular.
Vaz
29 Sep 2014, 13:32 PM

the captain pisses me off so much. If something stupid runs up on his thompson it's dead. Poorly managed light armor is dead. Anything else destroys the captain worse than rear echelon troops. He's seriously a bullet magnet. Even pak40's nail him. It's like he has received accuracy of 1.5
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★