Login

russian armor

Interview Greg Wilson & Quinn Duffy on Expansion!!

2 Apr 2014, 21:56 PM
2 Apr 2014, 22:31 PM
Patrion 14

thanks
2 Apr 2014, 23:18 PM

Thx will have a look :)
2 Apr 2014, 23:23 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Thanks for linking this nigo =).
2 Apr 2014, 23:27 PM

3 Apr 2014, 00:51 AM
Senior Editor Badge

They said on the video about US Army. They will be a very mobile.

A new PE?
3 Apr 2014, 04:14 AM

"fan feedback is invaluable"

LOL
3 Apr 2014, 05:11 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Mention the custom map competition, guys!
3 Apr 2014, 07:35 AM
Donator 11

They clearly didn't want to go into details about the uniqueness of new armies.
3 Apr 2014, 07:59 AM

Damn it tell us how the armies work!

"They both have innovative play styles"

All of these unique techniques, base building and technology trees. Surely they have to give us some more information soon, I mean there's only 2 months until expected release.

All in all I'm really looking forward to the new release, the map that they showcased in the Alpha footage had a beautiful colour pallet. Very bright and lively.
3 Apr 2014, 08:56 AM
Patrion 14

I'd have thought, with two months until release, we'd see a proper game play video by now.
3 Apr 2014, 09:21 AM

I want that Sturmtiger. Eat your heart out ISU-152!
3 Apr 2014, 09:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2014, 00:51 AMnigo
They said on the video about US Army. They will be a very mobile.

A new PE?

Very mobile and light vehicle oriented.

Yea, sounds like PE if we ignore the "various infantry" part.
3 Apr 2014, 09:56 AM

Americans were always an infantry army in CoH. It didn't stop players from building tanks anyway, but the ancient ranger spam and it's successor the airborne spammer has been a hallmark of a US player.

3 Apr 2014, 10:32 AM

I want that Sturmtiger. Eat your heart out ISU-152!

I doubt the ST will match ISU-152's firing range.
3 Apr 2014, 11:07 AM

Very mobile and light vehicle oriented.

Yea, sounds like PE if we ignore the "various infantry" part.

They're probably going to be mobile but lack heavy tanks. So no M26 Pershing this time.

On the other hand, OKW will probably be 'clunkier' with better armour and more heavy tanks.
3 Apr 2014, 11:44 AM
Patrion 14

As usual, the design paradigm is skewed. The German army was defensive but mobile in 1944-45. Their obsession with heavy armour wasn't matched by reality - and they squandered the cream of their panzers in the Ardennes.

The truth is that the Panzer Elite is the most stylistically accurate representation of the Wehrmacht in the late-war - mobile, tough but reliant on rationed heavy armour for exceptional support, not routine deployment.

Edit - by skewed I mean look at the Brits. They are designed in vCoH to be ponderous and slow. This is the British army that rapidly converted it's best infantry into armoured brigades and raced from Caen to Brussels in record time.

3 Apr 2014, 12:03 PM

They're probably going to be mobile but lack heavy tanks. So no M26 Pershing this time.

On the other hand, OKW will probably be 'clunkier' with better armour and more heavy tanks.

I m pretty sure USA will have the Pershing in one of the commanders.

The OKW seems to be a mix of many small tanks like Panzer II and II and heavy tanks as call ins like sturmtiger, Jagdtiger and maybe even king tiger or jagdpanther.
3 Apr 2014, 12:58 PM

As usual, the design paradigm is skewed. The German army was defensive but mobile in 1944-45. Their obsession with heavy armour wasn't matched by reality - and they squandered the cream of their panzers in the Ardennes.

The truth is that the Panzer Elite is the most stylistically accurate representation of the Wehrmacht in the late-war - mobile, tough but reliant on rationed heavy armour for exceptional support, not routine deployment.
Actually half the German army relied on horses. Especially in the west the Germans were static as in the day they couldn´t move without risking to get attacked from the air.

The Americans (I think the British also) on the other hand were the only army to be fully motorized. So the Americans taking on the role of the Coh1 PE seems quite good to me. Infantry spam already works with the Russians.
3 Apr 2014, 13:49 PM

^^
You mean 80% of the German army, not half...

The German army very immobile compared to the allies and less mobile than even the Soviets.

They concentrated their equipment in the top 20% (mobile units) and even these were still not as well equipped as the allies. Both panzer and pzG formations tend to be far below TOE and have around half as many tanks even at full strength and less artillery support than the allies/soviets typically. Most panzer divisions only had 100 tanks or so after refitting and were kept in the field until almost everything was gone.

They only significant material advantage they had vs. the Allies was their good guns (pak, panzer,etc.)

The Soviet mobile formations (tank army, tank corps, mechanized corps) tend to revolve on a much different doctrine. They were very strong in tanks, total infantry, and artillery compared to the Germans but weaker in motorized infantry, communications, and supporting assets.

----------------

I've always felt that the design for the British should be Germans. With the new expansion pack, I wouldn't be surprised if the Oberkommando West was a bit like the British vcoh.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★