Login

russian armor

Ram

PAGES (10)down
1 Mar 2014, 06:48 AM

Reduce the effectiveness of Ram against heavy tanks (especially full health ones) and increase penetration of the SU-76..?
What do those 2 have to do with anything. They are in different tiers, so you would never see them together anyway.

A lot of people just aren't getting that unless you choose a doctrine with call-ins this is the best tank the soviet player is going to have. Take away ram and they are completely unable to take on panthers and tigers, let alone elephants, and teching to get su-85 isn't really feasable as it takes about 200 fuel and A LOT of time to even get out a single SU-85. Until T3 is capable of taking on heavier tanks without ram it is not going anywhere.
1 Mar 2014, 09:05 AM

What do those 2 have to do with anything. They are in different tiers, so you would never see them together anyway.

A lot of people just aren't getting that unless you choose a doctrine with call-ins this is the best tank the soviet player is going to have. Take away ram and they are completely unable to take on panthers and tigers, let alone elephants, and teching to get su-85 isn't really feasable as it takes about 200 fuel and A LOT of time to even get out a single SU-85. Until T3 is capable of taking on heavier tanks without ram it is not going anywhere.

I disagree. su85's are very competent in taking on tigers and panthers . but why use it if t-34 is way better at it and is still effective AI in the progress
1 Mar 2014, 09:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2014, 22:13 PMlink0
The only thing wrong with Ram is that 1) it's a dice roll 2) It buggs out randomly.

+1
1 Mar 2014, 09:37 AM

Yey, another "Ram" topic. Can we close this one please?

+1
1 Mar 2014, 09:39 AM

crout cry thread, L2P Trolololollololo =)
1 Mar 2014, 09:56 AM

Thanks buddy

You are lifesaver, most of us have never seen and have no idea how ram looks like.

If it wasn't for your replay, I would be totally unaware that this ability exist and it is so ridiculous.

Thanks again

Lost like 30 T34 ramming tigers without killing single one :thumbsup:

I saw this thread after playing that game and posting the replay, i can see why u don't want this ability touched though it makes playing soviets even easier.

I hardly try when i play them, its a joke.

1 Mar 2014, 10:01 AM

I saw this thread after playing that game and posting the replay, i can see why u don't want this ability touched though it makes playing soviets even easier.

I hardly try when i play them, its a joke.

I'll repeat myself. You lost like 30 t34's ramming tiger and didn't kill it. Enough said

MvGame
1 Mar 2014, 12:03 PM

Balanced or not, is it fun and immersive?

I simply find the ram to be a tacticly uninteresting feature. You dont outsmart your oponent or combine your troops to take down his heavy tanks. You push a button and hope that it will pay off.

Its frustrating for both parties involved and a cheap solution to bad faction design.
1 Mar 2014, 12:14 PM

Balanced or not, is it fun and immersive?

I simply find the ram to be a tacticly uninteresting feature. You dont outsmart your oponent or combine your troops to take down his heavy tanks. You push a button and hope that it will pay off.

Its frustrating for both parties involved and a cheap solution to bad faction design.

Agree, but entire game is full of units and abilities that work on that principle. Ram is just one of many features that are meant to close gap between skilled player and unskilled player
raw
1 Mar 2014, 12:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2014, 14:53 PMJaigen
People i have had enough of this ability. so many times i have seen games going my way to instantly losing because of this single ability. its insane that a cheap generalist tank , that is very effective against medium tanks and infantry ,is perfectly capable of crippling a german heavy tank and deciding the game. it leads to spam as its its really a no brainer and the concept of combined arms is thrown out of the window. these days the only thing i see from the soviet players is script spam with t-34's with the occasional zis

So here are some suggestions.

1. Remove ram from the t-34 and only t-34/85 should have it.
2. Or ram can no longer affect any unit with heavy crush
3. Indirectly nerf it by buffing the stug.

Thought?

Highlighted all the bullshit.
1 Mar 2014, 12:31 PM

I'll repeat myself. You lost like 30 t34's ramming tiger and didn't kill it. Enough said

MvGame

Actually i killed one, and was about to take out another. MVGAME. Also killing them isn't the point. In all the rams i did, only 1 was a crew shock. The other rams completely disabled the tigers making the German investment useless.
1 Mar 2014, 14:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Mar 2014, 12:15 PMraw

Highlighted all the bullshit.

awesome arguments
1 Mar 2014, 14:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Mar 2014, 14:43 PMJaigen

awesome arguments

Beats yours "remove ram because T3 should be vet factory for panzers" by miles.
1 Mar 2014, 16:05 PM

crout cry thread, L2P Trolololollololo =)
1 Mar 2014, 16:06 PM

+1
1 Mar 2014, 17:44 PM

Use the su85's then. oh wait you cannot use them because you have no concept of combined arms scouting or strat. you have not given me a good reason on the other hand why a panther should lose to t-34 + some AT. it goes against the very principality of combined arms of coh when you can just spam 2 units and easily win.

1 Mar 2014, 17:45 PM

+1

are you going to say something useful?
1 Mar 2014, 18:01 PM

This is pointless. The devs aren't going to just remove ram because people complain, they are smarter then that. It will stay or atleast until they figure out another way for T3 to scale.
1 Mar 2014, 18:04 PM

qouting youself crying about someone crying and thinking it makes some kind of relevant point. Spoken like a true Soviet Fangirl.

The argument that a t34 is useless vs tiger without ram maybe true, but so is a stug vs an is2 or 152. T34s shouldnt just be able to negate your biggest most expensive tanks right out of the gate.One of my fav tactics is stealing abandoned t34s and then ramming sov heavies and finish it with Tigers. It always feel unfair doing it, but Sovs can do it with out relying on lucky t34 finds.
1 Mar 2014, 18:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Mar 2014, 17:44 PMJaigen

Use the su85's then. oh wait you cannot use them because you have no concept of combined arms scouting or strat. you have not given me a good reason on the other hand why a panther should lose to t-34 + some AT. it goes against the very principality of combined arms of coh when you can just spam 2 units and easily win.

Great idea! If only soviets had SU-85 in T3 or german players were retarded enough to sit before AT gun for 20 seconds until it kills their tiger/panther, well, maybe thats how you play and think this is sufficient way? That would explain a whole lot of things coming from your madman's mumbling.

dude, you're as mad as it can get, you most likely have 0 games as soviets, you're retarded enough to suggest getting T%3 AND T4 as soviets, why do you expect anyone to take your rants seriously?

I answer to them only because I love arguments, but even that have its limits and it feels like it would be easier to talk sense into wiking then you.
PAGES (10)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Livestreams

Mexico 24
United Kingdom 146
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %