Login

russian armor

Ram

PAGES (10)down
1 Mar 2014, 18:08 PM

This is pointless. The devs aren't going to just remove ram because people complain, they are smarter then that. It will stay or atleast until they figure out another way for T3 to scale.
I cant speak for what they will do but they do value the input of the people who buy their product and potentially future products. Plus the mg42, which was unchanged since vcoh beta, got nerfd into panzy silliness because of ppl complaining. It only got slighty reverted after it was clearly shown that what the Sov players wanted severly broke the mg42.
1 Mar 2014, 19:29 PM

qouting youself crying about someone crying and thinking it makes some kind of relevant point. Spoken like a true Soviet Fangirl.

The argument that a t34 is useless vs tiger without ram maybe true, but so is a stug vs an is2 or 152. T34s shouldnt just be able to negate your biggest most expensive tanks right out of the gate.One of my fav tactics is stealing abandoned t34s and then ramming sov heavies and finish it with Tigers. It always feel unfair doing it, but Sovs can do it with out relying on lucky t34 finds.

You don't get it do you?
There is no viable AT option to deal with heavy tanks whatsoever in Soviet T3 ATM, hence Ram mechanics.
You're arguing about something you have absolutely no idea.
1 Mar 2014, 20:01 PM

What if they implemented a limit to the ammount of damage a t-34 could take, while ramming, so that a frontal ram at a Tiger would probably fail unless the Tiger was distracted? That would make the ram require a minimum of skill to pull off, and make it all the more rewarding when it worked. It would also make sure rams against heawys would be harder, while rewarding skill and tactics.

The first time I pulled a ram I lured the enemy Tiger into a narrow street, manouevered a T-34 to the back, using truesight for cover, and rammed him in the rear, having the rest of my armour at the flank. It was great fun and fealt extremely rewarding. Once I realised that I didnt have to outsmart him and could just as easily ram him head on it wasnt fun anymore.
1 Mar 2014, 20:22 PM

At the end of the day it seems to me that people don't want to make an effort to play the game. Ram can be gamebreaker, true, but you know it is there and it will probably happen, therefore you shouldn't "blame the system" but only yourself for not being prepared for it.

1 Mar 2014, 20:37 PM

Great idea! If only soviets had SU-85 in T3 or german players were retarded enough to sit before AT gun for 20 seconds until it kills their tiger/panther, well, maybe thats how you play and think this is sufficient way? That would explain a whole lot of things coming from your madman's mumbling.

Thats a typical slugging match between tanks you know. i see you only want i win buttons
1 Mar 2014, 20:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Mar 2014, 20:22 PMGazbag
At the end of the day it seems to me that people don't want to make an effort to play the game. Ram can be gamebreaker, true, but you know it is there and it will probably happen, therefore you shouldn't "blame the system" but only yourself for not being prepared for it.

That you know its their doesn't mean you can react to. most of the time i micro out of a ram. just like i micro out of a nade, but it doesn't mean i never get hit. the difference between a nade is that it at worst cause a squad wipe. t-34 ram at worst can turn a game a german player was winning into a loss
1 Mar 2014, 20:44 PM

You don't get it do you?
There is no viable AT option to deal with heavy tanks whatsoever in Soviet T3 ATM, hence Ram mechanics.
You're arguing about something you have absolutely no idea.

oh plz mate this is just ridiculous. before the su85 got its well deserved speed nerf it easily destroyed any armor and still does but now i can be actually flanked.
1 Mar 2014, 21:32 PM

Jaigen is clearly trolling. No one can truly believe the kind of crap he spouts. GG hurrdurr you got us! Move along.

Can this thread just get locked? It is impossible to have a decent discussion with trolls.
1 Mar 2014, 21:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Mar 2014, 20:37 PMJaigen

Thats a typical slugging match between tanks you know. i see you only want i win buttons

Dude... this thread sole purpose is granting you a-move level micro maneuvers a win... absolutely no other conclusion comes out of your endless bitching.
1 Mar 2014, 21:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Mar 2014, 20:22 PMGazbag

+1 i just keep my panzers in reverse when i see shitty t34/76's. much easier when the sov player tries to ram and it doesnt even touch my panzers and has a blown engine.
1 Mar 2014, 21:52 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Replace T34-76 with 85s on the T3 building. Take out ramming and give another ability.

Make normal T34s as call ins at ol 7CP.

Stupid idea that i would like to see how it plays.
1 Mar 2014, 22:11 PM

Dude... this thread sole purpose is granting you a-move level micro maneuvers a win... absolutely no other conclusion comes out of your endless bitching.

So far you have not brought up any facts why a generalist tank ,that is half the cost of its dedicated counter, is a threat to the panther. in vcoh 2 shermans could not defeat a panther.
1 Mar 2014, 22:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Mar 2014, 22:11 PMJaigen

So far you have not brought up any facts why a generalist tank ,that is half the cost of its dedicated counter, is a threat to the panther. in vcoh 2 shermans could not defeat a panther.

Just as you have not brought any facts why T3 should have no AT.

I'm all for removing ram and T3 getting decent AT.
But I'm not mentally challenged and I know neither of that will happen, no matter how much you or anyone else will cry for it or shake the fist in anger.
1 Mar 2014, 22:52 PM

Replace T34-76 with 85s on the T3 building. Take out ramming and give another ability.

Make normal T34s as call ins at ol 7CP.

Stupid idea that i would like to see how it plays.

lol let's put t3476s in t4 building and put t3485s and su76s in t4 building then while we're at it. Just think, su85s for anti tank, t3475 for anti infantry ( but without the ram ) and Katyusha for artillery. In t3, it's t3485s for general purpose, su76 for anti infantry and artillery. Since the Soviets can only economically chose either t3 and t4 and not both it only makes sense.
1 Mar 2014, 23:49 PM

Another get rid of ram thread. Oy Vey.

I am with Katitof here. Ram is sadly a needed mechanic due to how bad T3 is and Zis are in their AT role.

But hey if they want to cut all the Tier Prices in half and allow the Soviets to build all Tiers then sure take away ram.

Also while they are at it make the Vet 1 ability something like non doctrinal self repair and Vet 2 something more useful like I dont know tons more armor?

T34 has been turned into Pgren Bait with the moving scatter penalty. Ram really is all its got going for it.

1 Mar 2014, 23:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Mar 2014, 20:44 PMJaigen

oh plz mate this is just ridiculous. before the su85 got its well deserved speed nerf it easily destroyed any armor and still does but now i can be actually flanked.

We're talking about T-34/76 and Soviet T3 here. We're not talking about SU-85 and T4 because Soviet faction has been designed in such a way that a Soviet player can only afford to build T3 or T4 in a single match up. As it stands T-34/76 barely handles PzIV and it's completely outclassed by Panther not to mention about Tiger. How would Soviet handle German T4 if they would remove Ram? Answer is they wouldn't at all and it would mean a guaranteed victory for German player.
Believe me I hate Ram when I play as Soviet because it forces me to this gimmicky way of playing. SU-85 is very situational and map dependent. It's good on some but on some others (eg. Moscow Outskirts) to flank SU-85 is a no brainer. I would be more than happy if Relic took Ram away, provide Soviet T3 with AT tank option (T-34/85 or just a gun upgrade for /76 version) but before that happens Ram is not going anywhere.
As per replacing disable with a stun. This one won't work because T-34/76 damage output against heavy tanks is too small. It takes about 30 sec (?) for a T-34/76 to finish off rammed Panther. Go and check it out for yourself besides frontal ram on heavy tanks as it is right now got minimal chance of success. In fact you are very unlucky if your Tiger got rammed frontally and was completely disabled because of that. Most of the time is only crew shock and nothing more. Soviet player has to lore you into a trap or flank you to be able to get successful ram by going for the rear of your tank. I'd say that's a bit of skill involved so Ram is not as easy to perform as you're telling it is. Against PzIV maybe but not against Panther or Tiger.

And lastly you can see ram coming so prepare yourself for it. Maintain your distance and whenever you see ram attempt just hit this freaking "r" key and reverse. 8 out of 10 times you'll have T-34/76 handled to you an a silver plate ready to be taken out.
2 Mar 2014, 01:46 AM

Here's an idea, get rid of blitz and we can talk about getting rid of ram. Two equally ridiculous abilities I think.
2 Mar 2014, 07:49 AM

Here's an idea, get rid of blitz and we can talk about getting rid of ram. Two equally ridiculous abilities I think.

+1. Doesn't make sense that a dedicated flanking unit (T34), is outclassed by a push of a button.
2 Mar 2014, 08:21 AM
Donator 22

How about neither tank get 'main gun disabled' only engine crits, that way ram would be used properly.
2 Mar 2014, 09:07 AM

Actually i killed one, and was about to take out another. MVGAME. Also killing them isn't the point. In all the rams i did, only 1 was a crew shock. The other rams completely disabled the tigers making the German investment useless.

I see. You lost 30 T34's ramming useless investment, and you managed to kill one after loosing 3 x t34's and bunch of other units, to completely disabled useless unit. You killed it only with lucky arty shell, and that is still unclear did you actually kill it or not.
And all this happened in a game that you completely dominated from start to the end. Therefore ram makes tiger useless.

That useless unit cost you thousands of MP and couple of thousands of fuel and you managed to kill one.

If you played vs someone who could hold their own against you, you would have lost that game. Ram or no ram.

If you wanna make a point, show us the video of you loosing the game, making a T34, ramming the Tiger and as a result turning around the game, and winning it.

I would applaud that.

PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight