Login

russian armor

Ram

PAGES (10)down
28 Feb 2014, 14:53 PM

People i have had enough of this ability. so many times i have seen games going my way to instantly losing because of this single ability. its insane that a cheap generalist tank , that is very effective against medium tanks and infantry ,is perfectly capable of crippling a german heavy tank and deciding the game. it leads to spam as its its really a no brainer and the concept of combined arms is thrown out of the window. these days the only thing i see from the soviet players is script spam with t-34's with the occasional zis

So here are some suggestions.

1. Remove ram from the t-34 and only t-34/85 should have it.
2. Or ram can no longer affect any unit with heavy crush
3. Indirectly nerf it by buffing the stug.

Thought?
28 Feb 2014, 14:59 PM

I agree with you, so many times I have Tiger/Elef, and what they do to counter it? RAMRAMRAM.
If they get lucky and disable the main gun and break the motor of the heavy panzer, its usually gg.
28 Feb 2014, 15:04 PM

This makes as much sense as replacing german T3 P4 and StuG with short barrel version, because why not? You have AT in T2 and T4, you don't need any AT in T3, 3 AI vehicles only is fine. That is what OP is suggesting.

T34 would have to be greatly buffed in AT if the ram was to be removed and penetration limit was introduced specifically to prevent certain rams on heavy tanks.
28 Feb 2014, 15:26 PM

Make ram dependant on whereyou ram,
frontal ram - 100% gun damaged, no engine crit + some small amount of damage > tank is basically out of action but you can backup and repair
rear ram - 100% damaged engine , no damage on gun, tank is a sitting duck but can defend himself
thoughts?
28 Feb 2014, 15:27 PM

lucky for the sov when a ram fails the 280 manpower and 85 feul is gone donw the drain. also its a very easy click and win button that you dont have to set up properly with the good tank path finding in this game. also did you see how slow for example a vet 3 p4 or p5 goes with blitz? its as slow as a turtle passing every units like its the fastes moving tank in the world..... and ofcorse the downside to that is that engin is damaged after blitz. and when you got a good ram out lucky when engin damaged on the p4 and gun kaput the tank can NEVER get back to repair and send it back fighting
28 Feb 2014, 15:30 PM

So the only forms of AT in the soviet arsenal would be T2 AT guns and T4 SU85s? No thanks.
28 Feb 2014, 15:31 PM
Donator 11

I think ram is fine.

Just support your tanks with grenadiers and faust it if he gets too close, he can't ram then.

Or target weak point with pak in the background.
28 Feb 2014, 15:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2014, 15:31 PMZ3r07
I think ram is fine.

Just support your tanks with grenadiers and faust it if he gets too close, he can't ram then.

Or target weak point with pak in the background.

Both abilities are to slow for that to work.
28 Feb 2014, 15:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2014, 15:04 PMKatitof
This makes as much sense as replacing german T3 P4 and StuG with short barrel version, because why not? You have AT in T2 and T4, you don't need any AT in T3, 3 AI vehicles only is fine. That is what OP is suggesting.

T34 would have to be greatly buffed in AT if the ram was to be removed and penetration limit was introduced specifically to prevent certain rams on heavy tanks.

Oh how cute kaitoff is defending the easy mode ability that requires no skill what so ever. listen up this tank is cheap has good ai and is severe threat to any tier 3 unit and you want it able to destroy german heavies? It doesn't need to do anything more then that for that price

i would jut love to see your reaction if the stug had a similar ability and instant crippled your is2.
28 Feb 2014, 15:52 PM

So the only forms of AT in the soviet arsenal would be T2 AT guns and T4 SU85s? No thanks.

So? your supposed to use you AT units to kill tanks you know.
28 Feb 2014, 16:00 PM

I'd like ram RNG reduced a bit for frontal rams (so you only get engine damaged at most from front, along with the gun destroyed), otherwise I think ram is fine and is a very much needed ability in the current soviet base unit selection.
jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2014, 15:52 PMJaigen

So? your supposed to use you AT units to kill tanks you know.

There are several maps (like Kharkov) where both of these units are pretty much useless. If they were the only way you could deal with any armor heavier than a PIV, soviets would pretty much lose every single game on tight maps with lots of shot/visionblocks.
28 Feb 2014, 16:11 PM

This has been discussed to death already and the general consensus is always that:

1.) Yes ram is too impactful to be left up to RNG. There are not enough rams in a round of gameplay to make it balanced one way or another. You can ram a fresh tiger on the first try and win the game or you can throw away an entire T34 army for no effect. Contrast that to infantry small arms fire where RNG is highly prevalent but hundreds of shots per round eventually average out.

2.) Remove ram and replace it with upgun on T34 to the 85 version to increase its AT capabilities and allow it to scale late game.

3.) Alternatively leave ram in but change it to 100% crew shock with durations and damage decided by size of the target. Ramming a tiger would leave the T34 shocked and more hurt than the tiger, ramming a P4 would be about equal. That way it is a consistent "snare" effect that doesn't dramatically swing one way or another. Even in this case, give T34 upgrade to 85 somehow.
28 Feb 2014, 16:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2014, 15:51 PMJaigen

Oh how cute kaitoff is defending the easy mode ability that requires no skill what so ever. listen up this tank is cheap has good ai and is severe threat to any tier 3 unit and you want it able to destroy german heavies? It doesn't need to do anything more then that for that price

i would jut love to see your reaction if the stug had a similar ability and instant crippled your is2.

In this case, why won't you spam equally cheap StuGs that can easily outgun T34s and ramming stugs isn't exactly efficient?

And for your question-have you ever heard of Target Weak Point? You know, the ability that instantly cripples units like, say, IS-2? Germans have enough of AT firepower to exploit this couple of seconds to secure a kill or even chain it without sacrificing the whole unit, unless that stug is the only thing you have on the field.

You shed buckets of tears upon ram, but give ZERO suggestions as hot to solve T3 AT problem, because that is the SOLE reason why ram exists.

Until T3 will not have as good AT as german T3, then ram is not going anywhere.
get out of your german faboy panzer and get some perspective, soviets have TWO AT units, ZiS and SU-85, both are slow, both are static, both can't be used aggressively, I know in your dream world you're already riding tiger/panther obliterating endless number of T34 with impunity, but that is not how balance works. T3 needs something to fight armor as well and no, T2 is not the answer-its mandatory because T3 have absoluytely nothing outside of ram. 2 T34s will still pound for 2+ minutes at a rammed tiger, which gives enough time to defend it.

I'm looking for balance, so yes, you're ideas are beyond retarded if you go bananas on nerfing without giving anything in return-thats not balancing, thats hardcore german bias you're full of.
28 Feb 2014, 16:18 PM

^2) Why not this? I think is the perfect solution.
28 Feb 2014, 16:18 PM

edit went wrong
28 Feb 2014, 17:03 PM

Remove RAM, remove T-34. T-34/76 is now useless versus tanks.
28 Feb 2014, 17:22 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2014, 15:48 PMJaigen

Both abilities are to slow for that to work.

No ?

There is so many solutions to ram...

Prepare an ambush with a faust then attack with your tanks.

Keep engineers nearby to repair ur tank.

Keep pgrens Shreks or at gun in the background if u do get rammed, it will finish off the damaged t-34 and support ur damaged tank from any other t-34s that might want to come and finish it off.

Use vet1 Blitz to either get out of ram range or get close to the tank and we won't even be able to ram you.

It's easy to see when your opponent is going to want to ram you, so start reversing and its engine will overheat.
28 Feb 2014, 17:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2014, 17:22 PMZ3r07

Prepare an ambush with a faust then attack with your tanks.

If the soviet player is an idiot i would agree with this strat

Keep engineers nearby to repair ur tank.

and then they will die because they take 300% damage increase and it will not safe your very expensive tank

Keep pgrens Shreks or at gun in the background if u do get rammed, it will finish off the damaged t-34 and support ur damaged tank from any other t-34s that might want to come and finish it off.

cost efficiency at its max you spend 2 times more mp fuel and ammo on dedicated AT units to kill generalist units. nothing wrong here people

Use vet1 Blitz to either get out of ram range or get close to the tank and we won't even be able to ram you.

Tanks dont come equipped with vet 1.

It's easy to see when your opponent is going to want to ram you, so start reversing and its engine will overheat.

no it really isn't by the time ram starts you have a few seconds to respond to it

You shed buckets of tears upon ram, but give ZERO suggestions as hot to solve T3 AT problem, because that is the SOLE reason why ram exists.

Their is no AT problem because tier 3 should not be able to counter german heavies. panthers in vcoh could kill 3 shermans and where the epitome of dedicated AT . fireflies could do the same thing to p4's. and yet in this game some cheap ass tank is able to neutralize german tanks? its simply unbalanced
28 Feb 2014, 18:23 PM

The only problem I have with ram is that since the T-34/85 has become a common unit, the number of ramming has also increased.

If the problem really lies in lack of anti tank capabilities in Soviet T3, let ram on the T-34/76. But it should be removed from the T-34/85. It would make more sense balance-wise and historically. It seems more logical that an under-gunned T-34/76 rams its target, but not so much the T-34/85.

Then replace the ram on the T-34/85 with something else.

Atm the game seems more like: "Oh the hard counter to my T-34s has arrived, lol ram."
28 Feb 2014, 18:35 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2014, 17:59 PMJaigen

no it really isn't by the time ram starts you have a few seconds to respond to it

dude, if you are really close to your enemy's tank, first of all he can't ram you, then if you see him backing up, you either follow him to stay close and avoid getting rammed or you back off as far as possible because that is the SIGN that he will ram you, then if he follows you, thats when you bring in your grenadiers that are suppose to be near by cuz you don't leave a tank unsupported right ? and faust it.

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2014, 17:59 PMJaigen

If the soviet player is an idiot i would agree with this strat

You see some high level players getting their T-34s fausted, you simply can't just attack whenever you want with your tanks and hope for the best, keep them in background until the right moment comes.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS