Login

russian armor

Infantry/Team-Weapons Spawning from buildings

Are you happy with infantry and team-weapons coming from buildings making it into the June 21st Update
Option Distribution Votes
20%
53%
27%
Total votes: 30
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
17 Jun 2016, 12:30 PM

One of the biggest changes in the game that I assume many players including myself are not happy with is infantry and Team-weapons spawning from base buildings instead of off map

While this will also possibly include a multitude of balance issues early game as well as the possibility of new strategies I know that the community has mixed opinions on this

I know many CoH2 Veterans wont be happy cause for the past few years we've been playing the game with infantry and team weapons coming off the map

So are you guys happy with this change or not and what do you think of it

17 Jun 2016, 12:41 PM
Benefactor 392

it'd be interesting
17 Jun 2016, 12:42 PM

So, for example, cons come out of HQ, but grens come out from T1?
Meanwhile Maxim can be spawned closer to base edge, but MG42 only from HQ?

Looks like it would be quite a mess.

What about leigs and obers? IIRC they said this will affect only basic infantry and team weapons. Any exact info on that?
17 Jun 2016, 12:45 PM

What about leigs and obers? IIRC they said this will affect only basic infantry and team weapons. Any exact info on that?

If I recall correctly from my time in the preview patch as OKW, both these units spawned from their respective buildings although this mostly factored on the Obers arrival time
17 Jun 2016, 12:49 PM

I have no strong feelings one way or the other.
17 Jun 2016, 13:40 PM

I think I rather like these changes because of this:
in current game state if you have built engineers you can't give them orders to repair something until they cross map border.

In upcoming patch I can issue an order just as soon as I hear notificaion that engineers have arrived.
17 Jun 2016, 13:42 PM

All this change does is speed up early game as you get inf on field faster.

If its good or bad, well, hard to tell.
17 Jun 2016, 13:47 PM

I think I rather like these changes because of this:
in current game state if you have built engineers you can't give them orders to repair something until they cross map border.

In upcoming patch I can issue an order just as soon as I hear notificaion that engineers have arrived.

According to Miragefla, being able to use "special" abilities (like building on repairing) could have been implemented differently, without messing with the spawn system.

Next time you plan a base-dive to kill a sniper with one your vehicles, do keep in mind that the OST player might spawn a Grenadier out of his ass (T1) and faust your vehicle, without any warning.
17 Jun 2016, 14:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jun 2016, 13:42 PMKatitof
All this change does is speed up early game as you get inf on field faster.

If its good or bad, well, hard to tell.

The way I see it, it not a good or bad thing, the game can be balanced with units spawning from buildings,

The thing is everyone has their own preference, some like the change, some dont care and some dont like it everyone has their own opinion

Personally I dont like it as I said earlier, Im used to infantry coming from off the map, its been like that since the beginning so why fix something that aint broken
17 Jun 2016, 18:02 PM

Ignoring balance,which i dont know much about,its,imo a bad change,as core units coming from off-map is,afaik,a unique mechanic from the game,and removing it makes it more bland.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★