Login

russian armor

How salty are you?

How salty ( = frustrated/childish after a game) are you?
Option Distribution Votes
11%
21%
39%
15%
14%
Total votes: 195
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
1 Dec 2015, 08:24 AM

As the headline says: How salty are you after you lost a game or multiple games in a row?

I want to become less salty because my head likes to give the guilt to everything but me.
For example: OP commanders, Cheese Tactics, Bad teammates, etc...

What was the saltiest thing you did?
I quit playing CoH2 for almost three months because I was simply done with all the bullshit.
Then I played again and decided to look up my rank anymore and things went better :snfPeter:

1 Dec 2015, 08:27 AM

:snfPeter:This post makes me salty.
1 Dec 2015, 08:31 AM

Generally I'm fine, I know why I lost and I improve. But sometimes, those no techers, Maxim spammers, CAS fuel traders with their Panzerschrek army, I just want to have a good game... But no. That's when all the foul language comes out, not in chat, but to anyone I'm on TS with or to myself.
1 Dec 2015, 08:31 AM

I admit that I can get quite salty.
1 Dec 2015, 08:36 AM
Donator 22

Nice poll Highfiveeeee :D As you said it depends. I play very often with randoms and sometimes it is a really good game, but sometimes ist just very bad RNG, my bad gameplay or bad teammates
Once I raged so hard, that I destroyed my mouse and my girlfriend came into the room and asked: "Are you retarded? What the fuck is wrong with you"?!
1 Dec 2015, 08:38 AM

I get extremely salty when I see dem volksblobs with shrecks not stopping, even not when there is an MG cause hey, that MG just needed to reload after firing one fucking round.

Also: Abandoned vehicles. I can't laugh with that shit, it's just a sad fucking shit mechanic.
1 Dec 2015, 08:43 AM

Slightly salty at first, but it slowly escalates to maximum when I am on a +10 lose streak.

Rifle spam seems to drive me to maximum salt quicker than any other tactic. Maybe Maxim spam, but those can be countered a bit easier :p
1 Dec 2015, 09:00 AM

I'm usually quite calm. Get salty after:

1) losing against usf as ost these days. Seems like its impossible to win.

2) facing late game allied infantry (not soviets)

3) CAS cheese
1 Dec 2015, 09:08 AM

I dont think there is a definition to describe how salty I am
1 Dec 2015, 09:11 AM

Zhe salt is real!
1 Dec 2015, 11:24 AM
Patrion 15

Playing whilst trying to improve my rank - Max salt.
Playing casually, mixed modes mixed teams anything I like - no salt. Much easier to do the 2nd option now as the search percentages are more even.
1 Dec 2015, 11:44 AM

Watching the replay usually helps a lot to get the salt level down.
1 Dec 2015, 11:54 AM

There is no series of games quite like CoH. Every time I lose it feels like I lost because of bullshit. It's usually not until I reevaluate it from spectating that I realize mistakes I made. When I win it's pure skill, when I lose it's because the game is shit.

:D

My 2v2 buddy is way worse. I swear a bit out loud sometimes, he full on quits the game for weeks at a time after a particularly bad loss. And frequently makes snide comments to the effect of "NICE BLOB" in the chat. Lol. Somehow we're not even that bad on the scael of it though, based on how many people we've met that have had utter meltdowns in the chat swearing and cursing at us when we beat them.
1 Dec 2015, 11:56 AM

Salt free unless I need to remind myself why I don't play 2v2 RT by playing 2v2 RT.
1 Dec 2015, 12:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Dec 2015, 11:44 AMEsxile
Watching the replay usually helps a lot to get the salt level down.

This is the best advice you can give. I was once pretty salty after I lost a sniper and I was absolutely 100% no doubtly sure that he used a map hack to chase my unit. But in the replay I saw that the sniper was visible for a split second. I flamed my enemy ingame and I am still ashamed and sorry for this. Of course I lost the game.

Every time I lose it feels like I lost because of bullshit. [...] When I win it's pure skill, when I lose it's because the game is shit.

I know your feel. But still now (haven't played in some days and I am totally calm right now) I think that the Allies have way more options for cheesy strats (I play Axis 99% of the time). Sure, the Axis also have a lot of bullshit but that's mostly behind p2w commanders I don't own.

My 2v2 buddy is way worse. I swear a bit out loud sometimes, he full on quits the game for weeks at a time after a particularly bad loss. And frequently makes snide comments to the effect of "NICE BLOB" in the chat. Lol.

I hope he knows that winning against such enemies is the absolute best feeling you can have. He gives the enemy much more satisfaction than he would give them without flaming.

1 Dec 2015, 12:46 PM

im usually calm, although not that happy. but it sometimes does happen that i loose my temper and let it go :foreveralone:
1 Dec 2015, 12:47 PM

well most of the time i am salt free UNTILL i play some 3vs3 games........
1 Dec 2015, 13:01 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I don't play randoms so i'm salt free :D
1 Dec 2015, 13:03 PM

I get salty in games where I get so badly outplayed that I feel I may as well just uninstall CoH 2. Luckily that's where replays come in - they help me improve my skills without having to cry. What's more I can make some fun videos in-between my review content or editorials.

(I voted 1 in 20 but it varies on whether I'm playing team or 1v1. in team games with randoms the salt is real almost every game unless I'm lucky.
1 Dec 2015, 13:12 PM

There is no series of games quite like CoH. Every time I lose it feels like I lost because of bullshit. It's usually not until I reevaluate it from spectating that I realize mistakes I made. When I win it's pure skill, when I lose it's because the game is shit.

:D

I know your feel. But still now (haven't played in some days and I am totally calm right now) I think that the Allies have way more options for cheesy strats (I play Axis 99% of the time). Sure, the Axis also have a lot of bullshit but that's mostly behind p2w commanders I don't own.

I played several games vs you Highfive, some won some lost, I remember one where I all-in and lose badly (USF vs you OKW on Semois summer), you put your healing truck behind first house top start and I all-in on it with fast capt and lose my stuart/atgun and captain + zooks when I tried to destroy it.

I was Salty, mostly because of those new goddam OKW molotovs. But finally, I didn't even watch the replay to understand my mistakes during the game and I decided to improve the strat :D

This game is still a reference in my mind on "what to not do!" :D Now I always go T1 first anyway as USF.

Something I'm proud of myself about win-because-of-my-skill-lose-because-of-RNG is that I recognize when I win because of RNG. People tend to think they lose or win because of RNG 1 game over 10, I personaly think 1/3 of my victories/defeats are due to RNG. And I accept that, it makes defeat and victories feeling much more stable!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★