Login

russian armor

kubelwagen with capping capability

25 Nov 2015, 06:27 AM

or place mines at cutoff and watch the enemy have a "wipe" eveytime the go for cutoff, you know you cant reinforce kubel

Oh how I loved the built-in mine detector of the Kettenkrad.
25 Nov 2015, 06:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2015, 18:19 PMKatitof

You need to be quite terrible to lose P4 to AEC.
Pair of them might contest it, single one is vet fodder.

Yeah well headon 1vs1 not a single chance to lose P4 to AEC but its never headon and 1vs1 in matchmaking. Point was that AEC have enough power in its cannon to kill P4 so why would it need a buff to kill softer luchs?

I've heard that some of those big boys use things like smoke, critical shots and other abilities in their games to win battles.
25 Nov 2015, 07:11 AM

It'll certainly be OP as a capping unit.

Anytime Relic has ever given anyone a super fast capping unit it has been a balance issue.

Yes ofcourse it will be OP.
Even when russians can counter it in 1 minute (and m3 stains usefull even after kubel kill)
USA can kill it in 5 minutes - and m20 is strong agains new OKW as long as you go captain ASAP after m20
and brits can counter it in minute 0 an bren carrier is good because flamer is always good and it can transport units so it will give you more mapcontrol.

So at all i think it wont be such OpieOP as everybody is claimning here. It also cannot detect mines so clever player will build one mine on cut off and bye bye agrssive kubel. (NOTE: 3 of 5 best USA doctrines have mines (armor , infantry , pershing cavalry) )
25 Nov 2015, 07:48 AM

Even when russians can counter it in 1 minute (and m3 stains usefull even after kubel kill)
USA can kill it in 5 minutes - and m20 is strong agains new OKW as long as you go captain ASAP after m20
and brits can counter it in minute 0 an bren carrier is good because flamer is always good and it can transport units so it will give you more mapcontrol.

So at all i think it wont be such OpieOP as everybody is claimning here. It also cannot detect mines so clever player will build one mine on cut off and bye bye agrssive kubel. (NOTE: 3 of 5 best USA doctrines have mines (armor , infantry , pershing cavalry) )

Add 5 fuel cost to the Kubel. With the OKW starting a game with 10 fuel, it let open a fast kubel push strat but surely will not make it OP.
25 Nov 2015, 09:03 AM

Easy capping easy life.

It's going to be obnoxious on large maps and provide a huge boon to capping power.
25 Nov 2015, 09:08 AM

Easy capping easy life.

It's going to be obnoxious on large maps and provide a huge boon to capping power.

Game is meant to be balanced in 1vs1 and 2vs2.

And in higher game modes there will be other thinks not kubelcapping that will make OKW OPKW.
also in 4vs4 there ism uch more units and this will mean kubel will harder tim to cap freely.
25 Nov 2015, 09:21 AM

4vs4 will become OKW feast, I don't even try to imagine the disaster it will be with this patch :D
25 Nov 2015, 09:43 AM

Plenty of big open maps in those game modes too. Lots of empty space in some of them that take infantry a long time to traverse.

Kubels will be especially good on Arnhem, Semois and crossing in the wood insofar as 1v1 is concerned. Arnhem has lots of wide flanks, hiding spots and cut offs (On roads no less). Semois has a lot of distant points that are a bitch to hold. Crossing in the wood likewise has a cut off on a god damn road which makes it easy for a kubel to zip over.

Mines will help, but I think you're underestimating how survivable a kubel will be and how far behind it will put people. It'll hide on the edges of the map and harass while he's otherwise engaged or unable to defend. The more units he commits to going after the kubel, the less he has fighting your other units. That's the strength of a highly mobile capping unit: you can fight with your other units instead of worrying about capping.

25 Nov 2015, 10:58 AM

Plenty of big open maps in those game modes too. Lots of empty space in some of them that take infantry a long time to traverse.

Kubels will be especially good on Arnhem, Semois and crossing in the wood insofar as 1v1 is concerned. Arnhem has lots of wide flanks, hiding spots and cut offs (On roads no less). Semois has a lot of distant points that are a bitch to hold. Crossing in the wood likewise has a cut off on a god damn road which makes it easy for a kubel to zip over.

Mines will help, but I think you're underestimating how survivable a kubel will be and how far behind it will put people. It'll hide on the edges of the map and harass while he's otherwise engaged or unable to defend. The more units he commits to going after the kubel, the less he has fighting your other units. That's the strength of a highly mobile capping unit: you can fight with your other units instead of worrying about capping.

You are undermestimating allied early game vehicles.
If he get m3 or m20 or carrier he will shut dont kubel , kill 210 manpower (almost 1 volks less) and also get unit that is strong agains okw until they get some vehicle
25 Nov 2015, 11:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Nov 2015, 09:21 AMEsxile
4vs4 will become OKW feast, I don't even try to imagine the disaster it will be with this patch :D

Actually, Kubel WITH suppression was a disaster. Removing suppression makes it a lot easier for Allies. Kubel's ability to capture sectors will have zero influence on 4v4 games.
26 Nov 2015, 07:57 AM

I can see kubels becoming annoying but not gain breaking as a basic RE or Engineer unit can counter it since it lost its suppression. Mines are also your friend since kubels will take the most direct route which are roads which means easy mine placement.
26 Nov 2015, 08:42 AM

Permanently Banned
kubelagon was shit , is shit and will be shit.

Its the point of life of this unit
26 Nov 2015, 08:44 AM

Permanently Banned

And in higher game modes there will be other thinks not kubelcapping that will make OKW OPKW.
also in 4vs4 there ism uch more units and this will mean kubel will harder tim to cap freely.

I love those madagrdeners that think 1vs1 is superior to 4vs4.
They are introverted pigs that thing they can do it best themselfs and nvever discover the fun of friendsgames.
26 Nov 2015, 09:38 AM
Patrion 14

Kubel with capping and no suppression is fine. All it will be good for is pushing units(won't last for long)/and capping(won't last after 5 minutes).

It will still go extinct after the 5 minute mark; otherwise it will be a vet pinata for light vehicles. You can also ghost tank trap the kubel(can do it with ghost wire and sandbags too) to screw the pathfinding and get it killed.

Remove the capping and there is literally no reason to build this unit at all; especially added with the fact it has no suppression now. Add fuel cost, and you screw with OKW teching too much since trucks cost fuel to get out now as well.

I don't know where people get the idea that when axis had a capping vehicle, it destroyed balance completely(are people talking about the kettenkrad from COH OF?). Brits can already do this just fine with raid operations on bren carriers with the best commander in the game(granted it comes at 1 CP, but they decap points REALLY fast). USF does it pretty much all the time, and it's not like a rare sight to see t70's using their vet 1 ability. I will have no problems countering capping kubels in the december patch, especially given their already terrible pathfinding hindering them from doing their job well anyway. You can screw with their pathfinding even more by laying down tank traps on the road or chokepoints if you really want to frustrate an OKW player.
27 Nov 2015, 02:22 AM

Kubel with capping and no suppression is fine. All it will be good for is pushing units(won't last for long)/and capping(won't last after 5 minutes).

It will still go extinct after the 5 minute mark; otherwise it will be a vet pinata for light vehicles. You can also ghost tank trap the kubel(can do it with ghost wire and sandbags too) to screw the pathfinding and get it killed.

Remove the capping and there is literally no reason to build this unit at all; especially added with the fact it has no suppression now. Add fuel cost, and you screw with OKW teching too much since trucks cost fuel to get out now as well.

I don't know where people get the idea that when axis had a capping vehicle, it destroyed balance completely(are people talking about the kettenkrad from COH OF?). Brits can already do this just fine with raid operations on bren carriers with the best commander in the game(granted it comes at 1 CP, but they decap points REALLY fast). USF does it pretty much all the time, and it's not like a rare sight to see t70's using their vet 1 ability. I will have no problems countering capping kubels in the december patch, especially given their already terrible pathfinding hindering them from doing their job well anyway. You can screw with their pathfinding even more by laying down tank traps on the road or chokepoints if you really want to frustrate an OKW player.

Its basically a scout vehicle, i don't think it should be anything else. How much do you expect from a flimsy jeep lol.
27 Nov 2015, 02:26 AM

Its basically a scout vehicle, i don't think it should be anything else. How much do you expect from a flimsy jeep lol.

Sure m8, sure.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 703

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment