Login

russian armor

Ostheer Sniper overperforming

4 Sep 2015, 23:19 PM
Donator 11

While they could only nerf him vs Brits, I don't see why Brits need to cost 280 per squad anyway. Why not 245 - 260?

Yeah, 260 would be much more approperiate, same for vickers mg, it is same in performance as mg42, why is it more expensive? Right now brits saving grace are few OP units but these are going to be nerfed soon for sure so they need solid backbone.
4 Sep 2015, 23:22 PM
Patrion 14

The reason British units cost more IMO, is because of their veterancy. Infantry Sections and Vickers are fairly basic to start with, but at vet 3 (and in building for vickers and upgrades for IS), they become the best infantry in the game besides vetted elites.

Reducing the cost of IS and Vickers is not a good idea IMO. They need to cost alot so that their performance can be justified. The Ostheer sniper needs an ROF nerf vs. Brits, and maybe even USF.
5 Sep 2015, 04:30 AM

The reason British units cost more IMO, is because of their veterancy. Infantry Sections and Vickers are fairly basic to start with, but at vet 3 (and in building for vickers and upgrades for IS), they become the best infantry in the game besides vetted elites.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d3aYe4-ykAW2z_vzqR51vXkl1kO7YuXTLNNpy3R509g/edit#gid=0
tommy get good direct combat bonus but they don't get any bonus to any of their abilities.
5 Sep 2015, 04:33 AM
Patrion 14

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d3aYe4-ykAW2z_vzqR51vXkl1kO7YuXTLNNpy3R509g/edit#gid=0
tommy get good direct combat bonus but they don't get any bonus to any of their abilities.

I never said they did. The Vickers gets bonuses from buildings, and the IS gets straight combat bonuses for their brens/PIATs.
5 Sep 2015, 05:10 AM

I hate his re-cloak time, it godlike. Nerfing it and maybe armor as well would help a lot.
5 Sep 2015, 05:14 AM

I never said they did. The Vickers gets bonuses from buildings, and the IS gets straight combat bonuses for their brens/PIATs.

Tommies vet does nothing for PIAT. There's no reload bonus and PIAT doesn't use accuracy. The cover bonus reload does improve the PIAT but that's not part of vet.
5 Sep 2015, 08:57 AM
Patrion 14

Tommies vet does nothing for PIAT. There's no reload bonus and PIAT doesn't use accuracy. The cover bonus reload does improve the PIAT but that's not part of vet.

True, bit kinda nitpicking. Most people don't bother with pits on their IS anyways. My point stands. British infantry are overpriced at vet 0 for their power at vet 3.
5 Sep 2015, 15:35 PM

i never though the sniper was bad and i always advocated for a small health buff. Then relic came.... gave him a whooping 81 health, fast cloak and fast fire rate. All iam saying is relic went overboard.
5 Sep 2015, 16:02 PM

If scaling was any argument, Volks should be no cheaper then 300mp in that case.

Tommie scaling isn't really any stronger then other infantry.

Tommies are overpriced and ost sniper rof is way over the top.
Sniper war argument fans should check aim times, recloack times and their heads.
5 Sep 2015, 16:47 PM

Permanently Banned
If scaling was any argument, Volks should be no cheaper then 300mp in that case.

Tommie scaling isn't really any stronger then other infantry.

Tommies are overpriced and ost sniper rof is way over the top.
Sniper war argument fans should check aim times, recloack times and their heads.

Couldn't disagree more

Tommie vet is godlike

Their cost is very appropriate,again, cus they vet very good

Im sure relic knows the sniper is op against brits
5 Sep 2015, 17:28 PM

With target tables Ost sniper should be counterable now.

British and soviet snipers need buffs though
5 Sep 2015, 20:01 PM
Donator 22

Universal Carrier, WC51 Doge, 222, Kubelwagon, and M3 Scout car now have 50 bonus accuracy to snipers type

I think that was relics way to nerf the OH sniper :sibHyena:
5 Sep 2015, 20:53 PM

Couldn't disagree more

Tommie vet is godlike

Their cost is very appropriate,again, cus they vet very good

Im sure relic knows the sniper is op against brits

that's ignoring the massive penalty the tommies receive out of cover. Tommies is only good in the ideal situation. Even the vet 3 offensive bonus barely cover the Tommies' offensive penalty out of cover, if at all.
5 Sep 2015, 21:13 PM

When you can't even countersnipe the faggot with the scot unless he already killed 3 models and didn't move, something is very wrong.

Also why does he get 82 health to not get gibbed by worse mortars, but allied snipers get dunked on by the turbo mortar?
5 Sep 2015, 21:33 PM

Permanently Banned

that's ignoring the massive penalty the tommies receive out of cover. Tommies is only good in the ideal situation. Even the vet 3 offensive bonus barely cover the Tommies' offensive penalty out of cover, if at all.

Welp... Keep em in cover then :romeoMug:
5 Sep 2015, 22:47 PM
Donator 11

Universal Carrier, WC51 Doge, 222, Kubelwagon, and M3 Scout car now have 50 bonus accuracy to snipers type

I think that was relics way to nerf the OH sniper :sibHyena:

50% acc boost vs snipers pretty much could solve any problems any faction ever had with snipers.

Shouldn't we play that patch first and then look for solutions, if still needed?
6 Sep 2015, 03:59 AM

50% acc boost vs snipers pretty much could solve any problems any faction ever had with snipers.

Shouldn't we play that patch first and then look for solutions, if still needed?

I think this affects Pathfinders and JLI too.
6 Sep 2015, 04:05 AM

Best option is to nerf its rate of fire ONLY against Brits and keeping it the same vs soviets and usf
6 Sep 2015, 04:22 AM

I think this affects Pathfinders and JLI too.
It doesn't, but I don't really think they need it. They get a natural boost towards snipers because of of their crit abilities.
6 Sep 2015, 04:24 AM

light vehicle lack any durability outside of early game. Any sniper hunting attempt will inevitably be a one way trip. If you can't kill it on the first attempt you're already in the red in terms of resources.

What sniper needs is a nerf to their retreat bonus. Even a rifleman have problem killing them on retreat.

Also, the british sniper's rof over distance is almost flat, unlike the soviet and german sniper who fire faster as the enemy get closer.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 12
Netherlands 2
Germany 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak