Login

russian armor

Ostheer Sniper overperforming

10 Sep 2015, 07:32 AM

Everyone who says brits need more sniper counters:

+1 absolutely correct. Brits need more/better sniper counters. Design-wise they're supposed to countersnipe so I propose that the cloak time on brit sniper and ost sniper be mirrored.

I will also point out that ost sniper does over-perform vs 5 and 4 man squads. He's balanced vs 6 man squads. I don't remember where but there was a thread comparing total time to kill of sov and ost snipers vs differently sized squads, and both snipers are balanced around opposing 4/6 model squads. Sov sniper needs a RoF buff vs volks (cause theyre 5 man). I propose this be done using target tables to adjust RoF. [Ty for your post elchino]. (Squad size standardization would be even better imo).

To those complaining about durability:

I propose adding a received accuracy modifier of 1.1 - 1.2 (test the values) to all snipers but keep the HP as it is. So they will be more vulnerable to small arms but retain durability against explosives. Also propose increasing the spacing on sov sniper cause he is VERY vulnerable to AoE in cover, and snipers (as a general rule) are always in cover.

There, I believe that covers everything!
10 Sep 2015, 08:39 AM

I never said they did. The Vickers gets bonuses from buildings, and the IS gets straight combat bonuses for their brens/PIATs.

11 Sep 2015, 00:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2015, 07:32 AMJunaid
Everyone who says brits need more sniper counters:

+1 absolutely correct. Brits need more/better sniper counters. Design-wise they're supposed to countersnipe so I propose that the cloak time on brit sniper and ost sniper be mirrored.

I will also point out that ost sniper does over-perform vs 5 and 4 man squads. He's balanced vs 6 man squads. I don't remember where but there was a thread comparing total time to kill of sov and ost snipers vs differently sized squads, and both snipers are balanced around opposing 4/6 model squads. Sov sniper needs a RoF buff vs volks (cause theyre 5 man). I propose this be done using target tables to adjust RoF. [Ty for your post elchino]. (Squad size standardization would be even better imo).

To those complaining about durability:

I propose adding a received accuracy modifier of 1.1 - 1.2 (test the values) to all snipers but keep the HP as it is. So they will be more vulnerable to small arms but retain durability against explosives. Also propose increasing the spacing on sov sniper cause he is VERY vulnerable to AoE in cover, and snipers (as a general rule) are always in cover.

There, I believe that covers everything!

soviet sniper doesn't really need a rof buff either. I usually just have sniper pick off the sturm/ober/falls instead of wasting shots on volks.
11 Sep 2015, 08:31 AM

soviet sniper doesn't really need a rof buff either. I usually just have sniper pick off the sturm/ober/falls instead of wasting shots on volks.

Well, I agree gameplay wise its a minor thing. But it is the fair thing to do. Only against volks though
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 22
Netherlands 20
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak