Login

russian armor

Chruchill AVRE tank OP

PAGES (7)down
2 Sep 2015, 19:09 PM

This goes for the Sturmtiger as well

Yes, because ST has a turret which rotate in opposite direction which leads us to 180degree turn when reached the target.
Unless you are advancing with ST using reverse :lol:

I mean, really. Dont argue. Last time you tried my signature was born and today you thought that railway is more devastating than ST so...

Its cool that you are using stats and that you are not axis fanboy anymore, but sometimes you need to stop.

As for the avre, it should have lower damage than ST. Its just a mortar, not rocket.
2 Sep 2015, 19:10 PM
Donator 33

Pretty rare you are going to behind a Sturmtiger, that or a player has made a very poor decision on its behalf. Where's the AVRE turret can be turned elsewhere due to infantry when you are moving into position. Honestly I don't see how a 3 point difference means so much?

HP down to KV1 sorta leve, manual reload, what beyond that would be an issue? The damage range and Pen certainly are not the issue.

But that the neat part about this thread, two videos of damaged tanks dying as allied tanks would have to the Sturm. If it's the damage and pen bothering people here, then why not discuss the very principle of these units. And despite one opinion I'm sure most people would find the AVRE is being used to perform the same tricks as the Sturm, both videos show that in fact.

I think the very principle of the nuke tanks is a downer. But if one is ok and one is not, that pretty narrow minded.
2 Sep 2015, 19:14 PM

Yes, because ST has a turret which rotate in opposite direction which leads us to 180degree turn when reached the target.
Unless you are advancing with ST using reverse :lol:

I mean, really. Dont argue. Last time you tried my signature was born and today you thought that railway is more devastating than ST so...

I never said it was more devastating, I said it had a large Area of Effect. I don't know why your making such a stickler point out of this.

The ST does have to rotate to shoot, as it has no turret. And obviously you won't reverse at the enemy but you will need to keep re-positioning it in order to be able to shoot at the enemy since the angle of you relative the enemy keeps changing because your main gun is non-traversable without the rotation of the tank.

The day you signature was born I actually decided to delve into the stat files myself with extracting, so I can pretty much always now exactly whats going on. And honestly? The call out culture on these forums is so insanely toxic that every time there is any kind of argument it instantly devolve into people focusing on a single wrong small piece of information totally ignoring the actual content of the argument.
2 Sep 2015, 19:15 PM

I see that posting videos of 75% health and under tanks getting blown up by the AVRE is a "1 shot". How about a video of the sturmtiger blowing up an SU-85 from 100% health?

You people are posting stupid videos displaying one thing then calling it something completely different. In neither video of the OP did the AVRE 1 shot a tank from 100% to 0%. The only reason those tanks were destroyed in 1 shot is because of a prior engagement. The only issue which needs to be addressed is the reloading balance between the two tanks. Besides that don't be brain dead, you will see the AVRE before it can shoot.

To answer the OP's question at AVRE vs KT. I've used it against the KingTiger and it only took about a third of it's HP out frontally. Wasn't under ideal circumstances but seemed like it would take at least 3 hits to kill a KT. I had to bugger out because the KT and Panther I was fighting took me down to 50%.
2 Sep 2015, 19:17 PM

I never said it was more devastating, I said it had a large Area of Effect. I don't know why your making such a stickler point out of this.

The ST does have to rotate to shoot, as it has no turret. And obviously you won't reverse at the enemy but you will need to keep re-positioning it in order to be able to shoot at the enemy since the angle of you relative the enemy keeps changing because your main gun is non-traversable without the rotation of the tank.

The day you signature was born I actually decided to delve into the stat files myself with extracting, so I can pretty much always now exactly whats going on. And honestly? The call out culture on these forums is so insanely toxic that every time there is any kind of argument it instantly devolve into people focusing on a single wrong small piece of information totally ignoring the actual content of the argument.

Sturmtiger has more range and can shoot from FoW because of this and so its rotation to shoot really doesn't effect it unless you drive into the enemy.
2 Sep 2015, 19:18 PM

There is nothing wrong with single wrong piece ;)
Anyone can be wrong more or less from time to time.
Point is, you have a quite long history of being wrong constantly.

Reposition? You can check Dusty cast of mine game with ST vs SturmTigers. Move, shoot, wipe, reload with no warning, no repositioning.
2 Sep 2015, 19:27 PM

Agreed. Also there was no smoke! They should have used smoke to flank! No chance without smoke! Clearly L2P.
Yes knowing when to move your tank is a L2P issue.:D
2 Sep 2015, 19:30 PM

I see that posting videos of 75% health and under tanks getting blown up by the AVRE is a "1 shot". How about a video of the sturmtiger blowing up an SU-85 from 100% health?

You people are posting stupid videos displaying one thing then calling it something completely different. In neither video of the OP did the AVRE 1 shot a tank from 100% to 0%. The only reason those tanks were destroyed in 1 shot is because of a prior engagement. The only issue which needs to be addressed is the reloading balance between the two tanks. Besides that don't be brain dead, you will see the AVRE before it can shoot.

To answer the OP's question at AVRE vs KT. I've used it against the KingTiger and it only took about a third of it's HP out frontally. Wasn't under ideal circumstances but seemed like it would take at least 3 hits to kill a KT. I had to bugger out because the KT and Panther I was fighting took me down to 50%.

Finally someone clever attends the thread. The Alexanzerderzre posts were hurting me
2 Sep 2015, 19:43 PM

Point is, you have a quite long history of being wrong constantly.

Probably because I'm one of the 2-3 people on this forum that actually bothers to include numbers in their arguments, statistically I'm more likely to be wrong about numbers on occasion simply because I actually use them. Nobody pats me on the back when I'm right and I don't act like a child and put people in my signature when they are wrong.

Reposition? You can check Dusty cast of mine game with ST vs SturmTigers. Move, shoot, wipe, reload with no warning, no repositioning.

Moving = re-positioning.
2 Sep 2015, 20:21 PM

No you see, if it's an axis unit it's a feature.

If it's allied, it's a OP piece of shit no skill 1 shot king tiger OP. Did I mention OP?

Next on coh2.org balancing:

Make USF tanks randomly explode when they shoot, jacksons outrange my kubelwagon WTF relic pls nerf.
2 Sep 2015, 20:46 PM

If it's allied, it's a OP piece of shit no skill 1 shot king tiger OP. Did I mention OP?

Make USF tanks randomly explode when they shoot, jacksons outrange my kubelwagon WTF relic pls nerf.

Both Churchill AVRE and Sturmtiger are worst units in coh2, one shots are just disgusting and nothing more.
2 Sep 2015, 20:59 PM

Both Churchill AVRE and Sturmtiger are worst units in coh2, one shots are just disgusting and nothing more.

Yes but ignoring a unit that has the exact same role as the unit you want to cry about, just shows how much you actually care about balance.
2 Sep 2015, 21:32 PM
Patrion 15

Gotta say i'm with team Fuck You Axis on this.

You can't bitch about the AVRE without acknowledging that the Sturmtiger needs a good clobber with the nerf bat too. Ideally i'd like to see both of them reworked as super squadwiping machines aren't fun.

Sure is going to be fun taking out volk and pgren blobs with the thing though. Also looking forward to having tanks that can bounce, hit and move quickly, and AT that punches hard.

2 Sep 2015, 21:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2015, 21:32 PMUS3K
Gotta say i'm with team Fuck You Axis on this.

You can't bitch about the AVRE without acknowledging that the Sturmtiger needs a good clobber with the nerf bat too. Ideally i'd like to see both of them reworked as super squadwiping machines aren't fun.

Sure is going to be fun taking out volk and pgren blobs with the thing though. Also looking forward to having tanks that can bounce, hit and move quickly, and AT that punches hard.

It gets nerfed brah

http://www.coh2.org/topic/39402/upcomming-patch-balance-preview-by-jason-lee/post/385709

but only reload :foreveralone:
2 Sep 2015, 21:58 PM

2 Sep 2015, 22:04 PM

Bug fix != nerf.

It was a joke

I would rather see sturmtiger and AVRE deleted from the game.

BTW have you seen STG 44 Irregulars ????
2 Sep 2015, 22:10 PM

Lmao my thoughts most the time
2 Sep 2015, 22:14 PM

I don't why people in here seem to be assuming that calling for an AVRE nerf = Sturmtiger defense.

The Sturmtiger is hilarious, but it is also totally broken and shouldn't even be in the game. Neither should the AVRE. Quibbling about individual stats aside, both these units share an ability to pop around a corner, relatively quickly take aim, and erase large chunks of an opponents army.

This is BS. For BOTH of them.
2 Sep 2015, 22:19 PM

I've seen the note.

I'm happy they finally got some love, but if their weapon profiles are still heavily penalized, they might not be that much better.

Still should end up better then they were, so thats a plus.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS