Login

russian armor

Chruchill AVRE tank OP

PAGES (7)down
1 Sep 2015, 19:32 PM

I honestly don't think the AVRE is that bad, and it doesn't have as much health as OP was talking about. People are overreacting a bit to this. The AVRE operates just like the sturmtiger. Same AOE, same dmg, however AVRE has a rotating turret but a bit shorter range and automatic reload, I would just say make the reload longer or decrease the AOE, not nerf it into oblivion. :foreveralone:

Oh that's is interesting because I see the same people that were defending SturmTiger now saying AVRE is OP. Hmm that's rather ironic.

I don't say BTW that ST or AVRE are fine. Quite the opposite. I just wanted to point out double standards and bias when comes to balance.
1 Sep 2015, 19:46 PM

Opie op , only axis tanks supposed to 1 shot vipe units.
1 Sep 2015, 19:49 PM

Yeah, it's funny how the same guys who were defending the sturmtiger and said "lol l2p"
are now calling the AVRE OP.

Well, both vehicles are pretty OP.
1 Sep 2015, 19:52 PM

While the Sturmtiger and AVRE are similar, the AVRE is significantly easier to use (basically impossible to lose it outside of heavy engine damage, turret, faster aim time and reload, ect). The Sturmtiger is more about being sneaky and timing your shots for maximum effect the AVRE is basically just about driving around behind your infantry wiping stuff like any other tank.

The impact of a single Sturmtiger shot does have more potentiel to be more devastating, but the AVRE fires fast enough to achieve basically the same effect.
1 Sep 2015, 20:18 PM
Donator 11

This is pretty hilarious.

Let me just copy the stock answers from the sturmtiger.

1. Don't blob.
2. Don't leave your tanks standing still to be hit by it.
3. L2P
4. Don't stand in front of it.
5. Plant mines
6. Damage Engines.

:lolol:
1 Sep 2015, 20:22 PM

i truly agree having the AVRE like this but it needs some changes on the reload time but having a panther stopped there like a target its not motives to panik just keep it move all the time this is not the best situation to analyze a AVRE they are easy to counter there tower rotation ist prity terrible and they are slow its just a bad video and gameplay from the axis player

i totaly agree not having 1 shoot kill on tanks but having the sturmtiger kiling 1 shoot 3t34 and 1 katucha thats someting that nedd to be review and the avre nedd a review the same at least they should survive it realy low hp left but 1 shoot kill its a bit hover power but again is cost and mp and fuel i think its fine truly its just dificult to give a proper fead back on the sturmtiger performance and AVRE on the game play so i totaly think they are fine makes people to use theam but they can be counter so maybe a small nerf on the armor on AVRE so makes a bit more easy for panters to close up on theam !

so a DEbuuf on armor of AVRE or a increase manual reload time should be add !!
1 Sep 2015, 20:42 PM

all churchill variants are op, just too much hp

+1
1 Sep 2015, 20:57 PM

So when the sturm 1 shots almost any allied tank its ok but when the avre 1 shots most axis armor it needs to be nerfed? ok. No bias here
1 Sep 2015, 21:06 PM

Permanently Banned
Sturmtiger
aaa
1 Sep 2015, 21:15 PM

what is difference between hp and armor?
1 Sep 2015, 21:22 PM
Donator 11

It does not one shot a panther so whats the problem?
1 Sep 2015, 21:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2015, 21:15 PMaaa
what is difference between hp and armor?

Having a high armor rating means shells are more likely to deflect off your armor and not do damage. It's why rear armor is more vulnerable, since the armor rating is lower. Health is what you'd expect: the actual amount of damage you can take whenever a shell does penetrate your armor.
1 Sep 2015, 22:47 PM

Sturmtiger

Sturmtiger:

-Max speed: 4.7

-Acceleration: 1.6

-Turn rate: 22

-Armor: 220 (242 at Vet 2)

-Health: 1280 (1440 at Vet 2)

-Range: 45

-Horizontally Traversable Gun (turreted): False

-Cost: 560 MP and 240 fuel (adjusted for fuel income reduction)

-Time to fire: Anytime between 2-4 seconds depending on how much the main gun needs to vertically traverse

-Damage: 640

-AoE: 8

-Doesn't get faster reload until Veterancy Rank 3

AVRE:

-Max Speed: 3.9

-Acceleration: 3.5

-Turn Rate: 33

-Armor: 280

-Health: 1600

-Range: 35

-Horizontally Traversable Gun: True (Speed is 25)

-Cost: 560 MP and 180 Fuel

-Time to Fire: 2 seconds

-Damage: 640 (320 on bounce)

-Faster reload at Vet 1

TLDR: Saying Sturmtiger and AVRE are the same is like saying a Sopwith Camel is the same thing as a ME262.
1 Sep 2015, 22:47 PM
Patrion 14

even more imbalanced as Sturmtiger

:snfPeter:
1 Sep 2015, 23:52 PM
Patrion 14

Ah, we are comparing AVRE to the Sturmtiger now?

Excellent, so I take it everyone citing Sturmtiger as equivalent to AVRE agrees ST should henceforth come with its vet5 bonus pre-earned. The one that allows it to fire on the move. Also make it not reduce the move speed as it currently does. And generally remove the reload vulnerability. I will sacrifice some of the range for all that any day of the week.

(I find the AVRE nicely complements Brit playstyle and what with the abundance of heavy Axis armour by the time it arrives it's not like it can't be chased away.)
2 Sep 2015, 01:25 AM

This thread is glorious.

Axis players get a taste of what USF and Soviet players have to deal with it and they are coming out in droves to nerf AVRE. I can't wait to see the reaction when the patch goes live. Heaven forbid if Relic makes more mirror units and commanders ranging from walking stuka and USF CAS Commander that gives axis players a taste of their own medicine.

At least you can see the AVRE before it shoots unlike the strumtiger where it can shoot outside of the sight range of units with little or no warning at all.

This is pretty hilarious.

Let me just copy the stock answers from the sturmtiger.

1. Don't blob.
2. Don't leave your tanks standing still to be hit by it.
3. L2P
4. Don't stand in front of it.
5. Plant mines
6. Damage Engines.

:lolol:

Its rather ironic, it also feels so nice as an allied player getting to use an army wiping unit that destroys fully vetted Grens/PG blobs and Volks/Ober blobs in a single click allowing my vetted infantry to destroy freshly non-vetted axis infantry.

Well played Relic well played.
2 Sep 2015, 02:11 AM
Donator 11

Sturmtiger:

-Max speed: 4.7

-Acceleration: 1.6

-Turn rate: 22

-Armor: 220 (242 at Vet 2)

-Health: 1280 (1440 at Vet 2)

-Range: 45

-Horizontally Traversable Gun (turreted): False

-Cost: 560 MP and 240 fuel (adjusted for fuel income reduction)

-Time to fire: Anytime between 2-4 seconds depending on how much the main gun needs to vertically traverse

-Damage: 640

-Doesn't get faster reload until Veterancy Rank 3

AVRE:

-Max Speed: 3.9

-Acceleration: 3.5

-Turn Rate: 33

-Armor: 280

-Health: 1600

-Range: 35

-Horizontally Traversable Gun: True (Speed is 25)

-Cost: 560 MP and 180 Fuel

-Time to Fire: 2 seconds

-Damage: 640 (320 on bounce)

-Faster reload at Vet 1

TLDR: Saying Sturmtiger and AVRE are the same is like saying a Sopwith Camel is the same thing as a ME262.

You are right, the sturmtiger is still better because it has 1000 penetration and can fire through shotblockers. Now allies have a way to one click wipe multiple squads and team weapons. Seems pretty balanced to me. Just waiting for a USF CAS now.

Also, if you are letting the Petard hit your tanks that is a L2P issue.
2 Sep 2015, 02:20 AM

You are right, the sturmtiger is still better because it has 1000 penetration and can fire through shotblockers. Now allies have a way to one click wipe multiple squads and team weapons. Seems pretty balanced to me. Just waiting for a USF CAS now.

Also, if you are letting the Petard hit your tanks that is a L2P issue.

from the stats it feels like they are even some how it feels AVRE is doing way more damage than 640... my ST around 85% health fire at AVRE 70% avre it still have around 30% hp left, and AVRE return fire at my ST which should have a least 1000 hp left, but it got 1 shoted. also it 1 shot panthers in stormless video which panther had around at least 700hp by the time and it got destroyed. so i felt it doing more damage than the stat on paper
2 Sep 2015, 02:38 AM
Donator 11

from the stats it feels like they are even some how it feels AVRE is doing way more damage than 640... my ST around 85% health fire at AVRE 70% avre it still have around 30% hp left, and AVRE return fire at my ST which should have a least 1000 hp left, but it got 1 shoted. also it 1 shot panthers in stormless video which panther had around at least 700hp by the time and it got destroyed. so i felt it doing more damage than the stat on paper

In video. If panther got penetrated by any kind of AT gun or tank it would only have 640 HP left. 800-160. Also, you claim at least 700 hp left. Can you really tell a difference of 60 hp on a health bar?
2 Sep 2015, 03:07 AM

The video showed the Panther at 640 health, sorry guys. I find it weird that people are literally disputing the raw, hard data a game provides. It's not like a game is a being with feelings that can change its mind about how much dmg an AVRE can do depending on its mood.

On topic, I suggest nerfs to both AVRE and Sturmtiger, but if Sturmtiger avoids the nerf bat, then AVRE should get a fuel increase. 180 maybe? It does perform similarly to a Sturmtiger, yet it's 150 fuel instead of 200. I think its performance should be untouched because UKF's thing is good tanks.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS