Login

russian armor

Chruchill AVRE tank OP

PAGES (7)down
1 Sep 2015, 10:39 AM

Chruchill will probably get nerfed in the next patch, now aviable as tuning pack

Churchill AVRE
Health reduced from 1600 to 1400
Petard damage reduced from 640 to 440
Petard bonus damage multiplier vs buildings 1.45

Like my own experience and Stormless video presents is the Churchill AVRE really over the top. I one hit some axis tanks with it (not sure if he is even able to oneshot Kingtiger) and its really ridiculous. :hansRAGE:

- Huge amound of HP (1600?, the highest ingame?)
- 360° moving turret
- just a reload of 40 secounds, at vet 1 around 30 seounds or less and with command tank?
- reloading while moving makes it extrem nasty and agile in combat
- giving oneshots most of the axis tanks
- even more imbalanced as Sturmtiger

1 Sep 2015, 10:51 AM

The AVRE is just insane, and with 1600 HP you can't do any shit against it Kappa. Increase all HP of all axis and allied tanks then Kappa
1 Sep 2015, 11:01 AM

sturmtiger is a joke compared to a.v.r.e and in real life sturitger shell is much stronger and yet reclic wants to nerf it even more in the next matach by decresing its a.o.e and that not all sturtiger all 5 veterancy are joke compared to a.v.r.e all the vets of avre are relevant and op to the unit.....a vet 5 sturtiger >> avre but in game its insane....if avre remains better than sturitger in next patch m leaving coh 2 thats all gg relic i dont care just maket sturiger 230 fuel or something but make it a better unit dont insult the history behind the unit.FUCK RELIC !!
1 Sep 2015, 11:02 AM

you forgot its ridiculous vets and it doesnt gets disabled like sturmtiger and relic wants to nerf sturmtiger in next patch :foreveralone:
1 Sep 2015, 11:17 AM

what, 1600 hp? thats more than insane, i don't get the mind behind those things i really don't.

And i don`t want to compaire a game with real life, but the AVRE was one shot you had to reload it from outside the tank while sturmtiger was able to reload from inside. the animatin with the crane is not real, just for loading shells, in real sturmtiger could carry 16 rounds (not sure how many).
1 Sep 2015, 12:10 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Likewise with the SturmTiger, something that strong shouldn't have so much health and armour. Pretty silly.

It should also have a munitions cost attached to it like in Coh1. Make it cost say 15 munitions each shot. that would make it interesting.
1 Sep 2015, 13:08 PM

sturmtiger is a joke compared to a.v.r.e and in real life sturitger shell is much stronger and yet reclic wants to nerf it even more in the next matach by decresing its a.o.e and that not all sturtiger all 5 veterancy are joke compared to a.v.r.e all the vets of avre are relevant and op to the unit.....a vet 5 sturtiger >> avre but in game its insane....if avre remains better than sturitger in next patch m leaving coh 2 thats all gg relic i dont care just maket sturiger 230 fuel or something but make it a better unit dont insult the history behind the unit.FUCK RELIC !!

Historically? Oh please. The thing was barely beyond the prototye phase and has no history of combat effectiveness. In effect IT HAS NO HISTORY.

OTOH there were 180 AVREs ready at the time of D-Day and 750 produced overall. And they had more armor than a Tiger I and the Sturmtiger.

The unit might be OP. And will certainly get nerfed (there are already rivers of Axis tears). But please don't use "historical" as a comparison of the existence or performance of German vehicles in Relic games. Probably ever.
1 Sep 2015, 13:14 PM

Such a unit should not be in the game imo.
1 Sep 2015, 13:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2015, 13:08 PMAvNY

Historically? Oh please. The thing was barely beyond the prototye phase and has no history of combat effectiveness. In effect IT HAS NO HISTORY.

OTOH there were 180 AVREs ready at the time of D-Day and 750 produced overall. And they had more armor than a Tiger I and the Sturmtiger.

The unit might be OP. And will certainly get nerfed (there are already rivers of Axis tears). But please don't use "historical" as a comparison of the existence or performance of German vehicles in Relic games. Probably ever.

first of all units numbers dont have anything to do in game only 4 st saw action in ww2 no matter how rare the unit will be in the game..the point is about perfomance second of all m talking about the actual shell which sturmtiger had much better and the avre armor were still no match for german a.t
1 Sep 2015, 13:33 PM

AVRE op? Oh hoh you know nothing.

Witness vet 3 croc. This thing worth entire army.
1 Sep 2015, 13:44 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

AVRE is okay I guess when it would have to reload like Sturmtiger and had a bit longer reload
1 Sep 2015, 13:50 PM

Everyone cried how the sturmtiger is balanced and it didn't need a nerf, now the avre is op? LOL
1 Sep 2015, 13:53 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

Yay more one shot wonders.
1 Sep 2015, 14:02 PM

Everyone cried how the sturmtiger is balanced and it didn't need a nerf, now the avre is op? LOL

That's because it's with axis tears now.
Allies tears=L2P scrubz
Axis tears=OMG OP, PLZ NERF
1 Sep 2015, 14:09 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Mods, move this thread to balance forums.
1 Sep 2015, 14:28 PM

That's because it's with axis tears now.
Allies tears=L2P scrubz
Axis tears=OMG OP, PLZ NERF

I am 100% sure they don't see it that way. :P
1 Sep 2015, 14:37 PM

Huge amound of HP (1600, the highest ingame?)
- 360° moving turret
- just a reload of 40 secounds
- reloading while moving makes it extrem nasty and agile in combat
- giving oneshots most of the axis tanks
- even more imbalanced as Sturmtiger

on top of this
Veterancy Levels:

Rank 1 – Crew experience allows for faster reloading of the powerful Petard mortar.
Rank 2 – Veteran crews can maneuver the vehicle more quickly and aim the turret faster.
Rank 3 – The Petard mortar is fitted with an even higher yield of explosives and creates a firestorm when it explodes. Additionally, the crew will repair engine-related criticals on their own after a short time.

and cost more than sturmtiger i don't know why allied fanboys are bringing st like if its even in the same ballpark as A.V.R.E
1 Sep 2015, 14:45 PM
Donator 33

With the trial being 1 day out, the majority of people here haven't been hit by the AVRE they saw Storms video. Which the Sturm would do the same to a medium. Unless the AVRE has 1000 pen aswell and the same AOE both which o highly doubt; it already begs the question what people want?

If the AVRE is redonkspedonk and has worse stats apart from HP and an extremely slow turret, was is the ST? I think conversations can finally be held now that the sole axis vs sole allied crowds will relate.
1 Sep 2015, 14:54 PM

all churchill variants are op, just too much hp
1 Sep 2015, 15:34 PM

All churchills are fine because they don't have a KWK43 mounted on them. They are nothing more than a meatshield and that's great. It is finally possible to engage heavy tank destroyers frontally and use some tactics.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 42
Germany 36

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak