Login

russian armor

Reskin the old factions: Ostheer and Soviets

31 Aug 2015, 10:34 AM
Donator 11

Yet what I said was nothing but the truth, which you ignored :facepalm:

In my experience people claiming to state "the truth", are the furthest away from it. ;)

Quality is relative. If you look at other games with the triple-A-label on them, you see what I mean.

CoH2 is in an excellent state meanwhile. Not perfect, but one of the best RTS-games in the world. Id give it 2nd place after Starcraft. Thats quality for me.
31 Aug 2015, 10:51 AM

In my experience people claiming to state "the truth", are the furthest away from it. ;)

Quality is relative. If you look at other games with the triple-A-label on them, you see what I mean.

CoH2 is in an excellent state meanwhile. Not perfect, but one of the best RTS-games in the world. Id give it 2nd place after Starcraft. Thats quality for me.

Sure you are entitled to your opinion, yet you can't deny that Relic aims for quantity, not quality. Quality always comes second with Relic.

Ah yes, it is the second best RTS-game for you, I doubt it is for many others. Wouldn't there be a bigger player base if this was in fact the 2nd best RTS-game in the world?

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the game and I surely enjoy playing it, but stating this is the 2nd Best RTS-game in the world is going a bit overboard is it not? Relic isn't the most competent developer, their handling of not only the Coh2 campaign but also its multiplayer and faction design shows this pretty harshly.

Great game, 2nd best, nope.

31 Aug 2015, 11:15 AM

On a sidenote: Can somebody tell me what the black/yellow OKW vehicle skin is supposed to be. Never saw that camouflage on a real German vehicle. I hate that skin.

That being said, I think the available skins on OKW and USA are pretty ugly. Would be nice if there were new (and realistic) ones.
31 Aug 2015, 11:28 AM
Donator 11

Sure you are entitled to your opinion, yet you can't deny that Relic aims for quantity, not quality. Quality always comes second with Relic.

Ah yes, it is the second best RTS-game for you, I doubt it is for many others. Wouldn't there be a bigger player base if this was in fact the 2nd best RTS-game in the world?

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the game and I surely enjoy playing it, but stating this is the 2nd Best RTS-game in the world is going a bit overboard is it not? Relic isn't the most competent developer, their handling of not only the Coh2 campaign but also its multiplayer and faction design shows this pretty harshly.

Great game, 2nd best, nope.

Relic aimed for quantity at the beginning of Coh2 cicle because they urgently needed revenue to keep business going. Meanwhile Coh2 has become a financial success (which you can see by increased quality content and the hiring of asian pro employees (Mr Lee)).

There not being a bigger playerbase has many reasons, mediocre marketing, complexity of the game, the rise of mobas etc. Apart from Starcraft, RTS-games in general do not have the biggest player base.

But, sure, opinions are many. Good thing though we can discuss them. So, which current RTS-game ("current" in terms of content is still being produced by company) is the 2nd best of the world in your opinion? :)

31 Aug 2015, 11:37 AM

Act of Aggression? :D

No no, I forgot, GREY GOO. Far superior to coh2 Kappa
31 Aug 2015, 12:14 PM

Relic aimed for quantity at the beginning of Coh2 cicle because they urgently needed revenue to keep business going. Meanwhile Coh2 has become a financial success (which you can see by increased quality content and the hiring of asian pro employees (Mr Lee)).

There not being a bigger playerbase has many reasons, mediocre marketing, complexity of the game, the rise of mobas etc. Apart from Starcraft, RTS-games in general do not have the biggest player base.

But, sure, opinions are many. Good thing though we can discuss them. So, which current RTS-game ("current" in terms of content is still being produced by company) is the 2nd best of the world in your opinion? :)

Now we never stated it needed to be anything still in development, but if you put it that way, we only have limited games we can specifically argue about since most games are pretty much at a 100% content potential after a year and improve upon balance. Lame move by you, 10/10.

Limiting options to "still releasing content" just to get Coh2 in a better spot isn't that worthy now is it? Fair enough, in that case Coh2 is high in the ranks, but giving it this title isn't deserved neither worthy of recognition. Constantly releasing content isn't quality, it is quantity. Especially if you consider the poor status WFA were in after their releases, much balance there was indeed.

Asian pro employee Jason Lee? Lol

Increased quality of content? You mean OKW units blobbing up and roaming the field unopposed for months after their release. Truck pushing being legit, one faction having superior Veterancy and the list goes on. Not to talk about USF's horrible position right now, laughable faction design.

Then we have the debacle of releasing factions, but never expanding these factions for the sake of adding another faction just to cash again. Not even to name the Tiger Ace And Windustry doctrines totally breaking the game and remaining unchanged in order to have more sales on these commanders, only after months of whining were these commanders towed down (I presume after sales went down). Quality huh?

RTS-games have or had big player bases. Starcraft being one of them, Rise of Nations, Age of Empires and Sid Meier's Civilization all have or had big player bases. These games far exceed Coh2, but I do agree that Coh2 is different, in a good way. Does that make it the 2nd best RTS in the World right now, lol no.

If we use your dull and pretty lame excuse to get Coh2 higher in the ranks, "still releasing content hurrdurr", then yes, perhaps it is higher than the rest. But only in that spectrum, with respects to the rest of the RTS spectrum, it never gets close to being 2nd.

Is Coh2 a good game? Yes most certainly, I do enjoy it very much, but that is it. It will never get where Age of Empires, Starcraft or Sid Meier's Civilization got and still are.

Edit: I meant no disrespect in my previous posts, nor do I mean it now. I just think that you bending the specific factors in order for Coh2 to be on top, is just lame.
31 Aug 2015, 12:14 PM

Funny how Relic has gotten used to what every other gaming company does and can't seem to realize that they should focus more on quality than quantity. Releasing factions time and time again won't fix anything, let alone quality :wave:

We have to admit they are improving,Brits only add one new faction which seems to have the biggest amount of unique abilitys and units. Compared to for example vCoh2 or WFA.

Problem is that they didnt put the same effort into all factions.

Cmon Relic there already was a poll in the Coh2 beta forums with 80%+ votes for a change to the Grenadier winter uniform. The magazine was also added to AT rifle. So also please change this fantsy bear fur outfit.
31 Aug 2015, 12:16 PM

We have to admit they are improving,Brits only add one new faction which seems to have the biggest amount of unique abilitys and units. Compared to for example vCoh2 or WFA.

Cmon Relic there already was a poll in the Coh2 beta forums with 80%+ votes for a change to the Grenadier winter uniform. The magazine was also added to AT rifle. So also please change this fantsy bear fur outfit.

I don't know, haven't played the brits yet, we will see what topics will rise after September 3rd. I don't think they could have launched two entire new factions at a time. USF and OKW were basicallly rip offs from the USF and PE from coh1.

They never will change first two factions, unless they have finished milking the community dry. How harsh it sounds, we must be realistic here.
31 Aug 2015, 12:28 PM

I was in Alpha and I did not like the British. And I do not understand why add one faction? Some people prefer Axis and would like to see, and a new Axis faction.
31 Aug 2015, 12:34 PM
Donator 11

Act of Aggression? :D

No no, I forgot, GREY GOO. Far superior to coh2 Kappa

Plannetary Annihilation? Stronghold Crusader 2? ... endless list xD

Now we never stated it needed to be anything still in development[...]

Uff.. I made this statement to narrow down the discussion, not to "get Coh2 in a better spot" and in the hope you come up with some diamond I maybe oversaw. Civ is turn-based, no "real" RTS. Starcraft is on #1, I agree.

But, honestly, if you really think that from today's point of view AoE is a better RTS game than CoH2 than we truely have very different opinions. Back than it was legend and had more impact than Coh2 for sure and maybe even than Coh. But right now Graphics, balancing and gameplay diversity is a joke. Its like saying Dune 2 is currently the best RTS game!

Same counts for AoM, C&C Generals, Supreme Commander, or whatever RTS-game which has long been swallowed by the past.

I like to be nostalgic for the past, but I like playing entertaining video games more. Or whats the actual playerbase for AoE in 2015? 5?
31 Aug 2015, 13:56 PM
Donator 11

making a reskin takes the artists time and a lot of it let alone upping the poly count on a model. If u want higher poly count on the starting units they have to remake the model unless they had already scaled it down from a higher res one.
Skins for units are an exception as players can make their own to replace the old
31 Aug 2015, 14:12 PM

Plannetary Annihilation? Stronghold Crusader 2? ... endless list xD

Uff.. I made this statement to narrow down the discussion, not to "get Coh2 in a better spot" and in the hope you come up with some diamond I maybe oversaw. Civ is turn-based, no "real" RTS. Starcraft is on #1, I agree.

But, honestly, if you really think that from today's point of view AoE is a better RTS game than CoH2 than we truely have very different opinions. Back than it was legend and had more impact than Coh2 for sure and maybe even than Coh. But right now Graphics, balancing and gameplay diversity is a joke. Its like saying Dune 2 is currently the best RTS game!

Same counts for AoM, C&C Generals, Supreme Commander, or whatever RTS-game which has long been swallowed by the past.

I like to be nostalgic for the past, but I like playing entertaining video games more. Or whats the actual playerbase for AoE in 2015? 5?

Lol, we seem to have very different opinions on not only RTS games but Coh2 as a whole. No point in arguing over different taste and opinions.

I will leave it at that.

Cheers bro
31 Aug 2015, 14:36 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Aug 2015, 13:56 PMMittens
making a reskin takes the artists time and a lot of it let alone upping the poly count on a model. If u want higher poly count on the starting units they have to remake the model unless they had already scaled it down from a higher res one.
Skins for units are an exception as players can make their own to replace the old

Unfortunately not for automatch. As contrary to coh1.

Lol, we seem to have very different opinions on not only RTS games but Coh2 as a whole. No point in arguing over different taste and opinions.

I will leave it at that.

Cheers bro

True. cheers.

31 Aug 2015, 14:45 PM

AoE is an awesome game, but in my opinion, it never was a AAA title to begin with, some aspects of it (and AoE2, AoM and AoE3) just seem so weak and sloppy to me. Still love to play it though.
Civ5 has other huge problems which would make it lose its prestige status (like the god-horrible multiplayer from lags and drops).
Only Blizzard can do everything the way they want to, but hey, it seems they have just unlimited bags of gold.
Coh2, for me, is definitly one of the best and best made games out there, despite some of its faults.

BTT: Could someone post pictures of the Old P4 model compared to the new one? And pictures of the vCoH Tiger Coh2 Tiger? I'd love to see the difference.
31 Aug 2015, 22:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Aug 2015, 14:45 PMAnarcy
BTT: Could someone post pictures of the Old P4 model compared to the new one? And pictures of the vCoH Tiger Coh2 Tiger? I'd love to see the difference.

Panzer IV? Sure thing!

The Tiger Tank is the same as CoH1, just higher poly. Minor disproportions still apply (too wide / flat looking).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★