What is your oppinion about it?
Option Distribution Votes
84%
16%
Total votes: 92
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
28 Aug 2015, 11:17 AM

Dear Relic,

at first, great job in skinning the new units of the new factions in CoH2, the OKW, USF and UKF. All of these factions have great skins for their infantry and vehicles.

But if I have a look on the skins for the release factions, the Ostheer/Wehrmacht and the Soviets I think most of their vehicles and infantry skills fall (far) behind the skins of the added factions. They do not have the details and the crisp texture. This is a bit sad because I think this factions also deserve to profite from your really good work on texturing.

I know there are a lot more things to work on in CoH2 but from my point of view it would be nice or better necessary to give the old factions the same good look as the new ones have.
Especially the Ostheer/Wehrmacht units as the Panther and Tiger look not as good as newer skinned units. Proof me wrong, but I have the feeling the Panther and Tiger of the Ostheer/Wehrmacht are just the same models as in CoH1. This was also the case with the Panzer IV but as you introduced the new OKW Panzer IV Ausf. J you also changed the model of the Panzer IV of Ostheer/Wehrmacht. And the Panzer IV Ausf. J was a whole new 3D-model and a new skin. Great work on that! It looks REALLY good and is one of the best skinned units of the game and for sure THE best skinned vehicle for Ostheer/Wehrmacht.

So I would like to see new models and skins for vehicles as the Panther and Tiger of Ostheer/Wehrmacht, because they have a few faults which do not fit to the real vehicle. In my oppinion this is not as much the case vor the soviet vehicles because they have new 3D-models and could not be copied from CoH1 as the Panther and Tiger 1 are. But I think reworking some of the Soviet skins would also be nice because the new factions look so great compared to the original core factions.

The same is true about the infantry uniforms which are just amazing for the USF Paratroopers and British infantry, also true for OKW infatry.

I know this is a bit of work but with all the DLC stuff (skins and commanders) you are earning money with the game long after most of the people spent money to buy the game and it would be nice and I guess fair to spent a bit effort to get the look of the old factions on par with the new ones.

I would be pleased to get an answer for this request from you.

Best regards!
28 Aug 2015, 12:19 PM

One thing which crossed my mind.
Why not giving the Ostheer/Wehrmacht a Panther Ausf. D and the OKW a Panther Ausf. A (which it is right now) or Ausf. G. But a rework of the whole model and especially the drive train would be nice. This segment is not correct at all, same is true for the Tiger 1.
This setting of the different Ausf. D vs. A/G would represent the differences of the two german factions very well. Ostheer/Wehrmacht which represents the Germans in the mid of the war and the OKW at the very end.
Additionally you would not have the exact same unit in two factions.
It would be a nice touch for this good game.

Just a quick thought.

Greetings
28 Aug 2015, 20:57 PM

The 222 needs remodeled badly, it's probably the worse model in the game right now. Some models have quirks or mistakes, but the 222 is flat out fiction territory. It's a mix of the real-life 221 and 222, and about the size of a semi-truck.

The car is a model from CoH1, back then Relic didn't care so much about authenticity and probably used google images for references, which. What likely happened was the designer accidentally used a mix of 221 and 222 photographs for reference. The scale is also way off, it should be about the size of the USF Ambulance. Here's a real 222 with some German soldiers standing next to it for scale:

28 Aug 2015, 21:04 PM
Donator 11

Yes, unit reworks for more accurate soldiers would be awesome. Ostheer grens honestly look like they're wearing camo pajamas.
28 Aug 2015, 21:36 PM

The rise in quality is huge between the old and new factions.

T-34/76 = 3 Gibs
Panzer IV = 20+ Gibs
28 Aug 2015, 21:44 PM

I would love some reskins but I suspect relic is going to focus their art department on creating new vehicles/assets as opposed to redesigning the appearance of existing content. The only reason the P4 got a redesign was because OKW used a variant of it in the western fronts expansion. While I don't believe relic is entirely happy with some of the old models they do seem to consider them "good enough".
29 Aug 2015, 01:22 AM

Yeah i would like to have a reskin especially for grens but also for some other units of the original armies, it's not that they are that bad.. but they really fall short in comparison to the newer skins. I really doubt that relic is going to do anything about it though...
29 Aug 2015, 01:31 AM

It is kinda weird that only western front vehicles can brew up when they are killed.
29 Aug 2015, 01:33 AM

Oh also the MG 42 crew and Osttruppen need a minor skin fix, their shoulder patches should be White to designate Infantry. Currently they have Red ones, which designate Artillery.
29 Aug 2015, 01:49 AM
Patrion 28

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2015, 01:31 AMTalore
It is kinda weird that only western front vehicles can brew up when they are killed.

it's the oppressive russian atmosphere; it keeps the pieces from flying as far.

the first time i saw one of the tanks fire column out the hatch i thought they had added a new death crit.
29 Aug 2015, 04:54 AM

The only decent looking Ostheer infantry are Pios, winter mortar crew and Pgrens.

Grenadiers and MG-42 needs a re-skin real bad; I have no clue where they had the idea of making them wear a camoed pyjama.
29 Aug 2015, 05:34 AM

Yeah our Wehrmacht buddies really need some love. Making infantry units skinnable (AND WORKING IN ONLINE MATCHES PLEASE) would fix the problem perfectly. Since that will probably never happen, they could just take the Volksgrenadiers' models (which are very nicely made and pretty historically accurate) and maybe give them to the Wehrmacht. To differentiate, tone the Wehrmacht's a more olive color (still accurate). I don't see a problem with letting some units in the same faction share models (like grenadiers and MG42 crew members), since the Western Front armies took this indiscretion a step further by letting some units even share the same portrait. The colored symbols will always let you know what is going on, so why not even mix some uniform models and camouflage patterns within units to make for an even more aesthetically pleasing game?

As for the big topic of Winter grenadiers, I've never seen those coats before, maybe they are from this picture: I know a lot of guys in Stalingrad ended up getting civilian coats shipped to them or just stole some from the Soviet civilians and military, so maybe that's what Relic went for with the early-mid war German faction, since they do base a lot of their content on the Battle of Stalingrad.
29 Aug 2015, 06:42 AM

Grenadiers and MG-42 needs a re-skin real bad; I have no clue where they had the idea of making them wear a camoed pyjama.

Their jacket seems to be a mix of the tagged images below with the pattern enlarged, brightened, and the basic green replaced with very very dark green (for some reason).

29 Aug 2015, 08:16 AM

Sadly some of the better looking ones did not make it not the game. Like the Panzergrenadier, Lmg team and morater team model. Tank crew winter aslso didnt make it. :(

When it comes to vehicle the Sdkfz 222 Scout car should be reworked as for reasons Mr. Someguy already mentioned.

Another one would be the Ostheer Sdkfz 251 Halftuck, to be canged into an open toped vehicle, when transporting infantry sections, Relic could use the same animations as they use for infantry inside the british universal carrier.
29 Aug 2015, 08:17 AM

If they reskin the absolute shit winter OST gren uniform, it would actually allow me to play Ostheer again.

The stupid fucking bearskin that they wear is enough for me to avoid playing the faction altogether.
29 Aug 2015, 09:54 AM

I wonder, how do you envision this happening? Relic will surely put this behind a paywall :foreveralone:
29 Aug 2015, 11:24 AM
Donator 11

I wonder, how do you envision this happening? Relic will surely put this behind a paywall :foreveralone:

Id pay for new infantry skins. And Im not the only one for sure.

Feels like a missed business opportunity for relic.
29 Aug 2015, 11:40 AM

As I have said many times - the Soviets have to to remake the skins:

Summer engineers look simply disgusting. Almost all engineers, sappers were dressed in camouflage

Cape on the guards has done wrong and why cape winter?

Winter budenovka? This has never happened.

Form tank crew absolutely wrong. Tank crews were dressed in dark blue / black tank suit.

29 Aug 2015, 11:56 AM

As I have said many times - the Soviets have to to remake the skins:

Summer engineers look simply disgusting. Almost all engineers, sappers were dressed in camouflage

Cape on the guards has done wrong and why cape winter?

Winter budenovka? This has never happened.

Form tank crew absolutely wrong. Tank crews were dressed in dark blue / black tank suit.

Yes please the soviets look awful, especially the t34 model.
29 Aug 2015, 12:02 PM

stuff

These are the winter grenadier uniforms:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 38
unknown 25
Mexico 14
Germany 913

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias