Login

russian armor

Sturmtiger breaks the game

PAGES (8)down
7 Aug 2015, 17:48 PM
Donator 11

Reload on the move, reload without risk of decrew, turreted, with higher speed, theoretically wiping stuff more frequently, and... Royal Blitzkrieg?

Wait, isn't it vet 5 Sturmtiger? :foreveralone:

Its smaller AOE makes it more fair. Your example of 4 AT units shooting at the churchill makes sense but I've had the same thing happen with the strumgiter.

The range on the strumtiger mixed with its large AOE and ability to fire through LOS blockers make it a broken unit. Even in the alpha the AVRE had no were close to the range of the strumtiger.

Either reduce its range or make it so it cant fire through buildings and large AOE blockers and see where the unit goes. No one ever said to balance a game you need to do large super changes.
7 Aug 2015, 17:51 PM

Its smaller AOE makes it more fair. Your example of 4 AT units shooting at the churchill makes sense but I've had the same thing happen with the strumgiter.

The range on the strumtiger mixed with its large AOE and ability to fire through LOS blockers make it a broken unit. Even in the alpha the AVRE had no were close to the range of the strumtiger.

I don't think Sturmtiger can walk into SU85 and Firefly frontally, kill something and walk away with more than half health.

At least, well. Sturmtiger risk of getting decrew can be exploited into hell level.

7 Aug 2015, 17:52 PM

That already sounds OP even if it does not have the same range as the Sturmtiger. But I don't know for sure if it will be more OP than the sturmtiger as all the weaknesses of the sturmtiger don't really matter when you can fire very fast missiles from 45 range through buildings and wiping everything.

Not defending the AVRE here... but if it has short range you can at least retreat, with the sturmtiger it's just like you have activated Soviet windustry without getting the fuel, you just lose 240 manpower every 2 minutes.
7 Aug 2015, 17:54 PM
Donator 11

I don't think Sturmtiger can walk into SU85 and Firefly frontally, kill something and walk away with more than half health.

I think you are blowing this way out of proportion than the issue rly is. the units are about the same in armor and health with two exceptions of range an AOE (and possibly damage I don't remember)
Regardless its an ez fix for both units just make it so they cant fire through stuff. Why argue about how hard it is to kill a unit when we are discussing its abilities to ignore basic game play. plz stay on the topic
7 Aug 2015, 17:55 PM

That already sounds OP even if it does not have the same range as the Sturmtiger. But I don't know for sure if it will be more OP than the sturmtiger as all the weaknesses of the sturmtiger don't really matter when you can fire very fast missiles from 45 range through buildings and wiping everything.

Not defending the AVRE here... but if it has short range you can at least retreat, with the sturmtiger it's just like you have activated Soviet windustry without getting the fuel, you just lose 240 manpower every 2 minutes.

I don't defend both. Both are just stupid, and AVRE is even more stupid.
Good for trolling though, definitely not fun playing against them.
7 Aug 2015, 17:57 PM

Stiger is fine, dont blob and you'll be ok :)

The sturmtiger is like the B4 precision strike except that it:

Cost fuel and less man power
Does not cost munitions to use
Doesn't require vet
Can't be countered by 2-click doctrines
Can't wipe stationary tanks way behind the front line
Is way better at wiping infantry squads at the front line

You missed out all (well alot of) the bad points let me help...

Is on a far less useful commander than the B4 (which also gets a heavy tank and 8cp and shocktroops).

It has 70% less range than the B4

It has a 1 min reload that immobilizes the tank (so a 2 click callin can actually kill/abandon it).

It comes at 3CP's later than the B4

Costs alot of fuel. (160)

Quite honestly its fine, after its first shot you should be aware of it and play more cautiously.

7 Aug 2015, 18:05 PM

Axis fanboy logic

-ISU 152 = RULIIIC DAT THING CANT ONESHOT SQUADS :*(

-MORTAR 120 = RUUUULIIC PORYGON SAID THAT HE'S DONE WITH IT STOP THAT MEEESSS :(

-ML 20 = RAAALIC WTFFF LeFH don't do same damaaaage, NO MATTER ABOUT 50mm shells differences !! :crazy: #alexv #no counter #lel

-B4 = DAAAT FUCKN UNIT IS A GAME BRAAAAKUR, ITS PEN MY KRUUPSTAAAHL.

-KATYU = OMG CREEPING BARRAGE, MY STUKA ZU FUSS SO BROOOKEEEN

SU 76 = WAAAALIC GIVE 200 MUNI TO THIS GAMEBREAKER INDIRECT FIRE !!

-Sturmtiger : Oneshotting 10 squads from the FOW ? Work as intented™ :snfBarton:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2rLfc6Mn2c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw2HsoCPqig

+1, axis fanboys in a nutshell.
7 Aug 2015, 18:11 PM

+1, axis fanboys in a nutshell.

If you still defending the pre-patched 120 and current patch ML-20, you are fucking retarded.
7 Aug 2015, 18:19 PM

If you still defending the pre-patched 120 and current patch ML-20, you are fucking retarded.
Wow, we can both play in this game. If you defending current stiger or something else you are pretty retarded. Also, iam not defending ml20 or 120, but isu152 is shit, because it hits more ground than infantry. Current b4 kinda sucks too. Firing through building is a fucking joke, this includes pak43 fires through walls. It must be fixed.
7 Aug 2015, 18:22 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Give sturmtiger crew stun on hit like jag tiger

And increase price to 240 fuel.

7 Aug 2015, 18:30 PM

The idea to turn it into an artillery unit isn't a bad idea considering that it's range of use was often around 3-4 miles.

Give sturmtiger crew stun on hit like jag tiger

And increase price to 240 fuel.

:luvDerp:
7 Aug 2015, 18:45 PM
Donator 33

I think Aerohank's idea is the best solution so far. A unit that deals so much damage shouldn't be able to target ground with 100% accuracy (not with 45 range).

Piercing through buildings only makes it more frustrating to play against.

Remove piercing for direct shots and decrease range to 35.

Add some kind of arty mode that increases its range to 180 (Priest range) adds scatter and piercing (piercing to make sure the projectile doesn't collide with buildings or simply change trajectory); done.
7 Aug 2015, 19:12 PM

The unit can't function without the ability to shoot through shotblockers, removing that is basically just condemning it to the trash heap (once again).

Making it an artillery unit (which would give OKW a good thing it's been missing for a while) is an excellent idea but it should then be a dedicated one, not a mix of both.

7 Aug 2015, 19:17 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Artillery tigers?
:foreveralone:
Gimme calliope and you can have your howitzer sturmtiger :foreveralone:

OPKW Lacks artillery.... :foreveralone:

7 Aug 2015, 19:19 PM

Artillery tigers?
Gimme calliope and you can have your howitzer sturmtiger :foreveralone:

The Sturmtiger IS an artillery unit, it just only shoots at short range because Relic is full of very special people.

edit: lol bitter posting OPKW like tears in the rain ;_;
7 Aug 2015, 19:19 PM

Sturmtiger needs a buff vs Pussyking
7 Aug 2015, 21:09 PM

the sturmtiger is a troll unit. Its mere purpose and existence is to troll players.
8 Aug 2015, 02:26 AM

Played someone who made real good use of it the other day in a 3v3. It's extremely difficult to kill it when it has pretty good range, and just instantly retreats after firing. Lost several tanks while I was 'holding the line' and trying to push elsewhere on the map with my teammates.

We ended up killing 2 and he got out a total of 3 that game, axis victory after a grinding 70 minute match (ugh). Because it was well supported we basically had to commit to large pushes to take it out, which inevitably resulted in losses of at least some units on our side.

I'm undecided on whether it's OP or not. But I definitely hate the "design" of the unit, extremely high alpha strike with long cooldown. Just like the B4, in skilled hands and well supported it's insanely good.
8 Aug 2015, 02:49 AM

I never understood why people think the B4 is so great. It does high damage in a large radius. BUT you have no control over where the shell will land, so it's entirely up to the RNG Gods to decide if it will work.
8 Aug 2015, 02:55 AM

I never understood why people think the B4 is so great. It does high damage in a large radius. BUT you have no control over where the shell will land, so it's entirely up to the RNG Gods to decide if it will work.

It used to have or still has precision strike and the blast radius of the shell if so huge, it can still wipe even when hitting to the far side of units.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS