7 Aug 2015, 16:19 PM

The sturmtiger is like the B4 precision strike except that it:

Cost fuel and less man power
Does not cost munitions to use
Doesn't require vet
Can't be countered by 2-click doctrines
Can't wipe stationary tanks way behind the front line
Is way better at wiping infantry squads at the front line

It's a laughable unit now; very easy to keep alive and best used to troll people and cheating them out of the game with easy 1-shots every ~90 seconds. The 45 range means it has 10 range more than regular line of sight, making it very easy to just roll it up behind a friendly unit and just wiping anything that unit was in combat with.

The B4 was bad for gameplay, this unit is even worse.

My suggestion: Turn the Sturmtiger into a B4/Priest hybrid
Increase range to 150, increase scatter to match that of the B4, add minimum range of 50. Lets see how that works out.
7 Aug 2015, 16:27 PM

Learn to scout.
7 Aug 2015, 16:32 PM
Donator 33

Just remove its ability to pierce through buildings.

Yes, it will be harder to use because it might hit a fence. Just position it correctly then.

Make it possible to spot that unit before firing.
7 Aug 2015, 16:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Aug 2015, 16:27 PMWhoa

Learn to scout.

Maybe we can do a 1v1. You can teach me how to scout with USF while I am using the sturmtiger to 1-shot all your squads.
7 Aug 2015, 16:41 PM

This just reinforces my theory the only people pissed about the Sturmtiger are people who are sad blobbing no longer is piss easy against OKW due to lack of counters.

Then your theory is wrong. Last night it was hidden behind building, when an SU85 moved up to cover infantry shot fired through building killed SU85 instantly. Is that skill and is it not incredibly frustrating? Basically just paid for itself (cost of sending in inf unsupported for AT, destroyed AT unit, requires player now make another AT unit, loses control of section of map) without the other player having any real counter play available to them.

The unit is poorly designed and probably shouldn't even be in the game, but defending its ability to wipe from beyond LOS is foolish. We want less of these units, not more.
7 Aug 2015, 16:49 PM

The sturmtiger is like the B4 precision strike except that it:

Cost fuel and less man power
Does not cost munitions to use
Doesn't require vet
Can't be countered by 2-click doctrines
Can't wipe stationary tanks way behind the front line
Is way better at wiping infantry squads at the front line

It's a laughable unit now; very easy to keep alive and best used to troll people and cheating them out of the game with easy 1-shots every ~90 seconds. The 45 range means it has 10 range more than regular line of sight, making it very easy to just roll it up behind a friendly unit and just wiping anything that unit was in combat with.

The B4 was bad for gameplay, this unit is even worse.

My suggestion: Turn the Sturmtiger into a B4/Priest hybrid
Increase range to 150, increase scatter to match that of the B4, add minimum range of 50. Lets see how that works out.

Let me try your weed. <444>_<444>

I can foresee the anti-AVRE thread in September, will be 10X more chaos than this.
7 Aug 2015, 16:59 PM

Let me try your weed. <444>_<444>

I can foresee the anti-AVRE thread in September, will be 10X more chaos than this.

It was just a suggestion...

Nobody complains about the B4 or the Priest today. People did complain about the B4 precision strike and now relic has decided to give that ability to on a 45 range vehicle that shoots through everything and doesn't at least have the easy 2-click counter that you can use until it gets fixed.

I don't know what AVRE is so I can't comment on that. Is it going to 1-shot units every 90 seconds?
7 Aug 2015, 17:05 PM

It was just a suggestion...

Nobody complains about the B4 or the Priest today. People did complain about the B4 precision strike and now relic has decided to give that ability to on a 45 range vehicle that shoots through everything and doesn't at least have the easy 2-click counter that you can use until it gets fixed.

I don't know what AVRE is so I can't comment on that. Is it going to 1-shot units every 90 seconds?

Just imagine a faster Sturmtiger without any flaws.
7 Aug 2015, 17:13 PM

Axis fanboy logic

-ISU 152 = RULIIIC DAT THING CANT ONESHOT SQUADS :*(

-MORTAR 120 = RUUUULIIC PORYGON SAID THAT HE'S DONE WITH IT STOP THAT MEEESSS :(

-ML 20 = RAAALIC WTFFF LeFH don't do same damaaaage, NO MATTER ABOUT 50mm shells differences !! :crazy: #alexv #no counter #lel

-B4 = DAAAT FUCKN UNIT IS A GAME BRAAAAKUR, ITS PEN MY KRUUPSTAAAHL.

-KATYU = OMG CREEPING BARRAGE, MY STUKA ZU FUSS SO BROOOKEEEN

SU 76 = WAAAALIC GIVE 200 MUNI TO THIS GAMEBREAKER INDIRECT FIRE !!

-Sturmtiger : Oneshotting 10 squads from the FOW ? Work as intented™ :snfBarton:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2rLfc6Mn2c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw2HsoCPqig

ding ding ding!!!!!
7 Aug 2015, 17:13 PM
Donator 11

I cant wait for the AVRE gets the same ability and we get to hear all the axis cries as "its too op it requires no micro or skill" threads.
7 Aug 2015, 17:15 PM

I cant wait for the AVRE gets the same ability and we get to hear all the axis cries as "its too op it requires no micro or skill" threads.

Same? AVRE is way more OP than Sturmtiger. :foreveralone:
7 Aug 2015, 17:16 PM

Just imagine a faster Sturmtiger without any flaws.

Seems legit, I won't put anything past the develops team. They seem to forget every lesson learned in the past after roughly 5 days.

Old windustry T70 rush OP? Great lets fix it and then later on make sweeping changes that make the M5 quad rush completely OP.
B4 precision strike OP? Great, lets fix it and then later on give it to a unit of another faction in a different, but not less effective incarnation.

Edit: would it be breaking NDA to tell me what AVRE actually is?
7 Aug 2015, 17:28 PM
Donator 11

Not breaking NDA, AVRE is already been shown in their trailers as well as a unit highlight. The AVRE fires an explosive round similar to the strumtiger but in the alpha had a smaller AOE, went through buildings, and had a slightly faster reload time by about 5 seconds.

It came out super late (Was also expensive) but was rly good against blobs.
Thats why it will be funny if it does the same thing when the unit comes out because its almost the same unit and it will be called OP.
7 Aug 2015, 17:29 PM

Seems legit, I won't put anything past the develops team. They seem to forget every lesson learned in the past after roughly 5 days.

Old windustry T70 rush OP? Great lets fix it and then later on make sweeping changes that make the M5 quad rush completely OP.
B4 precision strike OP? Great, lets fix it and then later on give it to a unit of another faction in a different, but not less effective incarnation.

7 Aug 2015, 17:30 PM
Donator 33

You can see it in the official relic teaser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIeLmcwDvto

Looks like a turreted Sturmtiger.
7 Aug 2015, 17:35 PM

Yeah, I know what it looks like :P but what does it do?

You say it is 10X worse than the sturmtiger.. but from the clip I couldn't really tell what it does. It seemed to have short range and turret. If the only benefit is the turret, and the only downside is the range, then it's a lot less dangerous than the sturmtiger; because the range of the sturmtiger is what gives it stealth-squadwipes.
7 Aug 2015, 17:36 PM

OK, if the NDA lifted on this, I just tell you the story of COH2 AVRE.

AVRE frontally move into 2 rakentens, one stolen 6-pounder, one Panther. With 4 AT units shooting at the AVRE, AVRE one shot two Rakentens, in spite I instant retreat after they release the rockets, AVRE reversed into safety with 65% health, reload on the move.

This engagement looped until I have nothing left than my hopeless Panther. :foreveralone:

Why didn't I pursue the AVRE with Panther? 17 pounder and Firefly, of course.
7 Aug 2015, 17:38 PM

well it was balanced in coh1. actually, most people thought it wasn't good enough to be a competitive unit. iirc, it had a very short range though
7 Aug 2015, 17:40 PM

But that doesn't really sound 10X worse than the sturmtiger, sound more like exactly the sturmtiger... Drive up to stuff, 1 shot and escape. With the added benefit that you can do it without being seen (unless the AVRE also has 45 OPrange). Unless you think the whine will be worse because it is an allied unit. :snfAmi:
7 Aug 2015, 17:43 PM

But that doesn't really sound 10X worse than the sturmtiger, sound more like exactly the sturmtiger... Unless you think the whine will be worse because it is an allied unit. :snfAmi:

Reload on the move, reload without risk of decrew, turreted, with higher speed, theoretically wiping stuff more frequently, and... Royal Blitzkrieg?

Wait, isn't it even better than vet 5 Sturmtiger? :foreveralone:
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 17

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak