Login

russian armor

PSA: Window count of buildings no longer matter

8 Jul 2015, 05:38 AM

I personally don't think this is a terrible change.

I strongly disagree with the belief that OST should be inherently better than garrisoning 99% of buildings than Sov, simply because they have Grenadiers. How effective a faction was at using garrisons could hardly have been factored in when designing a faction's unit sizes.

Flamers should be given more priority so that they don't get teleported by models without flamers, just like an MG has priority.
8 Jul 2015, 07:25 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Game-breaking. Completely destroys how buildings should be used and countered tactically. Pls fix immediately.
8 Jul 2015, 07:34 AM
Patrion 14

So, I have flip flopped my outlook. When this first came out, I thought it was a great idea because it would allow larger squads and less used buildings to benefit.

Unfortunatly, relic messed it all up, (suprise, suprise) and now we have units refusing to fire flamer and lmgs through windows, units Teleporting like they are in portal, and nigh unusable m3a1s and 250 hts.

Relic, when can I ever trust you enough to do something right? I really want to, but my heart has been crushed so many times. :(
8 Jul 2015, 12:11 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

Oh man :facepalm:

why did they change that in the first place?
8 Jul 2015, 12:15 PM

Oh man :facepalm:

why did they change that in the first place?

They attempted to make it so larger squads could use buildings correctly (you can tell they changed how entering buildings works to), but I guess they made an oopsie somewhere.
8 Jul 2015, 12:35 PM

They attempted to make it so larger squads could use buildings correctly (you can tell you changed how entering buildings works to), but I guess they made an oopsie somewhere.

No, they didn't attempted anything since there is no patch note for it.

They simply fucked up without excuse.
8 Jul 2015, 12:38 PM

No, they didn't attempted anything since there is no patch note for it.

They simply fucked up without excuse.

I never said they had an excuse, but it's really obvious they did something. Also seriously? When has anyone ever trusted patch notes Katitof?
8 Jul 2015, 13:03 PM

I never said they had an excuse, but it's really obvious they did something. Also seriously? When has anyone ever trusted patch notes Katitof?

Its really simple.
Its in patch notes=its intended.
Its not=likely a bug.
There are always ninja changes, but changes of this caliber don't go without a note.
8 Jul 2015, 14:43 PM

Just change it back as it was. And if there is problem with squad numbers just give all building 6 windows instead of 4 o, but leave those 1 windoved as they are so we can still tacticaly flush units from buildings
9 Jul 2015, 08:40 AM

They attempted to make it so larger squads could use buildings correctly (you can tell they changed how entering buildings works to), but I guess they made an oopsie somewhere.

I'am agree with Katitof, i think they just fucked up, cause its not only garrison in building, teleport appear on vehicle too, M3 etc
9 Jul 2015, 09:44 AM

am i actually the only one who thinks buildings have been overpowered right from the start? they give insane LoS and extreme cover. Way too many games consist of hopping out and inside buildings. Also it rewards campy players and playstyles. IMO small arms should do A LOT more damage to houses.
9 Jul 2015, 09:50 AM

am i actually the only one who thinks buildings have been overpowered right from the start? they give insane LoS and extreme cover. Way too many games consist of hopping out and inside buildings. Also it rewards campy players and playstyles. IMO small arms should do A LOT more damage to houses.

Garrison cover is supposed to be superior.

You're getting best defense at the expense of not being able to use full squad potential due to window limitations.

This obviously favors ost 4 man squads.

Countering them requires approaching on the side with least windows(before relic fucked up), using nades, flames or indirect fire, which all deal bonus damage to garrisoned units.

Its "overpowered" only if you don't use counters against it, but then again, what isn't if you don't attempt to properly counter it?
9 Jul 2015, 10:45 AM

Garrison cover is supposed to be superior.

You're getting best defense at the expense of not being able to use full squad potential due to window limitations.

This obviously favors ost 4 man squads.

Countering them requires approaching on the side with least windows(before relic fucked up), using nades, flames or indirect fire, which all deal bonus damage to garrisoned units.

Its "overpowered" only if you don't use counters against it, but then again, what isn't if you don't attempt to properly counter it?

sorry but in this case you ve never been as OKW or USF on semoisky and played against someone who rushed to your house at the cutoff with his first units
9 Jul 2015, 10:51 AM

sorry but in this case you ve never been as OKW or USF on semoisky and played against someone who rushed to your house at the cutoff with his first units

Umm, OKW vs USF on semo boils down to OKW kubel locking USF player in the first skirmish and USF needs to go all the way around the field.

Is this what you meant?
9 Jul 2015, 10:55 AM

Jesus christ relic, this is pathetic, no wonder people are jumping off this sinking ship.
9 Jul 2015, 11:05 AM
Donator 33

I remember green cover being 0.05 better than garrison cover, but you dont lose garrison cover bonus in fights that happen under the "10" range
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★